osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Offical Google Checkout module for osCommerce Support Thread

Silverado05

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished installing this add on. After some initial confusion as to why the tables didnt get created (found a thread with the SQL in it), I'm tring to test the setup and the pages seem to display ok but when I try and display the https://store/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php page I get a Invalid Merchant Id/Key Pair error. I verified both the sandbox an production keys so I'm not sure what else to check. The SSL is enabled and supported. I'm also getting prompted for a password when running it so I'm not sure if that correct. I've tried searching around but nothing useful is coming up. Any ideas ?

I have been working with this module all day trying to get it to work with store and have been successful. Now the only problem is that after the buyer comes back to my site VIA gc_return.php the shopping cart is still full, the products have not been subtracted from my inventory, and the store does not know an order has taken place. I do however get the confirmation email from Google.

Maybe this is because I am in sandbox mode?

Any idea what the problem may be?

I have not had much luck searching for the fix.

I have found this bit of code below, but that only solves one out of three problems:

<?php
$cart->reset(true);
?>

Also, when I get to the Google check out screen it defaults the shipping to Flat rate 6.99 instead of Free shipping when orders are over $70. Is there a way to default the shipping the Free Shipping?

Edited by rs2k

I'm having a problem with Google Checkout. It constantly says "This merchant does not ship to your address" whenever I go to checkout (sandbox). My address is legit and I have changed the shipping_methods.php file with my available methods. Sometimes shipping does show up but with the callback failed values which probably means that callback failed. Any help would be appreciated. I need to get my store up by Monday with or without google checkout but I would prefer it with. If anybody can help me, please feel free to send me a PM with your instant messaging screen names.

Thanks

Does anyone actually have this working correctly in the UK?

My problem is that VAT is not displayed on the product line when you view the order in the OSC admin area.

If anyone else has this working I would appreciate hearing from you as its obviously something I am doing wrong.

Thanks

After having things work very well the past month or so, I now noticed a small problem.

When a customer makes an order, the stock numbers, for some reason, are not showing up in google checkout. These numbers are extremely helpful to us, and we really would like them to show up. Anyone know how to get these bad boys back in there? I'm sure it's not a hard task, but it involves sending OSC info to google, and I really don't want to mess anything up here....

store: http://www.handlelatch.com/catalog/

Thanks!

Why the site moderators allowed Silverado05, (who is totally inept at coding and moaned consistently about his inability to get the original Gcheckout working), to start a "so called" OFFICIAL Google Checkout thread I just can't fathom.

Edited by Babygurgles

uninstall then reinstall in admin--> module---> payment

Nope, sorry not that simple. Still doing the same thing. The message log in the dir/googlecheckout/ recieves the xml but the cart does not add it to the database. What could be missing here?

Nope, sorry not that simple. Still doing the same thing. The message log in the dir/googlecheckout/ recieves the xml but the cart does not add it to the database. What could be missing here?

I'm having the same problem. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well. Other than that the module works great.

the database for GCO is not created, i had same problem. If you uninstall and then install it will try to add tables unless its already there

the database for GCO is not created, i had same problem. If you uninstall and then install it will try to add tables unless its already there

I have had some trouble with tables being automatically created with this and some of my other contributions. What tables need to be added. I want to do it manually but I don't know what I need to add.

Another question on the manual integration method:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2a. /catalog/admin/modules.php									   LINE 45
 ===========================================================================
=
 REPLACE:

case 'save':
	while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {
	  tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'");
	}
	tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module']));
	break;

WITH:

case 'save':
  // ** GOOGLE CHECKOUT **	  
	// fix configuration no saving -
	  reset($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration']);
	// end fix
  // ** END GOOGLE CHECKOUT **	  
	// ** GOOGLE CHECKOUT **	
	  // Checks if module is of type google checkout and also verfies if this configuration is 
	  // for the check boxes for the shipping options   				
	  if( is_array( $value ) ){
			$value = implode( ", ", $value);
			$value = ereg_replace (", --none--", "", $value);
		  }
	// ** END GOOGLE CHECKOUT **

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = " . gc_makeSqlString($value) . " where configuration_key = " . gc_makeSqlString($key));
	}
	tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module']));
	break;

It looks like I have something installed for Authorize.net installed for a CVV popup window. Here is my modules.php file:

case 'save':

/********************************

*  Addition for Authorize.net Consolidated

*  by Austin519 - CVV PopUp Window 

*  If using a custom modules.php

*  add in the following line

********************************/

if (is_array($value)) $value = implode( ", ", $value);

/*******************************/

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'"); 

}

I did a file compare between the includes modules.php file and my current modules.php file and this value is inserted in there:

/********************************

*  Addition for Authorize.net Consolidated

*  by Austin519 - CVV PopUp Window 

*  If using a custom modules.php

*  add in the following line

********************************/

if (is_array($value)) $value = implode( ", ", $value);

/*******************************/

I am not really sure how to integrate this google checkout into my code

Some thoughts about this module:

Great contribution overall. A lot of hefty programming went into this one and the code behind it is excellent. It took a LOT of customizing to get this working in my cart and it's still not 100% there. I haven't even begun testing how it handles different currencies and currencies not handled by Google Checkout but enabled in my cart. Maybe this is not beta if installed on stock osCommerce but on mine it's big-time-beta code. I'm debating whether or not to continue to get this working better or to uninstall it entirely and not use Google checkout until they (inevitably they will have to because this idea they have is so dumb it's not going to work) change their Terms of Service agreement to allow people to use Google Checkout without it being the one being pushed on people.

The first thing I notice is that there's no Google Checkout when the user checks out as normal. None at all. Before they checkout, however, there's a "or use Google Checkout" button which is over pronounced on the page. It totally sucks. I read in this forum that the reason is because people can order from Google and Google passes the information into the cart for the customer, saving them the trouble of entering the information into my cart. I think this logic is stupid. It's backwards in every way. If Google wants to pass the customer information to my cart, that would be fine but sending them the order information, as in the product information, is totally stupid. How are they going to handle attributes and attribute sets? What about custom fields people have added? It's stupid in every way. To send it to Google just to send it back to myself is stupid. Why not split the information into two parts; the customer's billing and shipping information separate from the customer's order information, then merge the two? THIS would make sense. Having a strongarm tactic trying to push people to use Google Checkout is like Yahoo with their Yahoo toolbar. It's like buying a computer and getting it home only to find out that it's got a ton of junk all over it that's going to take you all day to get rid of.... It sucks. I don't buy the excuse that it's to make it easier on the user. This could be done without being pushy about which payment processor people are opted. I don't like totally rebuilding my cart just to suit Google's trying to control everything. I especially don't like passing all these variables to Google then in a year and every year thereafter, they change the variables they accept and we all rebuild our shopping carts all over again. Google also gives the option to the customer to keep their email address confidential (from you, the store owner.) Another example of Google hijacking your business...

Why do I feel like Google is being so nice all the time only because they want to OWN me?

Edited by vyoufinder

"Your focus is your reality"

Well look at what's happened .. PayPal release a whole wad of new versions way after Google released theirs and HPDL throws up immaculate working versions in a heartbeat. Google checkout has caused a lot of people a lot of heartache and, at least in my case, their contribution needed to be heavily recoded to work, original one added some 50 queries to product_info.php lol. (I still use my modified 1st version as the new one seems even more buggy.)

My guess is that PayPal support this project and GC do not. The moral of this story is .. hey Google if you want to take advantage of the tens of 1000s of osc users then support the project!!!

*** disclaimer ***

Pure supposition on my part.

Edited by Babygurgles

Does anyone else have the problem of customers coming back to the store after checking out with google, their prices suddenly being displayed ex.vat when its supposed to be inc.vat?

Its a problem because I have a disclaimer on the pages saying all prices inc vat, so when a customer comes back to the store they think they have paid twice as much vat.

Anyone else noticed this?

I have been trying to find the changes made to the Checkout Mod on the two most recent posted versions. I am having no luck. I wrote the following to Siverado, but it was kicked back because his mail box is full:

I am having problems with the last two addons for the Google Checkout Mod. Neither mrchain or chshoaib has a description of their changes in their post. I was trying to update from the November version I had used and got no where. Since I haqve a highly modified site I was trying to find the updated portions.

This is what I found:

I checked the 1-16-08 update file and instructions, there were no changes noted from the November version. I checked all the modification dates on all the files and they are the same as the November version as well. I didn't compare each and every file because that would change the modification date on the file I believe. I wrote in to the thread and separately to the author-through the message process, both on the 17th. There is no answer from either method.

The 1-31-08 update: I checked the update files and instructions and there are no changes from November's version. I stopped there because I don't want to waste any more time. All this has used up enough already.

Each author joined OSC the day of the posted addon, mrchain=Patricia, and chshoaib=Chaudhary Shoaib. Last, I ran an author search for each and got the response: Unfortunately your search didn't return any results.

Can anyone add anything I may have missed? I wrote to Patricia today. If I hear from either author I will post the results.

As far as I am concerned you should not be using the one on the OSC Contributions site as it is incorrect. It has a vital part commented out from the module which creates the databases when you first install it.

The one that installs correctly is the one you download directly from the google checkout code site at http://code.google.com/p/google-checkout-oscommerce/

Look for version 1.4.5a in the featured downloads box on the right.

Note: I did mention to the developers that the version on OSC had vital differences to those posted there and nothing has been done about it,

I hope this helps you and that it wastes less of your time than it wasted of mine.

As far as I am concerned you should not be using the one on the OSC Contributions site as it is incorrect. It has a vital part commented out from the module which creates the databases when you first install it.

The one that installs correctly is the one you download directly from the google checkout code site at http://code.google.com/p/google-checkout-oscommerce/

Look for version 1.4.5a in the featured downloads box on the right.

Note: I did mention to the developers that the version on OSC had vital differences to those posted there and nothing has been done about it,

I hope this helps you and that it wastes less of your time than it wasted of mine.

Can you show me where the commented out code is, because, I allready added the 1.4.5 v from the OSC site contributions and it was not much fun. If I could fix it by uncommenting some code, that would be eaiser than removing it and adding the 1.4.5 version from the google website. Just tell me what file to look in and I will compare the two files

Can you show me where the commented out code is, because, I allready added the 1.4.5 v from the OSC site contributions and it was not much fun. If I could fix it by uncommenting some code, that would be eaiser than removing it and adding the 1.4.5 version from the google website. Just tell me what file to look in and I will compare the two files

Sure, its in catalog/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php

The lines to create the DB are :-

tep_db_query("create table if not exists ". $this->table_name ." (customers_id int(11), buyer_id bigint(20))");
tep_db_query("create table if not exists ". $this->table_order ." (orders_id int(11), google_order_number bigint(20), order_amount decimal(15,4))");

The file size for this particular file on the google code website is noticeably larger than that on the OSC website, but I havent done a full compare so I couldnt tell you all the differences.

HTH

Hi got serious problem, customer used google checkout and it was cancelled and i got this error

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

when trying to access https://www.domain.co.uk/catalog/googlechec...onsehandler.php

it used to work fine when i tested on sandbox

PLEASE HELP

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<merchant-calculation-callback xmlns="http://checkout.google.com/schema/2" serial-number="cb779898-0da2-4446-82e3-05675a167008">
 <shopping-cart>
<items>
  <item>
	<item-weight value="1.7" unit="LB" />
	<item-name>HID Conversion Kit H1 6000K 35w</item-name>
	<item-description>Greater visibility - The combination of more light output and whiter colour make for better visibility in rain, snow and night time driving.
Longer Life - HID lamps will last on average 10 times as long than halogen bulbs.
Less Maintenance - Xenon runs cooler than your traditional halogens, th...</item-description>
	<quantity>1</quantity>
	<unit-price currency="GBP">64.99</unit-price>
	<merchant-item-id>28</merchant-item-id>
	<merchant-private-item-data>

<item>YTo5OntzOjM6InF0eSI7aToxO3M6NDoibmFtZSI7czozMToiSElEIENvbnZlcnNpb24gS2l0IEgx
IDYwMDBLIDM1dyI7czo1OiJtb2RlbCI7czowOiIiO3M6MzoidGF4IjtpOjA7czoxNToidGF4X2Rlc2Nya
XB0aW9uIjtzOjE2OiJVbmtub3duIHRheCByYXRlIjtzOjU6InByaWNlIjtzOjc6IjY0Ljk5MDAiO3M6MT
E6ImZpbmFsX3ByaWNlIjtkOjY0Ljk4OTk5OTk5OTk5OTk5NDg4NDA5MjMwMjUyNzI3ODY2MTcyNzkwNTI
3MzQzNzU7czo2OiJ3ZWlnaHQiO3M6NDoiMS43MCI7czoyOiJpZCI7aToyODt9</item>

</merchant-private-item-data>
  </item>
</items>
<merchant-private-data>

<session-data>0641cb8124b6f5d88e95dc0bd99d7c80;osCsid</session-data>

this is top part of console.....:(