• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Offical Google Checkout module for osCommerce Support Thread

Silverado05

Installed and working fine if using the google checkout button on the shopping cart page but if go through regular checkout and select google on checkout_payment.php it doesn't work. It goes to confirm then when hit confirm it returns back to the cart.

Any ideas?

I have moved on from oscommerce to magento and no longer monitoring this site.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installed and working fine if using the google checkout button on the shopping cart page but if go through regular checkout and select google on checkout_payment.php it doesn't work. It goes to confirm then when hit confirm it returns back to the cart.

Any ideas?

It's against Google's TOS to have it as a payment option on the payment page. You missed the step that removes it as an option on that page.

It's against Google's TOS to have it as a payment option on the payment page. You missed the step that removes it as an option on that page.

personally think it should be allowed also needing ssl is little OTT as transaction is made on google server, not saying dont use ssl (i moved servers so i can) just dont understand why you must with google checkout.

I have not seen any evidence that "It's against Google's TOS to have it as a payment option on the payment page." Please quote your source.

I'll quote what I found in the rules so far that seems relevant:

You may place Checkout buttons after login pages if and only if the following conditions are met:

* You display the Google Checkout Acceptance Logo on your website

You must display the Google-hosted Checkout acceptance logo before the login pages of your website so buyers know that Google Checkout is accepted after login.

I have not seen any evidence that "It's against Google's TOS to have it as a payment option on the payment page." Please quote your source.

You may place Checkout buttons after login pages if and only if the following conditions are met:

You must display the Google-hosted Checkout acceptance logo before the login pages of your website so buyers know that Google Checkout is accepted after login.

Well I don't know where you found that it is against TOS for level 2. The whole point of Google checkout level 2 is that the customer does not need to log in AND it is not available after the customer chooses to "checkout" rather than the GC option.

The only exception is the GC IPN which is available like PayPal on the normal checkout screen.

Well I don't know where you found that it is against TOS for level 2. The whole point of Google checkout level 2 is that the customer does not need to log in AND it is not available after the customer chooses to "checkout" rather than the GC option.

The only exception is the GC IPN which is available like PayPal on the normal checkout screen.

Okay so I can see how it is to goggle's benefit to bypass our checkout system so they get customer data and we don't but how is it to our benefit as store owners not to know our customers names, addresses, phone number, order history etc.?

So I want google check out to be an option in the normal check out process like paypal or whatever else I offer and not to bypass it at all. Once they have created an account in my store and reached the payment options page they can pay by google checkout and be returned to my store and the order payment is confirmed.

Just today fearless leader (Harald Ponce de Leon) released 2 new pay pal modules, pro and express that do this beautifully. And since google checkout isn't free (now 2%) why would I settle for less.

I wonder if this google module is set up like it is, in googles best interests not ours, because it was written by someone paid by google to write it. After all I see nothing in their TOS that says the checkout process needs to be bypassed.

Just today fearless leader (Harald Ponce de Leon) released 2 new pay pal modules, pro and express that do this beautifully. And since google checkout isn't free (now 2%) why would I settle for less.

1) Yes it's great that Harald is launching these important "official" modules.

2)

why would I settle for less.

a) Well actually Google Checkout can easily be free if you spend money with adwords. I don't see PayPal doing this, and I didn't see you mention PayPal charges which imo are huge.

b\) If you don't use level 2 your Adwords ads don't get the GC badge. (and let's face it Google rules the search world)

c)

how is it to our benefit as store owners not to know our customers names, addresses, phone number, order history etc.?

The level 2 system populates the osC database so we have all their details (although usually with a GC spoof email).

Ultimately it's personal choice ofc but I thought I would offer the alternative.

Edited by Babygurgles

1) Yes it's great that Harald is launching these important "official" modules.

2)

a) Well actually Google Checkout can easily be free if you spend money with adwords. I don't see PayPal doing this.

b\) If you don't use level 2 your Adwords ads don't get the GC badge. (and let's face it Google rules the search world)

c)

how is it to our benefit as store owners not to know our customers names, addresses, phone number, order history etc.?

The level 2 system populates the osC database so we have all their details (although usually with a GC spoof email).

Ultimately it's personal choice ofc but I thought I would offer the alternative.

Okay so if you are using google adwords there are some benefits to using google checkout. Okay.

But at least the google checkout module in oscommerce could be written so the customer has to create an account and gets to choose from all the options on the payment options page. And we should be passing their account info to google for their convenience. And then when the transaction is complete google should be sending them back to us and oscommerce should know the google transaction is complete so it can send out the usual order confirmation.

But at least the google checkout module in oscommerce could be written so the customer has to create an account and gets to choose from all the options on the payment options page.

Why? If they chose to go GC instead of normal checkout then that's the customers perogative.

And we should be passing their account info to google for their convenience.

Don't understand.

And then when the transaction is complete google should be sending them back to us and oscommerce should know the google transaction is complete so it can send out the usual order confirmation.

It does.

Hi all, I'm getting the following error on the GC Integration Console page?

Error parsing XML; message from parser is: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'br'.

Can anyone shed any light?

Hi i just fixed this problem. check you files like shipping_methods for extra spaces in the front and end of the coding make sure <?php is the 1st thing with nothing in front of it and ?> is the last with nothing behind it

Why? If they chose to go GC instead of normal checkout then that's the customers perogative.

Don't understand.

It does.

So good that it passes the payment confirmation info from google back to osc.

To clarify what I was saying ....

Its fine with me if the customer chooses google on the checkout payment page once they have seen all the options. Its not okay with me to give the option before they have seen all the other options.

And it is definitely not okay with me to give them the option to checkout with google without creating an account in my store.

So instead of having the option to select google checkout on the login page and then leave my site without creating an account, I would just like to put the google checkout logo there that assures them that they can checkout with google once they create an account, which is allowed in the google checkout TOS.

Similarly instead of offering google checkout from shopping_cart.php I want to offer it on checkout_payment.php

Now, once they select the google checkout payment option, I want the account information they entered in oscommerce to populate the fields in google checkout so they don't have to reenter what they have just entered.

As far as I can tell this is acceptable to googles TOS but just not the way the module is written.

I need my customers email address and phone number so I can communicate with them directly. And I want my customers to see all their payment options before choosing.

Hi i just fixed this problem. check you files like shipping_methods for extra spaces in the front and end of the coding make sure <?php is the 1st thing with nothing in front of it and ?> is the last with nothing behind it

thanks for your help - worked a treat! not exactly the easiest problem to find hey as the error is invisible

And it is definitely not okay with me to give them the option to checkout with google without creating an account in my store.

Why? .. Google fills it all in for you. You still have an account created for the customer with all the details.

I want the account information they entered in oscommerce to populate the fields in google checkout so they don't have to reenter what they have just entered.

You misunderstand the WHOLE point of Google Checkout level 2. The KEY benefit for users is that they fill in their details into Google Checkout ONCE. Every shop they buy from (That offers Google checkout lev2) .. the Google system fills out the information and creates the account for them.

As far as I can tell this is acceptable to googles TOS but just not the way the module is written.

Sure, you can offer google like PayPal on the payment page but you wont get a Google checkout badge.

I need my customers email address and phone number so I can communicate with them directly.

Sigh .. you still have that .. Google fills out your DB particulars for you.

Why? .. Google fills it all in for you. You still have an account created for the customer with all the details.

You misunderstand the WHOLE point of Google Checkout level 2. The KEY benefit for users is that they fill in their details into Google Checkout ONCE. Every shop they buy from (That offers Google checkout lev2) .. the Google system fills out the information and creates the account for them.

Sure, you can offer google like PayPal on the payment page but you wont get a Google checkout badge.

Sigh .. you still have that .. Google fills out your DB particulars for you.

Okay so you've given me some new information.

I did understand the purpose of level 2 and that's alright as long as I get ALL the customer info. And the badge doesn't do anything for me so I'm not willing to do anything or give anything up for it.

So as long as this module and google populate my customer database with all the usual information including a real complete email address and phone number and my customer does get a customer account, a welcome email, a login and password, and can login to check order status then that is fine.

But if not then this module doesn't work for me.

Is there another google checkout module that would work for me?

Okay so you've given me some new information.

I did understand the purpose of level 2 and that's alright as long as I get ALL the customer info. And the badge doesn't do anything for me so I'm not willing to do anything or give anything up for it.

So as long as this module and google populate my customer database with all the usual information including a real complete email address and phone number and my customer does get a customer account, a welcome email, a login and password, and can login to check order status then that is fine.

But if not then this module doesn't work for me.

including a real complete email address

More often than not you don't get a "real" email address with Google Checkout .. you tend to get (customers preference) a Google "spoof" email. Basically if the customer determines to keep their email private, google shows you an email created by the google system. You can still email these people and they do get the email .. but it goes via googles systems.

There is a google checkout IPN module floating about somewhere which you can use in exactly the same way as any other payment system .. showing only in the payment options.

It's been awhile since I've read the TOS, but it was absolutely in there. There is a reason why this module was designed to prevent GC from showing up as an option alongside the other payment options. It's possible they have since relaxed the requirement. The only thing I can find after a quick search is this: https://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bi...opic=&type=

Those don't come across as being required, but that is the ideal way to do it. As already mentioned above, GC does create an account in your store and you have all the customer details that you need. Having GC as a payment option after creating an account completely defeats the purpose of GC and involves additional unnecessary steps for your customers. GC is an alternative checkout process, not a payment processor.

Edited by i960

I just finished installing GCO and I am getting an error message in my checkout screen:

Warning: main(googlecheckout/library/googlecart.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ganydire/public_html/googlecheckout/gcheckout.php on line 79

I checked and have the library/googlecart.php file in the right directory. What else could this be? :huh:

Thanks Guys

Jada

The codes of the many, outweigh the codes of the few. Live long and Prosper.

I just finished installing GCO and I am getting an error message in my checkout screen:

Warning: main(googlecheckout/library/googlecart.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ganydire/public_html/googlecheckout/gcheckout.php on line 79

I checked and have the library/googlecart.php file in the right directory. What else could this be? :huh:

Thanks Guys

Anyone have any ideas about this error message. I'm pulling my hair out on this. :'(

Jada

The codes of the many, outweigh the codes of the few. Live long and Prosper.

can any one tell me if product attributes have issues with google checkout?

I have an attribute set in a product. When a customer adds the product without attribute (none) ( i.e None, red+£3.99 and blue+£4.99) google checkout is fine but if the customer adds same product with an attribute (red +£3.99) it shows in cart as another product which is correct but the shipping weight does not increase so customer is charged for 1 product's weight.

There is a new Google Checkout version posted-Jan. 16,2008. I opened every file and they all say Saved 9/27. Does anyone know what was changed? There is zero info with the new package.

yh i saw that but did not have any info on changes.

any one know why i'm getting this error in admin of OS commerce when i change google cgeckout order status "Error sending Google Archive Order, see error logs"

Edited by none_uk