• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Offical Google Checkout module for osCommerce Support Thread

Silverado05

No need to post new code, just use the google version off the google server as I discussed many posts before... If you cannot get it to work then I would suggest you contact google like I said before and explain your specific problems, then post your solutions in the forum so it benefits everyone instead of sitting on your lazy ass and complaining. Also FYI last I knew google checkout only works for the US, and your profile says you are from the UK, that might be part of your problem but you didn't take the time to read the directions so you wouldn't know that...

Hi

1, what is "FYI"?

2, "google checkout only works for the US"? google chechout is offered to the uk. or do you mean this mod is not for the UK?

and for my GC mod "not working" it is 90% working orders go to GC but with no errors orders do not come back from GC unless I use HTTP in test mod and all workes then but as live need HTTPS and it is not my SSL GC have ok that and there is no errors at GC admin?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also "then post your solutions in the forum so it benefits everyone" see my offer if you do not think this would help everyone then you need to think before you post not good things about us? (just to let you no I have spent all this weekend helping others on this forum without sleep. so I am not "instead of sitting on your lazy ass and complaining")

I have installed this module and like so many others I can process the orders through Google and it works perfectly, however no information is getting passed back to into the OSC Admin Screen.

Currently I am only testing using the Google Sandbox checkout - Does this have an implication? If I switch to live would it work?

If I look at the Sandbox Google Integration Console I get the following error message:

We encountered an error trying to access your server at http://www.stimul8health.co.uk/googlecheck...nsehandler.php; the error we got is: Send failed with code: 500. Response body was: Shopping cart not obtained from session.

I've had a look through this thread and can't really see a finalised solution to the lack of communication between google and OSC - Have I missed something in this thread and if so can someone please point me to the right posting.

Also if I go to the following Url (obviously changing the your site url) I get asked for a username and password

http://<url-site-url>/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php

Should that happen because in the Read Me it only mentions that if I get a 'Invalid or not supported Message', go to the next section.

Can someone please help me or point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

nate

I have installed this module and like so many others I can process the orders through Google and it works perfectly, however no information is getting passed back to into the OSC Admin Screen.

Currently I am only testing using the Google Sandbox checkout - Does this have an implication? If I switch to live would it work?

If I look at the Sandbox Google Integration Console I get the following error message:

We encountered an error trying to access your server at http://www.stimul8health.co.uk/googlecheck...nsehandler.php; the error we got is: Send failed with code: 500. Response body was: Shopping cart not obtained from session.

I've had a look through this thread and can't really see a finalised solution to the lack of communication between google and OSC - Have I missed something in this thread and if so can someone please point me to the right posting.

Also if I go to the following Url (obviously changing the your site url) I get asked for a username and password

http://<url-site-url>/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php

Should that happen because in the Read Me it only mentions that if I get a 'Invalid or not supported Message', go to the next section.

Can someone please help me or point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

nate

1) "I have installed this module and like so many others I can process the orders through Google and it works perfectly, however no information is getting passed back to into the OSC Admin Screen." this is why I posted my offer above so we then hade not only a working code but a working demo site then others could ftp and copy the code? but it need someone with a working GC to help us all out?

2)"I get asked for a username and password

http://<url-site-url>/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php" the username = Sandbox Merchant ID and password = Sandbox Merchant Key if in sandox or Production Merchant ID & Production Merchant Key if in live .

1) "I have installed this module and like so many others I can process the orders through Google and it works perfectly, however no information is getting passed back to into the OSC Admin Screen." this is why I posted my offer above so we then hade not only a working code but a working demo site then others could ftp and copy the code? but it need someone with a working GC to help us all out?

2)"I get asked for a username and password

http://<url-site-url>/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php" the username = Sandbox Merchant ID and password = Sandbox Merchant Key if in sandox or Production Merchant ID & Production Merchant Key if in live .

Cheers Simon.

I had followed all the instructions in the read me and installation file and I was having the same problems it seems as everyone else - the orders would be taken by google but not added to the OSC admin system.

I got the usual errors in the GC console - invalid or not supported message etc

But, I have just revisited the contribution page and found the some SQL I hadn't added to the database (See end of post) and then placed another order through the sandbox checkout - and it worked. The order was added to my orders screen in OSC. I think I did actually dance a little jig when it appeared.

I somehow managed to miss this bit originally, but it does seem like a lot of us have the same issue and I can't imagine that it was just me who forgot to update their DB following code (though it is possible).

Anyway, incase you haven't tried this I hope it helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `google_orders` (

`orders_id` int(11) default NULL,

`google_order_number` bigint(20) default NULL,

`order_amount` decimal(15,4) default NULL

) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `google_checkout_logs` (

`google_checkout_logs_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

`message_type` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

`msg_time` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',

`google_order_id` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

`xml` text NOT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (`google_checkout_logs_id`),

KEY `orders_id` (`orders_id`),

KEY `google_order_id` (`google_order_id`)

) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=2 ;

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `google_checkout` (

`customers_id` int(11) default NULL,

`buyer_id` bigint(20) default NULL

Hi

we must of been working on this at the same time.

I have also got it working with:

Force Cookie Use = True (ie not showing the ?osCsid= in the url)

I will to night do a demo site with RC2 if you all think it may help?

I had followed all the instructions in the read me and installation file and I was having the same problems it seems as everyone else - the orders would be taken by google but not added to the OSC admin system.

I got the usual errors in the GC console - invalid or not supported message etc

But, I have just revisited the contribution page and found the some SQL I hadn't added to the database (See end of post) and then placed another order through the sandbox checkout - and it worked. The order was added to my orders screen in OSC. I think I did actually dance a little jig when it appeared.

I somehow managed to miss this bit originally, but it does seem like a lot of us have the same issue and I can't imagine that it was just me who forgot to update their DB following code (though it is possible).

Anyway, incase you haven't tried this I hope it helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `google_orders` (

`google_order_number` bigint(20) default NULL,

`order_amount` decimal(15,4) default NULL

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `google_checkout_logs` (

`google_checkout_logs_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

`message_type` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

`msg_time` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',

`google_order_id` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

`xml` text NOT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (`google_checkout_logs_id`),

KEY `orders_id` (`orders_id`),

KEY `google_order_id` (`google_order_id`)

) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=2 ;

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `google_checkout` (

`customers_id` int(11) default NULL,

`buyer_id` bigint(20) default NULL

Hi

I had update my DB with this and it still was not working.

untill I did this:

Looks like there is another potential solution to the problem I was having. I found it in the Google Groups, but the thread title was highly misleading. It was suggested over there that you could redefine the Prevent Spider Sessions setting for responsehandler.php only. Here's a quote of what was said over there:

Ropu responded by saying that would throw up a warning, and suggested adding this to prevent the warning from appearing:

error_reporting(0);

I haven't tested this yet, but I do have an observation. From looking at the code, it's quite obvious that the "Prevent Spider Sessions" option has no effect whatsoever on Google Checkout, as long as 'google checkout notification agent 1.0' is not in your spiders.txt file. In fact, if you have "Force Cookie Use" set to TRUE, then the code behind "Prevent Spider Sessions" doesn't even run. Up to this point the real solution to getting GC to work is to set "Force Cookie Use" to FALSE, but that is a terrible solution for many reasons. That option should always be set to TRUE if possible. So the solution is to set it to FALSE only in responsehandler.php. That can be done just the same as was suggested for "Prevent Spider Sessions", like this:

1.) Open up resonsehandler.php

2.) Search for error_reporting(E_ALL); and change it to error_reporting(0);

3.) Search for define('MODULE_PAYMENT_GOOGLECHECKOUT_MULTISOCKET', 'False');

4.) Immediately below it add this: define('SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE', 'False');

I have not tested this at all, but it appears to be a better solution than what I came up with, because it does not rely on knowing what the user agent is for Google Checkout. The only thing that should ever be connecting to responsehandler.php is Google Checkout, so there are no worries about starting a session for a search spider or anything like that. In fact, if you have it properly password protected via .htaccess, nothing else can get to it. I will test this out to see if it works. If so, then I will recommend using this solution instead of my previous one.

then it all worked for me

Edited by West One Hosting

I am having an issue where google checkout (normal, not ipn) will not subtract the products stock when using qtpro. I am not sure why this is happening. Can someone point me in the right direction for clearing this up?

Guys my GCO has been working fine for months but recently its showing the £1 shipping instead of calculating.

I get this error in console Error parsing XML; message from parser is: The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>: Cannot redeclare class rmfirst in <b>/home2/smoothzo/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/rmfirst.php</b> on line <b>8</b><br />

I have not touched it the install and it used to work fine before.

I have tested it and when i try it works but when customers order it showing £1 for shipping, its happened in the last 4 orders using google checkout.

some one help me or advise me why this is randomly happening now?

thanks

Guys my GCO has been working fine for months but recently its showing the £1 shipping instead of calculating.

I get this error in console Error parsing XML; message from parser is: The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>: Cannot redeclare class rmfirst in <b>/home2/smoothzo/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/rmfirst.php</b> on line <b>8</b><br />

I have not touched it the install and it used to work fine before.

I have tested it and when i try it works but when customers order it showing £1 for shipping, its happened in the last 4 orders using google checkout.

some one help me or advise me why this is randomly happening now?

thanks

I am by no means a google checkout expert, just experienced in my own errors. It is probably something messed up in your shipping file. Since you havent touched it.

Try this, uninstall google checkout in your admin (remember to have all the info in there saved somewhere -copy and paste it all into notepad so you can quickly add it back in). Analyze and optimize your database. Run the shipping generator again (http://www.YOURSITE.com/googlecheckout/shipping_generator/shipping_method_generator.php) copy and paste that code into googlecheckout/shipping_methods.php. Reinstall google checkout.

I have no idea if that will help, but if you havent changed any files it may. At least its a starting point.

I can also give this one piece of advice to all since I've done this repeatedly. Watch what you add to the spiders.txt (in the includes) you might break google checkout. Always check to be sure your google checkout is working if you add to this file ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm sure I'm being incredibly stupid here...

The only shipping module we have active is table rate. It's working fine on normal OSC checkout. With GCO, no prices are passed to Google.

I'm assuming I have to do something at shipping_method_generator.php but for the life of me I cannot see how to put a table rate into that page...

Can someone please give me a pointer or two? Thanks.

Further to the above, the information from shipping_method_generator.php is being passed correctly in terms of the shipping *method*, but the prices remain at 0.00 for both domestic and international deliveries. I'm tearing my hair out here and the client is getting - frankly - snotty about it. If anyone can help, I will be more grateful than I can ever say.

Further to the above, the information from shipping_method_generator.php is being passed correctly in terms of the shipping *method*, but the prices remain at 0.00 for both domestic and international deliveries. I'm tearing my hair out here and the client is getting - frankly - snotty about it. If anyone can help, I will be more grateful than I can ever say.

I had issues with table rates and had to rename the table file to domestic.php. First I uninstalled the table rate, renamed all the files (languange files too) uninstalled google checkout (just in the admin) reinstalled the table rate, ran the shipping generator, then reinstalled google.

My experience was that the name "table" was causing the issue. It was the same file with the same code, just a new name and it worked fine.

One more thing: if I go to responsehandler.php in a browser, I get the message "Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers"... what does that mean?

I am trying to figure out what the latest version of Google Checkout is, because there is a ton of entries with updates and fixes but nothing really saying full package.

Is the version uploaded by "mrchain" on 31 Jan 2008 the latest stable version or should i use an earlier version?