• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Offical Google Checkout module for osCommerce Support Thread

Silverado05

Well, I got it fixed...

Not sure why this is... But I edited catalog/googlecheckout/library/googlecart.php by changing the size of the google checkout image used to "small" instead of "large"...

Once I made this change and uploaded the new file. The small Google Checkout icon appeared!

Strange, and it bugs me that I didn't figure out why it was displaying that Buy Now button.

BUT ALL IS WELL! ALL IS WORKING! Thank you VERY much so Speed777! You are da'man!

Google checkout is sometimes hard to get the bugs worked out but once you do it works like a champ.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how i can integrate the google checkout button into the shopping cart box?

I was thinking along the lines of this, but it didnt work.

$cart_show_string .= '<tr><td>' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '7') . '</td></tr><tr><td align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_checkout2.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT) . '</a><br></td></tr>';  

ob_start();
  include_once('googlecheckout/gcheckout.php');
  $cart_show_string .= ob_get_contents();
  ob_end_clean();
}

Edited by Jonojamesmac

hi to all members..

I have installed the Google Checkout Module Manually, and got the following error when completed and trying to access the Admin site:

Warning: googlecheckout::require_once(/home/content/t/r/a/tradinghub1/html//includes/languages//modules/payment/googlecheckout.php) [function.googlecheckout-require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/t/r/a/tradinghub1/html/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 50

Fatal error: googlecheckout::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/t/r/a/tradinghub1/html//includes/languages//modules/payment/googlecheckout.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/t/r/a/tradinghub1/html/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 50

I tried so many things but still getting the error ..can anyone can help me???

hi to all members..

I have installed the Google Checkout Module Manually, and got the following error when completed and trying to access the Admin site:

Warning: googlecheckout::require_once(/home/content/t/r/a/tradinghub1/html//includes/languages//modules/payment/googlecheckout.php) [function.googlecheckout-require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/t/r/a/tradinghub1/html/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 50

Fatal error: googlecheckout::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/t/r/a/tradinghub1/html//includes/languages//modules/payment/googlecheckout.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/t/r/a/tradinghub1/html/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 50

I tried so many things but still getting the error ..can anyone can help me???

Make sure you have the correct googlecheckout.php in the payment directory.

If you do, then I personally would go back though the installation instructions and make sure there is nothing that was missed. I had this same issue, however the only thing that fixed it was a complete re-install.

Also, to get your admin site, at least working temporarily, you can edit line 50 of the googlecheckout.php in question, and add "english" in place of the . $language . tag on that line.

Make sure you have the correct googlecheckout.php in the payment directory.

If you do, then I personally would go back though the installation instructions and make sure there is nothing that was missed. I had this same issue, however the only thing that fixed it was a complete re-install.

Also, to get your admin site, at least working temporarily, you can edit line 50 of the googlecheckout.php in question, and add "english" in place of the . $language . tag on that line.

I did that as well but again i was getting same error that u were getting it..after doing this thing...

Aslo how to reinstall it..as i think there must be some change in sql database as well..so how can i remove that change...

I did that as well but again i was getting same error that u were getting it..after doing this thing...

Aslo how to reinstall it..as i think there must be some change in sql database as well..so how can i remove that change...

Don't worry about changing the SQL database. Just go through the installation instructions again, and double check to make sure everything is done properly.

What version of the Google Checkout are you using? Do you have any other modules installed? Are you using a template?

Don't worry about changing the SQL database. Just go through the installation instructions again, and double check to make sure everything is done properly.

What version of the Google Checkout are you using? Do you have any other modules installed? Are you using a template?

Hi Friend ..may i got what was my mistake...

i need to follow this directory structure...

1. Copy the following new files into your existing system, preserving the file structure:

<osc-directory>/

install.bat

README.txt

tools/

<osc-directory>/catalog/

gc_return.php

googlecheckout/

<osc-directory>/catalog/admin/

htaccess.php

<osc-directory>/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/

googlecheckout.php

<osc-directory>/catalog/includes/languages/espanol/modules/payment/

googlecheckout.php

<osc-directory>/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/payment/

googlecheckout.php

<osc-directory>/catalog/includes/modules/payment/

googlecheckout.php2.

But i have installed oscommerce in root directory so i dont have catalog folder..

SO for me where to upload ??

install.bat

README.txt

tools/

anyone knows this??

But i have installed oscommerce in root directory so i dont have catalog folder..

SO for me where to upload ??

install.bat

README.txt

tools/

anyone knows this??

Thats ok, you just need to put these files in the root directory of the store. Doesn't matter if you don't have "catalog".

but then where to place

<osc-directory>/catalog/

gc_return.php

googlecheckout/

as i dont have catalog folder..

Since you are not using a catalog folder, the catalog folder is now the root folder. So place everything that goes in catalog, in your store root directory.

Since you are not using a catalog folder, the catalog folder is now the root folder. So place everything that goes in catalog, in your store root directory.

So it means all these file will come in same folder..

<osc-directory>/

install.bat

README.txt

tools/

gc_return.php

googlecheckout/

and that is root folder.. r you sure it will work?? as in that case file structure has not been preserved ..

thanks...

So it means all these file will come in same folder..

<osc-directory>/

install.bat

README.txt

tools/

gc_return.php

googlecheckout/

and that is root folder.. r you sure it will work?? as in that case file structure has not been preserved ..

thanks...

Yes, just put those files and directories within your OSC root directory.

QUESTION: Is there a way to force Customers to either login, or signup before being able to checkout with Google Checkout? Google Checkout is our sole payment option.

ISSUE: Currently, even when a customer creates an account in my store, adds products to the cart, and checks-out with Google. The order is not placed within the Admin. However, when they return to my site, it does give the SUCCESS screen (if they are logged in).

NOTES:

1. All session's within the Configuration/Sessions is set to false.

2. No options are selected within the Integration section of Google Checkout.

3. The orders are working properly within Google Checkout.

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

QUESTION: Is there a way to force Customers to either login, or signup before being able to checkout with Google Checkout? Google Checkout is our sole payment option.

ISSUE: Currently, even when a customer creates an account in my store, adds products to the cart, and checks-out with Google. The order is not placed within the Admin. However, when they return to my site, it does give the SUCCESS screen (if they are logged in).

NOTES:

Thank you in advance for any assistance![/quote

1. All session's within the Configuration/Sessions is set to false. - Apparently, something is still conflicting with the responsehandler. I'll have to think about that one. Are you getting any error messages in the server error log & your Google integration error log? The googlecheckout error log may not record it, if its not even getting in the Admin. When you changed the google icon to small, did you move the "default:"? Or how did you do that?

Edited by speed777

1. All session's within the Configuration/Sessions is set to false. - Apparently, something is still conflicting with the responsehandler. I'll have to think about that one. Are you getting any error messages in the server error log & your Google integration error log? The googlecheckout error log may not record it, if its not even getting in the Admin. When you changed the google icon to small, did you move the "default:"? Or how did you do that?

No errors in the Google Checkout Logs. They are both empty.

Server Error Log shows this:

[09-Mar-2009 08:52:19] PHP Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/sites/public_html/provatostore/home/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

When I changed the Google Checkout icon to small, all i changed was 'large' to 'small' no other code was touched.

Edited by fostertime

I can help with some things related to google checkout but you're going to have to go to Shipping Modules and ask there for help on the USPS part. I'm not familiar with USPS.

2) Google not posting back to oscommerce.- Set your Configuration/Sessions all to false for testing purposes now. Some conflict with googlecheckout and don't allow posting back to oscommerce.

3) Continue shopping which is set for checkout_success.php worked, but OSC just dumped me to the empty cart. No thank you page, etc.?-Add the contribution that I made called Empty Cart After Transaction.

Thank you for your reply. I will post in shipping as you said regarding the first issue. Regarding the second issue, google is still notifying me that it is not able to post the transaction back to OSC. The error in the inegration area is as follows:

We encountered an error trying to access your server at https://www.deflixious.com/googlecheckout/r...onsehandler.php -- the error we got is Send failed with code: 401. Response body was: Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers

Could you share a little more detail about Configure/Sessions? Where do I set this? Thanks

Thanks for the tip about your mod. I will have a look and install it.

Edited by pdv

No errors in the Google Checkout Logs. They are both empty.

Server Error Log shows this:

[09-Mar-2009 08:52:19] PHP Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/sites/public_html/provatostore/home/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

When I changed the Google Checkout icon to small, all i changed was 'large' to 'small' no other code was touched.

What do you see in object_info.php on line 18?

What do you see in object_info.php on line 18?

I was just looking at that.

// class constructor
   function objectInfo($object_array) {
     reset($object_array);
     while (list($key, $value) = each($object_array)) {
       $this->$key = tep_db_prepare_input($value);
     }
   }
 }

Line 18 is the "while (list($key, $value) = each($object_array)) {"

I don't think this error has anything to do with Checkout though...

Thank you for your reply. I will post in shipping as you said regarding the first issue. Regarding the second issue, google is still notifying me that it is not able to post the transaction back to OSC. The error in the inegration area is as follows:

We encountered an error trying to access your server at https://www.deflixious.com/googlecheckout/r...onsehandler.php -- the error we got is Send failed with code: 401. Response body was: Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers

Could you share a little more detail about Configure/Sessions? Where do I set this? Thanks

Thanks for the tip about your mod. I will have a look and install it.

1.Failed to get basic authentication headers

2.Could you share a little more detail about Configure/Sessions? Where do I set this?- You need to have sessions for a customer to buy a product. You set it in the OSCommerce Administration panel under Configuration. Also you can find information at the google forum.

Edited by speed777

NOTES:

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

I'm thinking the issue of sending the information back may be that it does not work effectively within the Sandbox. Reason being, sending the information back to OSC is currently not secure. Google may be attempting to do this only via an SSL secured transaction. Just a thought, I could be completely wrong...

Regarding the issue of requiring a login/signup before checking out, does anyone know if that is possible?

Edited by fostertime

I'm thinking the issue of sending the information back may be that it does not work effectively within the Sandbox. Reason being, sending the information back to OSC is currently not secure. Google may be attempting to do this only via an SSL secured transaction. Just a thought, I could be completely wrong...

Regarding the issue of requiring a login/signup before checking out, does anyone know if that is possible?

Sandbox works with both secured and unsecured transactions, post your config files leaving out the important info like database passwords, maybe its a cookies issue. When you get the module to work, you will see that customer accounts are created automatically in OSC Admin when they checkout using google checkout.

Edited by speed777

1.Failed to get basic authentication headers

2.Could you share a little more detail about Configure/Sessions? Where do I set this?- You need to have sessions for a customer to buy a product. You set it in the OSCommerce Administration panel under Configuration. Also you can find information at the google forum.

Thanks again for posting. Here is what I did:

1) I read that set of posts. My implementation is definitely CGI. I configured .htaccess already but turned off that setting when it id did not work correctly with that setting either and I found the description language in the admin panel somewhat ambiguous. So after reading the posts, I commented out the $Gresponse-HttpAuthentication(); code and turned .httaccess TRUE setting back on in the admin panel.

2) The only one that was TRUE was one that was to block spiders. I changed it to FALSE. Could no find the references in the google forum.

3) Took a look at the mod you recommended. This seems to be to empty the cart when the continue shopping URL is gc_return.php. Mine is set to checkout_success.php, and the cart empties okay, I think. The problem is that it shows the empty cart instead of the Thank You text, etc.

Thanks again for your time.

Sandbox works with both secured and unsecured transactions, post your config files leaving out the important info like database passwords, maybe its a cookies issue. When you get the module to work, you will see that customer accounts are created automatically in OSC Admin when they checkout using google checkout.

Ahh, so they are created automatically... Yeah, that will be nice to see that working...

Ok, here is my configure.php. What other files would be helpful to see?

<?php
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.provatostore.com');
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.provatostore.com');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.provatostore.com');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/sites/public_html/provatostore/home/');
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/home/admin/');
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/sites/public_html/provatostore/home/admin/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/home/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/sites/public_html/provatostore/home/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

define('DB_SERVER', '*****');
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '*****');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '*****');
 define('DB_DATABASE', '*****');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');
?>

Ahh, so they are created automatically... Yeah, that will be nice to see that working...

Ok, here is my configure.php. What other files would be helpful to see?

<?php
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.provatostore.com');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.provatostore.com');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/sites/public_html/provatostore/home/');
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/home/admin/');
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/sites/public_html/provatostore/home/admin/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/home/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/sites/public_html/provatostore/home/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

define('DB_SERVER', '*****');
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '*****');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '*****');
 define('DB_DATABASE', '*****');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');
?>

Your /public_html/includes/configure.php file.

Your /public_html/includes/configure.php file.

OK, here is my /public_html/provatostore/home/includes/configure.php (home is actually the catalog directory)

<?php
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'http://www.provatostore.com');
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false);
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.provatostore.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.provatostore.com');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/home/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/home/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/home/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/home/');