• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Offical Google Checkout module for osCommerce Support Thread

Silverado05

Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the "-Or use -" from the google checkout button?

I only want to use google checkout as a payment option so having Or use google checkout is a little redundant.

I'd be grateful if anyone knows how ..

Many thanks

Steve

I figured it out for anyone who is interested.

catalog/includes/languaguages/english/shopping_cart.php

define('TEXT_ALTERNATIVE_CHECKOUT_METHODS', '- Or use -');

just remove it from there :)

thanks anyhow ... also i saw someone on here had a problem when they hit the google checkout button it just seems to refresh the page .. anyone else had this problem?

Many thanks

Edited by steve_spaces

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all, i hope to god someone can help me on this one.

I have a high-profile site going live asap with Google Checkout as its only checkout method (thus bypassing the normal osc checkout procedure), this is now working in the sandbox etc.

However I have 1 last problem, the site in question is a clothing site, that offers products with many different attributes (colour, size etc) now then, the excellent contrib. here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3302 allows me to assign a stock count to each attribute option, however this will fall over as soon as a product gets a 2nd attribute as it won't be clever enough to handle the different combinations. There is a way round this , I will just have to create attribute options merging size and colour, that way, it's all in one list and i can accurately stock count it.

Now for the real problem, the afore mentioned contrib here http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3302 only deducts stock on the attributes when the user goes through checkout_process.php, which in my case is pointless as Google checkout bypasses checkout_process.php and uses the logic in googlecheckout/responsehandler.php instead.

Now then, am I correct in thinking that googlecheckout/responsehandler.php creates orders in osc by creating a cart, populating it and checking it out? if so, can the contrib modifications be merged into responsehandler.php to deduct the relevant quantities from the attributes?

Has anyone tried this before? if so can you point me in the right direction.

Many Many Thanks in advance!

Regards

HeavenCore

Came on here for some help but with 39 pages worth and over 700 posts its pretty obvious what I should do - scrap the damn thing :lol:

I take my hat off to anybody who puts in the time and effort to do a contribution for the benefit of all .... but I wish they would put in less effort with the flash and more into the working .... its a shame because this had promise but I don't think this particular contribution will ever be reliable in a UK shop will it?

Hi there everyone!

OK - so I've spent about 3 days trawling through the message boards here and on the Google checkout for osCommerce forums sites and I've found out some useful info about my problem, but haven't found the solution.

Problem : I can post my shipping methods to Google and it will show all the shipping methods I've posted, but it will only show 0 as the total no matter what I do.

Also in my admin section for GoogleCheckout it states under the default shipping values for real time shipping - no merchant shipping method selected.

Not sure what else I can do.

Has anyone definitively solved the 0 shipping cost problem yet?

I'm using the standard table.php for the shipping, have used the shipping methods generator, installed perfectly by the readme file..

Still getting 0 as a shipping price.

Am totally stumped!

Thanks!

Edited by loginid

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

I have been fighting this issue for a day or so now. So I thought I would jump on here and ask you professionals!

I installed the Google Checkout Module Manually, and got the following error when completed and trying to access the Admin site:

Warning: require_once(/home/webs/public_html/store/includes/languages//modules/payment/googlecheckout.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/webs/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 50

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/webs/public_html/store/includes/languages//modules/payment/googlecheckout.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/webs/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 50

I then changed line 50 of the googlecheckout.php file in question to:

Before: require_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/' . $language . '/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php');

After: require_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/english/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php');

So then the Admin Site would then come up. However, now I am getting the following error when viewing the modules section, and cannot access or see Google Checkout.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class googlecheckout in /home/webs/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 31

I will say this. After completing the install of the Module, and logging into the Admin site, there were no errors. The errors only began once I clicked "install" on the GoogleCheckout option within the payment modules section. Since then, I have not been able to see the entire list of payment modules.

ANY HELP... Would be more than appreciated!

Thanks. Chris

Check in admin/includes/functions/general.php for this line:

// perhaps this function must be moved to googlecheckout class, is not too general

function gc_cfg_select_shipping($select_array, $key_value, $key = '') {

It should be line 880 or so.

I am getting this same error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function gc_cfg_select_shipping() in /home/sanvitos/public_html/provatostore/admin/modules.php(212) : eval()'d code on line 1

I checked that line and it is present. Should I be changing it? Or moving it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks. Chris

Edited by fostertime

Greetings,

I have been fighting this issue for a day or so now. So I thought I would jump on here and ask you professionals!

I installed the Google Checkout Module Manually, and got the following error when completed and trying to access the Admin site:

Warning: require_once(/home/webs/public_html/store/includes/languages//modules/payment/googlecheckout.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/webs/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 50

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/webs/public_html/store/includes/languages//modules/payment/googlecheckout.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/webs/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 50

I then changed line 50 of the googlecheckout.php file in question to:

Before: require_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/' . $language . '/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php');

After: require_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/english/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php');

So then the Admin Site would then come up. However, now I am getting the following error when viewing the modules section, and cannot access or see Google Checkout.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class googlecheckout in /home/webs/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 31

I will say this. After completing the install of the Module, and logging into the Admin site, there were no errors. The errors only began once I clicked "install" on the GoogleCheckout option within the payment modules section. Since then, I have not been able to see the entire list of payment modules.

ANY HELP... Would be more than appreciated!

Thanks. Chris

THIS WAS RESOLVED! THANK YOU!

I am getting this same error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function gc_cfg_select_shipping() in /home/sanvitos/public_html/provatostore/admin/modules.php(212) : eval()'d code on line 1

I checked that line and it is present. Should I be changing it? Or moving it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks. Chris

[/quote

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1363579

I'd also like to know the same.

If you read the terms of service, you will find out that is illegal. Googlecheckout has to be separate from other payment forms.

Edited by speed777

Thank you Louis! I completely missed that!

I am now not getting any errors... But... (you knew this was coming)

I have setup everything correctly (that I am aware of) for the Sandbox settings. However, now when I create an order everything seems to be working, until I get to the payment section (it is displaying that GoogleCheckout is the only option) but nothing happens. It goes to the confirmation and never brings up Google Checkout, and no orders are stored in either OSC or Google Checkout (sandbox)....

Any ideas?

I have just installed the google checkout module and all seems fine except for one thing. I would like to provide a shipping option which is in-store pickup (no shipping charges). There is a module within oscommerce which does this, but it doesn't seem to be an option within google checkout.

I'm not aware of any module that does that, you could modify a free shipping module, I suppose.

Thank you Louis! I completely missed that!

I am now not getting any errors... But... (you knew this was coming)

I have setup everything correctly (that I am aware of) for the Sandbox settings. However, now when I create an order everything seems to be working, until I get to the payment section (it is displaying that GoogleCheckout is the only option) but nothing happens. It goes to the confirmation and never brings up Google Checkout, and no orders are stored in either OSC or Google Checkout (sandbox)....

Any ideas?

Whats the web address of your store?

Hi there everyone!

OK - so I've spent about 3 days trawling through the message boards here and on the Google checkout for osCommerce forums sites and I've found out some useful info about my problem, but haven't found the solution.

Problem : I can post my shipping methods to Google and it will show all the shipping methods I've posted, but it will only show 0 as the total no matter what I do.

Also in my admin section for GoogleCheckout it states under the default shipping values for real time shipping - no merchant shipping method selected.

Not sure what else I can do.

Has anyone definitively solved the 0 shipping cost problem yet?

I'm using the standard table.php for the shipping, have used the shipping methods generator, installed perfectly by the readme file..

Still getting 0 as a shipping price.

Am totally stumped!

Thanks!

As far as I know, you can only use flat rate shipping not standard, try that.

I'm having a similar problem to Nick Sekela with orders not coming back into OSC. I have tried running /googlecheckout/responsehandler.php directly but it keeps prompting me for a username and password. Any idea why this may be?

You don't have htaccess permissions set up right.

You don't have a Google Checkout icon on your shopping_cart.php, add one somewhere on the page.

Ok, I now have a Google Check Icon...

But, it doesn't do anything when you click on it?

I would like to use Google Checkout as my sole payment option, so if I use your Google Checkout as Sole Payment method add-on, if I replace my shopping_cart.php, will it blow out my design? (sorry, novice at OSC here)

Ok, I now have a Google Check Icon...

But, it doesn't do anything when you click on it?

I would like to use Google Checkout as my sole payment option, so if I use your Google Checkout as Sole Payment method add-on, if I replace my shopping_cart.php, will it blow out my design? (sorry, novice at OSC here)

Where you place the code is important, the button will not work inside tables, I think. Move the code outside of the table. As for the design, I don't think it will matter but first backup the files to make sure. You may have to use a program like Winmerge, if you're not already. Nice design by the way.

hi,

I have managed to install the Level 2 contribution of Google Checkout. I have been through the instructions and made all the required amendments, but I seem to have an issue in the admin section where Google Checkout is not listed in Payment Modules. Where have I gone wrong?

Please could somebody help.

Thanks in advance.

Is googlecheckout.php listed in includes/modules/payment?

Where you place the code is important, the button will not work inside tables, I think. Move the code outside of the table. As for the design, I don't think it will matter but first backup the files to make sure. You may have to use a program like Winmerge, if you're not already. Nice design by the way.

Yep. I had the code nested within a <FORM> tag. Once I fixed that. It worked fine.

Thank you for the help! It is beyond appreciated!

You don't have htaccess permissions set up right.

I am a bit confused with this as well. When I try and access: http://<url-site-url>/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php

I get prompted for:

A username and password are being requested by http://<url-site-url>. The site says: "Google checkout Basic Authentication"

I have setup the .htaccess file with the correct Sandbox ID and Merch Key.

I am a bit confused with this as well. When I try and access: http://<url-sox ite-url>/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php

I get prompted for:

A username and password are being requested by http://<url-site-url>. The site says: "Google checkout Basic Authentication"

I have setup the .htaccess file with the correct Sandbox ID and Merch Key.

You have to enter your Sandbox Merchant ID & Sandbox Merchant Key in the googlecheckout module, as well the Production Merchant ID & Production Key, then you set up an .htpasswd file with the same ID's. If you don't know how to do this, go to your server panel and choose 'Password Protect Directories'. Enter the same information as in the googlecheckout module using the merchant & sandbox ID's as the usernames and the Keys as the passwords. You want to make sure that not accessible to the public too, not in your google checkout folder. If you set it up in your server panel, this will be done automatically for you.

Edited by speed777