osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Offical Google Checkout module for osCommerce Support Thread

Silverado05

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i think there is, I dont know how but somebody will as I have read it has been done.

-my question is to do with the installation of Google Checkout (GC) on OSCommerce, I am new to all this and I don't really have much of an idea with the code and stuff, but following the instructions on how to install it I come to this bit:

4. Go to http://<url-site-url>/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php

If you get a 'Invalid or not supported Message', go to the next section.

If you get any errors, you must correct all errors before proceeding.

Now when i go to this link it prompts for a username and password?! I have tried alsorts, my cpanel user/pass, my oscommerce admin, my merchant id/key alsorts. Looked on google help forums and still not sure. When it fails to accept any password 3 times it goes to a blank page saying:

Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers

I thought perhaps I have locked the directory somehow but I am pretty sure I haven't. Don't even think the main catalog directory is locked at the moment because there were issues.

Please, someone....help!

Edited by ukdazza

yes i think there is, I dont know how but somebody will as I have read it has been done.

-my question is to do with the installation of Google Checkout (GC) on OSCommerce, I am new to all this and I don't really have much of an idea with the code and stuff, but following the instructions on how to install it I come to this bit:

4. Go to http://<url-site-url>/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php

If you get a 'Invalid or not supported Message', go to the next section.

If you get any errors, you must correct all errors before proceeding.

Now when i go to this link it prompts for a username and password?! I have tried alsorts, my cpanel user/pass, my oscommerce admin, my merchant id/key alsorts. Looked on google help forums and still not sure. When it fails to accept any password 3 times it goes to a blank page saying:

Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers

I thought perhaps I have locked the directory somehow but I am pretty sure I haven't. Don't even think the main catalog directory is locked at the moment because there were issues.

Please, someone....help!

I think I read it somewhere that it is your google checkout merchant is and merchant key as the password. Regardless as long as it is up you shouldn't need to visit that URL yourself, it's only for google checkout.

Edited by homewetbar

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

I was wondering if there was a way I can have Google checkout button my main button, basically replace the regular checkout with google checkout so customers will click on that and it will take them through the checkout process.

Thanks

Read the forum, I think someone else discussed this and how they did it many many pages back...

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

i'm trying to set up google checkout on another site.

after installing all the steps and then going to modules>>payment>>googecheckout>>install

i get this error

1170 - BLOB/TEXT column 'configuration_value' used in key specification without a key length

ALTER TABLE configuration CHANGE `configuration_value` `configuration_value` TEXT NOT NULL

[TEP STOP]

this is what my sql for configuration looks like

CREATE TABLE `configuration` (
 `configuration_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
 `configuration_title` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',
 `configuration_key` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',
 `configuration_value` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
 `configuration_description` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
 `configuration_group_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
 `sort_order` int(5) default NULL,
 `last_modified` datetime default NULL,
 `date_added` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
 `use_function` varchar(255) default NULL,
 `set_function` varchar(255) default NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY  (`configuration_id`),
 KEY `configuration_title` (`configuration_title`),
 KEY `configuration_id` (`configuration_id`),
 KEY `configuration_value` (`configuration_value`),
 KEY `configuration_id_2` (`configuration_id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=637;

any idea?

Edited by NimaP

at first glance gco seemed like the perfect fit for my fledgling website and modest means

that was a week ago but the only fit so far is the one i'm having implementing it

does anyone actually have it working? (just to know it's possible)

the button is there, it goes to google and shows shipping rates (i did register at usps, ups, and fedex)

but it returns to shopping_cart.php(not checkout_success.php as specified in the admin settings),

the google database tables are empty and admin has no record of the transaction (obviously)

does anyone know when where google is supposed to initiate the save to the database?

paypal runs a checkout_confirmation.php script before checkout_success.php

not sure if that's relevant but paypal transactions are recorded,

seems like we got a communication problem here

also mystified by the need to set session_force_cookie_use to false

is it because this solution is half-baked?

(jeez, i hope i don't get banned from the sandbox)

L8r,

jk

at first glance gco seemed like the perfect fit for my fledgling website and modest means

that was a week ago but the only fit so far is the one i'm having implementing it

does anyone actually have it working? (just to know it's possible)

the button is there, it goes to google and shows shipping rates (i did register at usps, ups, and fedex)

but it returns to shopping_cart.php(not checkout_success.php as specified in the admin settings),

the google database tables are empty and admin has no record of the transaction (obviously)

does anyone know when where google is supposed to initiate the save to the database?

paypal runs a checkout_confirmation.php script before checkout_success.php

not sure if that's relevant but paypal transactions are recorded,

seems like we got a communication problem here

also mystified by the need to set session_force_cookie_use to false

is it because this solution is half-baked?

(jeez, i hope i don't get banned from the sandbox)

L8r,

jk

It works, you must have mis-installed something. Make sure you are using v1.4.5a or v1.4.5.

It works, you must have mis-installed something. Make sure you are using v1.4.5a or v1.4.5.

thanks for your response, homewetbar, and also for a couple of your contributions

based on your suggestion and expertise,

i spent the intervening time, dumping gco and reloading v1.4.5a (in case i mis-installed it)

same result as before, order goes thru on google end

page returns to shopping_cart.php, no order in admin, empty db tables,

tried

Responsehandler Test: Test your implementation

XML We Sent:

Authorization: Basic XXXXXX:XXXXXX

Content-Type: application/xml;charset=UTF-8

Accept: application/xml;charset=UTF-8

X-Origin-IP: 12.34.567.890

XML We Received:

SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:

error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

(the ssl was issued by equifax global secure ebusiness (rapidssl))

so it does at least appear to be connected to google

at this point all i can say is, glad you have it working and

i'm not sure what you're mixing back there

but make mine a double

L8r,

jk

thanks for your response, homewetbar, and also for a couple of your contributions

based on your suggestion and expertise,

at this point all i can say is, glad you have it working and

i'm not sure what you're mixing back there

but make mine a double

L8r,

jk

LOL. I didn't develop the contrib just posted some addons. But it works fine for me on Oscommerce ms v2.2 are you running cre-loaded, a template driven site, or some other modification of osCommerce?

LOL. I didn't develop the contrib just posted some addons. But it works fine for me on Oscommerce ms v2.2 are you running cre-loaded, a template driven site, or some other modification of osCommerce?

Hi homewetbar, (is it just you and i?)

hope all is excellent with you (and anyone else tuned in)

took a breather from gco, it does technically work in that it performs a transaction and sends notifications

via google, but lacks the convenience of being tracked in admin and emptying the cart, (works not slow, not fast...half-fast!)

no cre, did use bts but migrating back to stock osc to facilitate contrib additions,

yes modifed (2.2 rc2), i'm wondering if to get gco to work, i need to install from an earlier version that

may have included some obscure setting(s) not part of the latest edition,

have found sometimes the most recent contrib isn't always the best choice

seems like i'm missing one bit of information that completes the cycle to google and back

thing is, i have force cookies set to true and then turning it off only for googlecheckout,

according to some override technique attributed to ropu

do you know of that?

anyway, i do appreciate your manning the lighthouse

cuz i'm sure in the dark on this

L8r,

jk

Hi homewetbar, (is it just you and i?)

hope all is excellent with you (and anyone else tuned in)

took a breather from gco, it does technically work in that it performs a transaction and sends notifications

via google, but lacks the convenience of being tracked in admin and emptying the cart, (works not slow, not fast...half-fast!)

no cre, did use bts but migrating back to stock osc to facilitate contrib additions,

yes modifed (2.2 rc2), i'm wondering if to get gco to work, i need to install from an earlier version that

may have included some obscure setting(s) not part of the latest edition,

have found sometimes the most recent contrib isn't always the best choice

seems like i'm missing one bit of information that completes the cycle to google and back

thing is, i have force cookies set to true and then turning it off only for googlecheckout,

according to some override technique attributed to ropu

do you know of that?

anyway, i do appreciate your manning the lighthouse

cuz i'm sure in the dark on this

L8r,

jk

I don't know what bts is, but I guess it is some sort of modified oscommerce? Try using the latest version from Google http://code.google.com/p/google-checkout-o.../downloads/list That is the actual one I used so I know it works with osCommerce ms2.2, I figured the one with the same name I referred you to in the oscommerce section in my prior post was the same but maybe, just maybe, they are different somehow?

I don't know what you mean by not being tracked in Admin, but as far as clearing the cart that's pretty easy, I think you just need to add:

$cart->reset(TRUE);

to your return page for google cjeckout. Which will clear the cart. NOTE: it will still show on the return page like they have the items in their cart but the next page they go to or if they refresh the page the cart will show cleared....

Edited by homewetbar

I don't know what bts is, but I guess it is some sort of modified oscommerce? Try using the latest version from Google http://code.google.com/p/google-checkout-o.../downloads/list That is the actual one I used so I know it works with osCommerce ms2.2, I figured the one with the same name I referred you to in the oscommerce section in my prior post was the same but maybe, just maybe, they are different somehow?

I don't know what you mean by not being tracked in Admin, but as far as clearing the cart that's pretty easy, I think you just need to add:

$cart->reset(TRUE);

to your return page for google cjeckout. Which will clear the cart. NOTE: it will still show on the return page like they have the items in their cart but the next page they go to or if they refresh the page the cart will show cleared....

Dude,

gonna hafta upgrade you to Inspector homewetbar,

bts, bullseye! great shot

changed the 'checkout_success.php' from BTS version to

the most updated (2.2 RC2a) stock osc 'checkout_success.php' (not the 2003 version)

WORKED flawlessly 3 times so far,

'cept cart (as you noted was still full)

by tracking in admin i mean saving the order in customer->orders in admin,

still dysfunctional- database not saving into google tables,

oh, you casually mentioned "clearing the cart that's pretty easy, I think you just need to add:

$cart->reset(TRUE);

to your return page for google checkout. "

Two questions spring to mind

1. which return page for google checkout?

gc_return.php or

checkout_success.php (set in admin/Modules/Payment /GoogleCheckout (at the bottom of the settings)

Continue shopping URL.

checkout_success.php?

looked at the code (checkout_success.php)

(i use the word "code" as in completely undecipherable)

on line 20-21

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'update')) {

$notify_string = '';

should that be blank? (well then. that makes 2 of us)

please forgive my rattling on

you've been a great help and ray of hope

thanks for the direction!

will look into gc_return.php, (not sure when it is called)

L8r,

jk

update to above post

found the checkout_success.php only worked when a user was logged in to the site

potential solution- add code to google checkout button to redirect to login screen before

proceeding to google site

regarding lines 20-21 in last post

i mean is $notify_string = ''; supposed to be blank or have information between quotes

also wondering how to tell if gc_return.php is even being called

back to work

L8r,

jk

regarding gc_return.php

tried renaming it gc_returnX.php

and doing google checkout routine from start to finish

same result as before renaming

(no errors, like couldn't find gc_return.php)

(also checked google response_error.log)

inclined to suspect my code lacks an executed call to gc_return.php

code flow

started at shopping_cart.php (google checkout code section)

calls googlecheckout/gcheckout.php

gcheckout.php mentions gc_return.php ONCE approx Line 292 (after include and require files)

$continue_shopping_url = ($googlepayment->continue_url=='gc_return.php')? (the question mark at the end appends product info to URL)

then on Line 297

$Gcart->SetContinueShoppingUrl(tep_href_link($continue_shopping_url));

so my rough translation is gc_return.php is associated with a continue shopping link

this happens before shipping options routine

when i look on the google page where the shipping options are

there is no sign of a continue shopping link above the shipping rates or anywhere on this page

viewing the code between Line 292 and 297

i see a reference to something called explode

wondering if the real solution to this problem involves instantiating some dynamite

L8r,

jk

I downloaded this contrib and it has nothing in it about db spl changes. I am not sure if I found the right ones.

Also, I am heavily modified and am having a little problems with the one file to find where to place the edits. I cannot find a place to place edits on my modified version on shopping_cart.php and login.php files. The others I have pretty much figured out though one other had extra lines than shown in this contrib.

Making it easier, it should not only list line number but text to follow or precede as some are not on same lines when modified.

Right now I invoice all customers and I know it is costing me sales. Please help.

HELP!! Please I need help getting this right and I have several osCommerce sites and need to get them all back up and running

Thanks

Dave

In order to contain all the support to one thread so I can accurately help those needing help with this module please post your support questions here and I will be more then happy to help you with this to best of my ability.

Contribution can be found below.

Google Checkout module for osCommerce

Current release is version 1.4 Dated 17 Jul 2007

regarding gc_return.php

tried renaming it gc_returnX.php

and doing google checkout routine from start to finish

same result as before renaming

(no errors, like couldn't find gc_return.php)

(also checked google response_error.log)

inclined to suspect my code lacks an executed call to gc_return.php

code flow

started at shopping_cart.php (google checkout code section)

calls googlecheckout/gcheckout.php

gcheckout.php mentions gc_return.php ONCE approx Line 292 (after include and require files)

$continue_shopping_url = ($googlepayment->continue_url=='gc_return.php')? (the question mark at the end appends product info to URL)

then on Line 297

$Gcart->SetContinueShoppingUrl(tep_href_link($continue_shopping_url));

so my rough translation is gc_return.php is associated with a continue shopping link

this happens before shipping options routine

when i look on the google page where the shipping options are

there is no sign of a continue shopping link above the shipping rates or anywhere on this page

viewing the code between Line 292 and 297

i see a reference to something called explode

wondering if the real solution to this problem involves instantiating some dynamite

L8r,

jk

You're getting a little too deep into the checkout code for me to know what you are talking about but use the gc_return.php and add that clear cart thingy I mentioned to it to clear the cart. That is only for google checkout use the default oscommerce page for regular checkout

I downloaded this contrib and it has nothing in it about db spl changes. I am not sure if I found the right ones.

Also, I am heavily modified and am having a little problems with the one file to find where to place the edits. I cannot find a place to place edits on my modified version on shopping_cart.php and login.php files. The others I have pretty much figured out though one other had extra lines than shown in this contrib.

Making it easier, it should not only list line number but text to follow or precede as some are not on same lines when modified.

Right now I invoice all customers and I know it is costing me sales. Please help.

HELP!! Please I need help getting this right and I have several osCommerce sites and need to get them all back up and running

Thanks

Dave

Sounds like you are knee deep and overwhelmed hire a programmer (I am not one) to assist you... odesk.com is great for finding them...

Thanks I have people who do programming and are working on it but it would be easier as some addons have done, to add the line it is to follow and not just the line to insert the new content as some are slightly modified and some are more so. In either case, the line number changes.

For now I am using Purchase Order mod and it is working fine. Just cannot get GC to go to Google and cannot figure out the line to add changes to in a couple of the files, but we will keep working on it.

Thanks for the reply

Sounds like you are knee deep and overwhelmed hire a programmer (I am not one) to assist you... odesk.com is great for finding them...

I am trying to tax items and shipping but I can't figure a way to do it. I need to tax shipping in New York and CT.

I am using is Anono's code as I can't find a better solution and I am going to add in all the zip codes. This code will do items fine but not shipping.

Thanks

//** Start of Zip Code Based Tax Rules *************

//

$zipRate = ".0825"; // Sales tax rate for New York county

$newGAtaxRule = new GoogleAlternateTaxRule($zipRate)($zipRate);

$zipsArray = array();

$zipsArray[] = "10573"; // New York

$zipsArray[] = "94005"; // Brisbane

$zipsArray[] = "94010"; // Burlingame

// ...etc. Add all 39 zip codes for San Mateo county to $zipsArray

$newGAtaxRule->SetZipPatterns($zipsArray);

$GAtaxTable->AddAlternateTaxRules($newGAtaxRule);

//

//** End of Zip Code Based Tax Rules *************

You're going about it the hard way. Go into your google checkout setting on google's site and add the areas you need to charge sales tax.... Look at google checkout's help files on their site if you need more assistance on where to find the setting...

I am trying to tax items and shipping but I can't figure a way to do it. I need to tax shipping in New York and CT.

I am using is Anono's code as I can't find a better solution and I am going to add in all the zip codes. This code will do items fine but not shipping.

Thanks

//** Start of Zip Code Based Tax Rules *************

//

$zipRate = ".0825"; // Sales tax rate for New York county

$newGAtaxRule = new GoogleAlternateTaxRule($zipRate)($zipRate);

$zipsArray = array();

$zipsArray[] = "10573"; // New York

$zipsArray[] = "94005"; // Brisbane
$zipsArray[] = "94010"; // Burlingame

// ...etc. Add all 39 zip codes for San Mateo county to $zipsArray

$newGAtaxRule->SetZipPatterns($zipsArray);

$GAtaxTable->AddAlternateTaxRules($newGAtaxRule);

//

//** End of Zip Code Based Tax Rules *************

You're going about it the hard way. Go into your google checkout setting on google's site and add the areas you need to charge sales tax.... Look at google checkout's help files on their site if you need more assistance on where to find the setting...

In the setting tab it only allows me the use one tax rate for New York. There and a lot of tax rates here in New York state. The help tab brings me to the developer’s area. I don't have enough knowledge to understand what's going on but I am very good at following instructions. I paid someone $1000 dollars to do my site and left it half finished. I have spent weeks fixing all the screw ups and this is the last hurdle. It would be nice if there is an easier way but I have not found one. The CT one I can do in the tax settings but I can't seem the get the mulit tax rate that includes taxing shipping working for New York.

Thanks

Jay

In the setting tab it only allows me the use one tax rate for New York. There and a lot of tax rates here in New York state. The help tab brings me to the developer’s area. I don't have enough knowledge to understand what's going on but I am very good at following instructions. I paid someone $1000 dollars to do my site and left it half finished. I have spent weeks fixing all the screw ups and this is the last hurdle. It would be nice if there is an easier way but I have not found one. The CT one I can do in the tax settings but I can't seem the get the mulit tax rate that includes taxing shipping working for New York.

Thanks

Jay

Email the google checkout team on their site or Charge a flat sales tax % (the lowest in the state would be advisable so you don't over collect) and then just eat the rest, the max it would vary is by 1-2% I would think, unless you are doing $10,000's of thousands of sales a year in state that won't amount to much and would be less expensive than hiring someone to recode everything.

Hello All,

I have 1.45A installed and working, with only 1 problem.

The problem is with merchant supplied shipping rates.

Google ignores my product weight and always returns 0.1 pounds as the shipping weight.

Consequently, the rates returned by Fedex and USPS are way too low, compared to the actual shipping cost.

Any thoughts on where I might start looking for this problem?

Thanks,

Dave