• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Offical Google Checkout module for osCommerce Support Thread

Silverado05

http://www.deflixious.com

It is set for sandbox now.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I made a dummy purchase and everything went through ok, when I returned to your site, the cart was still full. You can fix that by adding my addon Empty Cart After Transaction. Now it should send an email to me with a password.

1. So now I have two issues 1) the login issue (or lack of login - issue) and 2) chokes on domestic address.-I didn't have any problems with my domestic address. I logged on with my google account.

Edited by speed777

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

500. Response body was:

Apparently, your responsehandler.php is failing. Now the question is why. troublehooter I tried to make a responsehandler tool available but it won't access my server. Its available somewhere on the google forums.

Besides the Log files within the /googlecheckout/ directory having permissions set, does the actual directory need special permissions?

Besides the Log files within the /googlecheckout/ directory having permissions set, does the actual directory need special permissions?

All directories are set at 755, all files at 644.

All directories are set at 755, all files at 644.

Ok permissions are correct.

I found the responsehandler_test.php.

Question: What do I edit within the file?

Do I add my merchant ID and Key? Or can I use my Sandbox ID and Key?

And do I enter it here:???

$header_string = "Authorization: Basic XXXXXX:XXXXXX\n";

$header_string .= "Content-Type: application/xml;charset=UTF-8\n";

$header_string .= "Accept: application/xml;charset=UTF-8\n";

Do you have a sample responsehandler_test.php I could see/use?

Edited by fostertime

Ok permissions are correct.

I found the responsehandler_test.php.

Question: What do I edit within the file?

Do I add my merchant ID and Key? Or can I use my Sandbox ID and Key?

And do I enter it here:???

$header_string = "Authorization: Basic XXXXXX:XXXXXX\n";

$header_string .= "Content-Type: application/xml;charset=UTF-8\n";

$header_string .= "Accept: application/xml;charset=UTF-8\n";

Choose the responsehandler test form tools

1. fill in your sandbox google merchant ID and Key, and the Merchant Calculation API URL.

2. fill in a request like some shopping cart code. Theres a file called shoppingcartdemo or something, just copy that.

Edited by speed777

Choose the responsehandler test form tools

1. fill in your sandbox google merchant ID and Key, and the Merchant Calculation API URL.

2. fill in a request like some shopping cart code. Theres a file called shoppingcartdemo or something, just copy that.

Gotcha.

Ok, I did all that.

What I got back was this"

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 18:24:58 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
Content-Length: 858
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
<p>The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.</p>
<p>Please contact the server administrator,
[email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred,
and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.</p>
<p>More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.</p>
<p>Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.provatostore.com Port 80</address>
</body></html>

Which is the same thing as the Google Integration Console shows...

I'm officially lost...

Would it be helpful to remove the // tags on the following within the responsehandler.php? To see what happens?

// Error handler function
// Used to handle errors and log them in the GC log files
// function ErrorHandler($errno, $errstr, $errfile, $errline){
//     global $Gresponse;
//     switch ($errno) {
//     case E_USER_ERROR:
//       $err = "USER ERROR: [$errno] $errstr\n"
//                 . "  Fatal error on line $errline in file $errfile\n"
//                 . "Process aborted\n"; 
//       $Gresponse->log->logError($err);
//       $Gresponse->SendServerErrorStatus($err);
//       break;
//     case E_USER_WARNING:
//      $err = "WARNING: [$errno] $errstr\n"
//                 . "  Error on line $errline in file $errfile\n"
//       break;
// 
//     case E_USER_NOTICE:
//       $err = "NOTICE: [$errno] $errstr\n"
//                 . "Process continues.\n";
//       break;
//     default:
//       $err = "Unknown error type: [$errno] $errstr\n"
//                 . " Error on line $errline in file $errfile\n"
//      $Gresponse->SendServerErrorStatus($err);
//       break;
//     }
// 
//    /* Don't execute PHP internal error handler */
//    return true;
//}

Would it be helpful to remove the // tags on the following within the responsehandler.php? To see what happens?

// Error handler function
// Used to handle errors and log them in the GC log files
// function ErrorHandler($errno, $errstr, $errfile, $errline){
//     global $Gresponse;
//     switch ($errno) {
//     case E_USER_ERROR:
//       $err = "USER ERROR: [$errno] $errstr\n"
//                 . "  Fatal error on line $errline in file $errfile\n"
//       break;
//     case E_USER_WARNING:
//      $err = "WARNING: [$errno] $errstr\n"
//       break;
// 
//     case E_USER_NOTICE:
//       $err = "NOTICE: [$errno] $errstr\n"
//       break;
//     default:
//       $err = "Unknown error type: [$errno] $errstr\n"
//                 . " Error on line $errline in file $errfile\n"
//      $Gresponse->SendServerErrorStatus($err);
//       break;
//     }
// 
//    /* Don't execute PHP internal error handler */
//    return true;
//}

Yes, it might be helpful.

Edited by speed777

I made a dummy purchase and everything went through ok, when I returned to your site, the cart was still full. You can fix that by adding my addon Empty Cart After Transaction. Now it should send an email to me with a password.

1. So now I have two issues 1) the login issue (or lack of login - issue) and 2) chokes on domestic address.-I didn't have any problems with my domestic address. I logged on with my google account.

Thanks for testing!

So, hmmm. 1) Were you prompted to login to the OSC site or only google? 2) Could there be anything different about the sandbox, because on production I tried a whole bunch of domestic and international tests. . . . ?

Also, when I created an account and logged in first (something a customer will almost never do) before shopping, then went through checkout with the int'l address it seemed to clear the cart okay and gave me the proper thank you page. Did you get the thank you text? Is google checkout supposed to prompt you to login to OSC like paypal does, or does it bypass it entirely by design?

Thank so much for the help and info. If you donation page, let me know.

Thanks for testing!

So, hmmm. 1) Were you prompted to login to the OSC site or only google? 2) Could there be anything different about the sandbox, because on production I tried a whole bunch of domestic and international tests. . . . ?

Also, when I created an account and logged in first (something a customer will almost never do) before shopping, then went through checkout with the int'l address it seemed to clear the cart okay and gave me the proper thank you page. Did you get the thank you text? Is google checkout supposed to prompt you to login to OSC like paypal does, or does it bypass it entirely by design?

Thank so much for the help and info. If you donation page, let me know.

When i clicked the google icon, I was prompted to login to my google account, I did and it got the shipping charges as it should. I didn't get the thank you text. When I clicked on the return link, I was taken to your site but the cart was still full, it didn't go to checkout_success.php. Google checkout is supposed to bypass OSC by design but it returns the customer once the transaction is completed to your site using either checkout_success.php or gc_return.php. I'm thinking about a donation page, as much time as I spend on google checkout.

I would contact google support and tell them that you're getting a 500 error. google support

Would it cause a problem if there was an .htaccess file in the /googlecheckout/ directory with these parameters:

<Files *.log>

Order Deny,Allow

Deny from all

Allow from localhost

</Files>

Would it cause a problem if there was an .htaccess file in the /googlecheckout/ directory with these parameters:

<Files *.log>

Order Deny,Allow

Deny from all

Allow from localhost

</Files>

This is actually in the /googlecheckout/logs/ directory not the /googlecheckout/ directory

Here is something interesting...

I put the responsehandler_test.php in the catalog/googlecheckout/ directory ... and when I try and access it, I get an Internal Server Error Message.

When I put the responsehandler_test.php in the /catalog/ directory ... it works fine.

Does anyone know if they have any specific settings within the /googlecheckout/.htaccess file?

<Files *.log>

Order Deny,Allow

Deny from all

Allow from localhost

</Files>

I don't have that in mine, there is an .htaccess generator on the tools link I posted. Try making a new htaccess file.

Edited by speed777

When i clicked the google icon, I was prompted to login to my google account, I did and it got the shipping charges as it should. I didn't get the thank you text. When I clicked on the return link, I was taken to your site but the cart was still full, it didn't go to checkout_success.php. Google checkout is supposed to bypass OSC by design but it returns the customer once the transaction is completed to your site using either checkout_success.php or gc_return.php. I'm thinking about a donation page, as much time as I spend on google checkout.

So the answer is to install your mod you mentioned and switch it back to production? Will that give the thank you text or simply empty the cart?

So when customers use google checkout they bypass registration and login on the site by design . . .interesting. I was confused by this since it seemed to work normally if you log in first. Led me to believe a step was being skipped . . . but i will take your word for it. :)

I don't have that in mine, there is an .htaccess generator on the tools link I posted. Why don't you try to remove the htaccess file in the google directory and see if it makes a difference.

my /googlecheckout/.htaccess contains: (should there be anything else?)

<<<Start---

AuthName "Google checkout Basic Authentication"

AuthType Basic

AuthUserFile /path/to/.htpasswds

require valid-user

---End>>>

my googlecheckout/logs/.htaccess contains:

<Files *.log>

Order Deny,Allow

Deny from all

Allow from localhost

</Files>

So the answer is to install your mod you mentioned and switch it back to production? Will that give the thank you text or simply empty the cart?

So when customers use google checkout they bypass registration and login on the site by design . . .interesting. I was confused by this since it seemed to work normally if you log in first. Led me to believe a step was being skipped . . . but i will take your word for it. :)

I tested my addon Empty Cart After Transaction with checkout_success.php in the Continue shopping URL and it gave the thank you message along with the item ordered info. When the user signs up for a google account, he/she gives their email address. This is then transfered to OSC when they checkout, thats how a new account is created in OSC automatically without the merchant having to entice the customer into creating one for himself.

Spoke too soon it seems. We are not out of the woods yet. The rate you got was default shipping. That was not calculated. The reason is I forgot to configure the htpswd with the sandbox credentials. I will do that and see what happens then . . currently it is erroring in integration console.

P

Update: Added htpaswd with sandbox credentials. Now integration console errors dissapear and the dreaded "You do not currently have any valid shipping methods." reappears. I wasted a troubleshooting step by forgetting to change this when I set to sandbox. Sorry about that. Let me know if you have any ideas. I have been working on this all night and it is morning here. I better try and get a few hours sleep. I will check back in a few hours and continue troubleshooting.

Thanks for the explaination of the intended behavior by the way, that really helps.

Edited by pdv

my /googlecheckout/.htaccess contains: (should there be anything else?)

<<<Start---

AuthName "Google checkout Basic Authentication"

AuthType Basic

AuthUserFile /path/to/.htpasswds

require valid-user

---End>>>

my googlecheckout/logs/.htaccess contains:

<Files *.log>

Order Deny,Allow

Deny from all

Allow from localhost

</Files>

1. AuthUserFile /path/to/.htpasswds-Fill out the paths and try it. remember to include quote marks at either end. (e.g. AuthUserFile "/home/..."

Edited by speed777

1. AuthUserFile /path/to/.htpasswds-Fill out the paths and try it. remember to include quote marks at either end.

It's in there. I just changed it to that for the post.

What could it mean if I am getting an Internal Server Error even when trying to view:

http://www.provatostore.com/home/googleche...logs/index.html

It seems to me, like there is an issue with any directory or file under /googlecheckout/

It's in there. I just changed it to that for the post.

What could it mean if I am getting an Internal Server Error even when trying to view:

http://www.provatostore.com/home/googleche...logs/index.html

It seems to me, like there is an issue with any directory or file under /googlecheckout/

To check that, copy this code:

<?php

echo "Hello world!";

?>

Put it in a file and name it: hello_world.php. Upload it to your google checkout directory and then point your browser towards it. You should have a blank screen with the words Hello World!.

To check that, copy this code:

<?php

echo "Hello world!";

?>

Put it in a file and name it: hello_world.php. Upload it to your google checkout directory and then point your browser towards it. You should have a blank screen with the words Hello World!.

Nope, it's in there: http://www.provatostore.com/home/googleche...hello_world.php