The e-commerce.

Offical Google Checkout module for osCommerce Support Thread

Silverado05

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1406 - Data too long for column 'configuration_description' at row 1

insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('.htaccess Basic Authentication Mode', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_GOOGLECHECKOUT_CGI', 'False', 'Your site Site in installed with PHP over CGI?

This configuration will disable PHP Basic Authentication that is NOT compatible with CGI used in the responsehandler.php to validate Google Checkout messages.

If setted True you MUST configure your .htaccess files here.', '6', '4', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'False\', \'True\'),',now())

[TEP STOP]

Might someone be able to shed some light on this previous post. I am getting it too....

I have gone into phpmyadmin and increased the varchar length from 255 to 350 but the problem persists.

Might someone be able to shed some light on this previous post. I am getting it too....

I have gone into phpmyadmin and increased the varchar length from 255 to 350 but the problem persists.

1. increases varchar length from 255 to say 350, it is more than enough...

I have just done this too:

go into phpmyadmin, in table configuration, click SQL tab, then copypaste below into text box then click GO

insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('.htaccess Basic Authentication Mode', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_GOOGLECHECKOUT_CGI', 'False', 'Your site Site in installed with PHP over CGI?

This configuration will disable PHP Basic Authentication that is NOT compatible with CGI used in the responsehandler.php to validate Google Checkout messages.

If setted True you MUST configure your .htaccess files here.', '6', '4', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'False\', \'True\'),',now())

check the table contents and you will see the new entry at the bottom of the screen.

--- only took an hour to figure out so not too much hair lost ;o)

matthew

I don't see one v1.4.5ab???

What is the date

http://code.google.com/p/google-checkout-o.../downloads/list

click on below link to download:

google-checkout-oscommerce-v1.4.5a.zip

http://google-checkout-oscommerce.googleco...rce-v1.4.5a.zip

Edited by MatthewRitchie

Hello I have put together a full package to download...

this includes

OSC 2.2 RC1

GCO v1.4.5a

and because i like it so much:

STS v4.5.8

please see pages following:

http://www.bluegreenenterprises.com/ebusiness_info/index.php

Titles:

STS GoogleCheckout

Many Thanks for all your help, Hugs all Round ;o)

Matthew John Ritchie

I posted this in the General Support forum, but thought it should be asked here also...you have to keep logging in when you go to my shopping cart:

I didn't test putting a product in my shopping cart, and going to checkout, before installing the Google Checkout module (GCO is the only payment option I plan on using...for a while anyway).

I notice that when I put a product in my shopping cart (after logging in) and then go to checkout, I am asked to sign in again. I also noticed that when I am being asked to login again, my cart shows as empty. If I log in again from the checkout page and then go to the product page to put the product back in my cart (it stills shows empty when I go back to the product page) I will get the result of 2 products in my cart once I've added it again. Then I am asked to login again when I try to checkout. Very frustrating.

I'm not sure if GCO is doing this or OSC.

Also, for anyone familiar with the GCO module, I have a question. Why does the GCO button show up (greyed-out) on the customer login page? Why is it necessary for it to be there? I wouldn't think that GCO would have anything to do with someone logging onto my site.

Note: I use a shared SSL

Edited by vicster

STS + GCO FILES AND MODS NOW AVAILABLE AT

STS POWER PACK

MORE INFO AND NOTES AT

BGE/STS_GoogleCheckout

Matthew John Ritchie

p.s.

I have another contrib in development:

WEB MOBILE COMPLIANT THUMBNAILS

it is a fix so you can have thumbnails for the public viewing pages for fast uploads to mobiles as well as having large pictures in the popup windows

if this reminds you of anything please let me know so i can have a look

I installed GC but when I proceed to check out I get a blank white page on checkout_payment.php Any ideas. I'm quite stumped. I get these two errors on the page.

Warning: googlecheckout(/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php) [function.googlecheckout]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web271/b2719/sl.paylew/public_html/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 43

Fatal error: googlecheckout() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-4.4.7/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web271/b2719/sl.paylew/public_html/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 43

I notice that when I put a product in my shopping cart (after logging in) and then go to checkout, I am asked to sign in again. I also noticed that when I am being asked to login again, my cart shows as empty. If I log in again from the checkout page and then go to the product page to put the product back in my cart (it stills shows empty when I go back to the product page) I will get the result of 2 products in my cart once I've added it again. Then I am asked to login again when I try to checkout. Very frustrating.

I'm not sure if GCO is doing this or OSC.

Also, for anyone familiar with the GCO module, I have a question. Why does the GCO button show up (greyed-out) on the customer login page? Why is it necessary for it to be there? I wouldn't think that GCO would have anything to do with someone logging onto my site.

Does anyone think this may be a shared SSL issue? I'm seriously thinking of getting a dedicated SSL, but didn't really want to spend the money if it is unneccessary.

I finally got some help with my 'repeat login' issue and was finally able to make it through checkout. But I have a new problem. Once the GCO process is complete and you click the link to come back to my site, you are asked to log in again. (sigh) Once you log in you are taken not to the gc_return or checkout_success page you were trying to get to, but the home page.

Anyone know what this is about?

So you want to use your new iPhone to look at you website and show your mates BUT five minutes later you are still waiting for the page to load...... tick tock.....

Have you got a tonne of LARGE images stored in your image folder? well that is a big part of the problem! Mobile devices DO NOT like big images!

So you need smaller thumbnail images available first and foremost then bigger images for when customers want to click on the popup image in the product description pages.

Please see the Articles below for installation instructions: www.bluegreenenterprises.com

Web Mobile Thumbnails

How to have 'micro' images for webmobile fast downloads of your website to say the iPhone:

The easy way in THREE quick steps:

(1.)

Download freeware: EASY THUMBNAILS. Convert all you large product pictures to thumbnails of the size 100 wide by 80 high.

These thumbnails need to be in your image/manufacturer folder such as catalog/images/dvd or catalog/images/microsoft folder.

Then move all the large images into a sub folder called 'large' (All lowercase), like so: catalog/images/microsoft/large/...... etc.

(2.)

GOTO catalog/popup_image.php and insert:

// get large image for popup window from images/xxx/large/

$imgpath = $products['products_image'];

$imgpath = str_replace('/', '/large/', $imgpath);

// end get large image

?>

Just after the closing head tag and before opening body tag.

(3.)

Change:

echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image'] , $products['products_name']);

To:

echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $imgpath, $products['products_name']);

All done. you now have a big picture for your popup and small picks everywhere else for fast mobile downloads.

Now SETUP UP paypal etc to accept mobile payments!

Matthew John Ritchie

BlueGreenEnterprises.com

Help

Can anyone help me with the shipping on the google checkout.

I am just completely lost.. I sell used books and what I want the price to be is 3.50 for the first and 4.95 for all the rest of the books ordered.. plus I am selling some jewerly that i want to offer free shipping..

and I am at a lost for what to do..

I am using the shipping table where I can use quanilty to price the items.. but that doesn't translate back to the google checkout .. the price for shipping in only $1.00.

I know people say don't use this but that is the only sales I am getting right now are google.. lucky the books being bought are real small..

anyway please help.. if you can.. I just feel so dumb.

nppie ;)

I did this and it worked for one item.. googlecheck out isn't charging only a $1.00

It is charging 3.50 for one book or tow books..

now All I need how to charge the extra 1.45 for the extra books..

and how to deal with free shipping.. thank you

Noppie

2) Apply the include_once fix i.e. in includes/classes/shipping:

Find:

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($include_modules); $i<$n; $i++) {

include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/modules/shipping/' . $include_modules[$i]['file']);

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'shipping/' . $include_modules[$i]['file']);

$GLOBALS[$include_modules[$i]['class']] = new $include_modules[$i]['class'];

}

And replace with:

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($include_modules); $i<$n; $i++) {

include_once(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/modules/shipping/' . $include_modules[$i]['file']);

include_once(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'shipping/' . $include_modules[$i]['file']);

$GLOBALS[$include_modules[$i]['class']] = new $include_modules[$i]['class'];

}

Help

Can anyone help me with the shipping on the google checkout.

I am just completely lost.. I sell used books and what I want the price to be is 3.50 for the first and 4.95 for all the rest of the books ordered.. plus I am selling some jewerly that i want to offer free shipping..

and I am at a lost for what to do..

I am using the shipping table where I can use quanilty to price the items.. but that doesn't translate back to the google checkout .. the price for shipping in only $1.00.

I know people say don't use this but that is the only sales I am getting right now are google.. lucky the books being bought are real small..

anyway please help.. if you can.. I just feel so dumb.

nppie ;)

There is a help file posted by someone (I forget who) in the Google Checkout contribution area. I followed all of the steps so far but this step stumps me (call me stupid :) ):

5) Check DIR_DS_CATALOG is set correct in /includes/configure.php. It might need to be set manually.

What does this mean? I don't have a DIR_DS_CATALOG in there...

Also, along with my question above...

I finally got the gc_return (checkout complete) page to show once you return from GCO...but it has logged me out. How can I keep someone logged in after returning? And of course the shopping cart is still full once you sign in again. I saw above that someone suggested using the 'cart reset' on the page you return to, but I can't use that if the customer is logged out when they return...it would just reset a guest cart.

I am still working in the Sandbox. Is it becuase of this? Or is it because I have a shared SSL? I'm banging my head here...

BTW - Do orders placed while in the Sandbox show up in Admin and under the customer's order history? Because I'm not getting anything and I don't know if that's just the way it is when you're using the Sandbox.

I'm getting so frustrated with this GCO it isn't even funny. It's the only payment I accept and it's keeping me from going live.

:::Going off to a corner for a good cry and a Coors Lite::: :)

I've had google checkout up and running happily for a couple of months. I notice that customers put goods in their carts click on the regular checkout button and then go into the login procedure when what I would really like them to do is go directly to the google checkout button. I understand that to eliminate the regular checkout button changes would have to be made to the file shopping_cart.php. Unfortunately I'm a shopkeeper not a programmer and would therefore be most grateful if someone could tell me exactly what I have to change in order to remove the regular checkout button and replace it with the google checkout button.

Tom

I checked the Google Integration site and found this error, an HTTP 302 error with the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<merchant-calculation-callback xmlns="http://checkout.google.com/schema/2" serial-number="73d24556-413c-4c0b-942a-7f8263f1341d">

<shopping-cart>

<items>

<item>

<item-weight value="0.0" unit="LB" />

<item-name>Test Stainless Steel Ring

- Size 13</item-name>

<item-description>This is a test stainless steel ring. Please do not attempt to purchase this as nothing will be shipped to you! Thank you for looking at this test stainless steel ring! Peace out.</item-description>

<quantity>1</quantity>

<unit-price currency="USD">45.99</unit-price>

<merchant-item-id>41{2}24</merchant-item-id>

<merchant-private-item-data>

<item>YToxMDp7czozOiJxdHkiO3M6MToiMSI7czo0OiJuYW1lIjtzOjI1OiJUZXN0IFN0YWlubGVzcyBTd

GVlbCBSaW5nIjtzOjU6Im1vZGVsIjtzOjQ6IlIwMTAiO3M6MzoidGF4IjtpOjA7czoxNToidGF4X2Rlc2

NyaXB0aW9uIjtzOjE2OiJVbmtub3duIHRheCByYXRlIjtzOjU6InByaWNlIjtzOjc6IjQ1Ljk5MDAiO3M

6MTE6ImZpbmFsX3ByaWNlIjtkOjQ1Ljk5MDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMTk4OTUxOTY2MDEyODI4MDUyMDQzOTE0

Nzk0OTIxODc1O3M6Njoid2VpZ2h0IjtzOjQ6IjAuMDAiO3M6MjoiaWQiO3M6NzoiNDF7Mn0yNCI7czoxM

DoiYXR0cmlidXRlcyI7YToxOntpOjA7YTo3OntzOjY6Im9wdGlvbiI7czo0OiJTaXplIjtzOjU6InZhbH

VlIjtzOjI6IjEzIjtzOjk6Im9wdGlvbl9pZCI7aToyO3M6ODoidmFsdWVfaWQiO3M6MjoiMjQiO3M6Njo

icHJlZml4IjtzOjE6IisiO3M6NToicHJpY2UiO3M6NjoiMC4wMDAwIjtzOjExOiJ0cmFja19zdG9jayI7

czoxOiIxIjt9fX0=</item>

</merchant-private-item-data>

</item>

<item>

<item-weight value="0.0" unit="LB" />

<item-name>ChanTal Ethocyn Essence Serum - 3 Vial Set</item-name>

<item-description>THIS SITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION! You can purchase this item at www.itsokaytoshowoff.eCrater.com.

ChanTal Ethocyn Essence Serum - 3 Vial Set

This is a set of 3 vials of ChanTal Ethocyn Essence Serum. A 90-day supply!

We receive several of these sets every week so our supply is always fresh! ...</item-description>

<quantity>1</quantity>

<unit-price currency="USD">84.99</unit-price>

<merchant-item-id>30</merchant-item-id>

<merchant-private-item-data>

<item>YTo5OntzOjM6InF0eSI7czoxOiIxIjtzOjQ6Im5hbWUiO3M6NDI6IkNoYW5UYWwgRXRob2N5biBFc

3NlbmNlIFNlcnVtIC0gMyBWaWFsIFNldCI7czo1OiJtb2RlbCI7czozOiIzdnMiO3M6MzoidGF4IjtpOj

A7czoxNToidGF4X2Rlc2NyaXB0aW9uIjtzOjE2OiJVbmtub3duIHRheCByYXRlIjtzOjU6InByaWNlIjt

zOjc6Ijg0Ljk5MDAiO3M6MTE6ImZpbmFsX3ByaWNlIjtkOjg0Ljk4OTk5OTk5OTk5OTk5NDg4NDA5MjMw

MjUyNzI3ODY2MTcyNzkwNTI3MzQzNzU7czo2OiJ3ZWlnaHQiO3M6NDoiMC4wMCI7czoyOiJpZCI7aTozM

Dt9</item>

</merchant-private-item-data>

</item>

</items>

<merchant-private-data>

<session-data>3776350518b1ee67915e9504707ba9b2;osCsid</session-data>

</merchant-private-data>

<cart-expiration>

<good-until-date>2008-11-30T19:15:48.000Z</good-until-date>

</cart-expiration>

</shopping-cart>

<buyer-id>265732330524287</buyer-id>

<calculate>

<addresses>

<anonymous-address id="463367433139501">

<country-code>US</country-code>

<postal-code>19956</postal-code>

<city>Laurel</city>

<region>DE</region>

</anonymous-address>

</addresses>

<shipping>

<method name="Zones: Zones Rates" />

</shipping>

<tax>false</tax>

<merchant-code-strings />

</calculate>

<buyer-language>en_US</buyer-language>

</merchant-calculation-callback>

Anyone know what this is?

(BTW- guess my Sandbox session is over. Now what am I supposed to do while I'm still trying to fix this/get this working? They won't let me edit the URL for the callback to the correct one - they only give me access to the error log. The error above happened while it was correct.)

Well, I give up. I have verified with my host, on three seperate occassions within the last day and a half, that the callback URL I am using is correct. The last 2 guys I talked to said that there must be something in the code keeping it from connecting. At first they thought maybe the permissions on the SSL cert were set incorrectly, so they put a ticket in and had it checked but it was fine.

I ran the Responsehandler Test by Ropu and I get the 'cannot connect to server'.

I decided to switch everything to http and test outside of my SSL. (I have GCO Integration set to HTTP:// also)

In Ropu's test I get the following:

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 16:28:53 GMT

Server: Apache

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.4

Set-Cookie: osCsid=****on purpose****; path=/products/catalog/; domain=itsokaytoshowoff.com

Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT

Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0

Pragma: no-cache

Connection: close

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Content-Type: text/html

I just can't, for the life of me, figure out what the problem is...I've been working on this for 2 weeks now. This is crazy! :huh:

I am running PHP5...would this have something to do with it?

I decided to switch everything to http and test outside of my SSL. (I have GCO Integration set to HTTP:// also)

Hi Vickie

This thread does not seem to be supported very well. In following your dialogue from the beginning, it seems that what you want to do is use GC as your only checkout/payment means. That is what I have been trying to set up on my web site. By altering shopping_cart.php I have eliminated the OSC checkout which just leaves GC as the only checkout option. Customers can still go to "continue shopping" or "update" the cart contents. This works well as the customer is not confused by having to log their details into my website and then do the same again for Google. The only problem I have is in trying to eliminate "Checkout" from the navigation toolbar. As some have suggested, I have tried commenting "checkout" out of the file but no joy so far. the page just goes blank on me....not a good sign. I will persevere. This path may be a lot less complicated than the route you are trying.

Regards,

Tom

The only problem I have is in trying to eliminate "Checkout" from the navigation toolbar. As some have suggested, I have tried commenting "checkout" out of the file but no joy so far. the page just goes blank on me....not a good sign.

Tom,

This I have managed to do. You just remove it from the header.php file in catalog/includes...do you have STS? I think you have to remove it from elsewhere if you use STS. I have STS installed, so if you do as well I can try to trackback and see where else I had to remove it.

As far as GCO, it processes everything fine and gets recorded on Google's site, but not in my admin. Also, when you click the link to return to my site you are taken to the login page or an empty shopping cart instead of the checkout success page.

I really did not want to use Paypal, but I guess I'll install that next to see if Paypal works, at least.

Edited by vicster