• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Offical Google Checkout module for osCommerce Support Thread

Silverado05

Seems that everything is mostly fine here....

However in the Admin panel, I cannot get my changes to google Checkout to save after I update the fields with my Google merchant ID, etc. When I hit update, it just goes back to the default values, as if I hadn't changed anything...

any ideas?

sorry I figured it out myself. For some reason, Programmer's Notepad didn't copy and paste correctly...it did it all in one single line, so most of the code I replaced was commented out!

Fixed.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello.

Can someone check my site see if its properly working.. im not a big php coder.. when i test it and i select a product and add to cart i get sent to shopping_cart.php and when i select Google CheckOut it just refreshes the page is it suppose to do that?

Store - S & R Computers

it dosent have our inventory yet.. just what came with osc.. its defualt.

After many hours of research I have discovered that with the template system (STS 4.5.8) turned on, you cannot use the gc_return.php file that Google Checkout provides. Although calling that file works great in a standard osCommerce install, you have to use the checkout_success.php file to return to the site. While in a stock install, this file (checkout_success.php) does not empty the shopping cart after a successful checkout with google checkout - so you have to us gc_return.php - checkout_success.php works just fine with STS 4.5.8 enabled.

Best Regards,

-Jim

I worked out a solution to the gc_return.php problem with not emptying the cart after a successful checkout.

insert: <?php

$cart->reset(true);

?>

at the end of the file before <!-- body_text_eof //-->

I want to clarify this a little. I worked out a solution to the gc_return.php problem with not emptying the cart after a successful checkout.

Open catalog/gc_return.php

insert: <?php

$cart->reset(true);

?>

at the end of the file before <!-- body_text_eof //-->

Hello.

Can someone check my site see if its properly working.. im not a big php coder.. when i test it and i select a product and add to cart i get sent to shopping_cart.php and when i select Google CheckOut it just refreshes the page is it suppose to do that?

Store - S & R Computers

it dosent have our inventory yet.. just what came with osc.. its defualt.

anybody

Ok for everyone have shipping problems do this for me.

try adding

print_r($directory_array);

to gcheckout.php line 311

and

print_r($module_info);

in line 356

send me the results u should see in any page where the GC button appears.

As far as the link goes it still works, I just tried it and took me straight to the page.

I have been having similar problems and when these lines were inserted I got this:

Warning: main(file:///C|/Users/george/AppData/Local/Temp/admin/includes/configure.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mushroom/public_html/catalog/googlecheckout/gcheckout.php on line 34

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'file:///C|/Users/george/AppData/Local/Temp/admin/includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mushroom/public_html/catalog/googlecheckout/gcheckout.php on line 34

Any ideas? thanks in advance

I have added the google checkout and when I run it I get:

Oops!

We were unable to process your request.

It will also not run in sandbox, can someone tell me what I could be doing wrong?

Did you create separate accounts for customer and merchant in sandbox?

While I can't say specifically what went wrong, I've never seen that error before, I can only recommend that you go over your installation again. Pay particular attention to any files that you might have merged with contributions as sometimes they conflict or inhibit with each other. On my Google Checkout installation, I had Multi-Vendor Shipping which was incompatible with GC so I had to uninstall MVS before I could continue. It took me about two weeks to figure it out. Another thing you have to preserve are the security fixes.

This has been anwsered many times. The GC buttons are generated from Google so you cant alter them or the text above it. only thing you can change is the transparency behind it and the size.

read more

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...Google+Checkout

I went to this link and didn't see anything about altering the button. I want to make the background transparent as my background in not white. How do I do this?

Alright. I have google check out integrated and it works great as it should

However, I offer ONLY google checkout. I see no need to make users register through OSC at all. As it is now, when you want to checkout and buy a product you can either sign in (if you're previously registered with my OSC cart), create a new account, or go straight to google checkout - depending what selection you choose.

If you sign in or register, you are taken through the OSC checkout, but then it brings you right back to your shopping cart (because google checkout is the only option). No order is generated through OSC, it just spits you back out where you were. Here, again, you have the option to click checkout or GOOGLE checkout. You can go in this circle forever, if you don't know to hit the google checkout button. My customers may never know what to do.

So, I want to know what steps I must take to completely get rid of the OSC checkout processes and registration. I only want to be able to click google checkout. Or if I do click the checkout button, I want it to go to the same place that the google checkout button goes.

does this make sense?

Thanks to anyone who can help. My cart: www.handlelatch.com/catalog

i like this idea midwestb - tho i'm not clued-up enough to advise

does anyone know if its possible to integrate Google Checkout properly as an integral module to OSC rather than having the link outside?

It could then be renamed and offered as the default credit card handling module and paypal etc. could still be below. i'm aware that some customers will shop specifically because a site offers paypal - some thing worth considering midwestb.

Hi guys i'm a little confused about google checkout, i have made a account but read some conflicting infomation regarding google checkout on oscommerce.

I have PayPal IPN because my host does not support SSL.

Can i use google checkout like paypal IPN (i.e takes you to google secure server for transaction)?

I read google checkout IPN was not allowed and it some times cancelled transaction or done chargebacks.

I read about Level 2 checkout but that requires SSL.

Any one clear things up for me, i would really like to have Google checkout due to high Paypal fees.

I'm in UK

many thanks

Hi guys i'm a little confused about google checkout, i have made a account but read some conflicting infomation regarding google checkout on oscommerce.

Can i use google checkout like paypal IPN (i.e takes you to google secure server for transaction)?

I read google checkout IPN was not allowed and it some times cancelled transaction or done chargebacks.

I read about Level 2 checkout but that requires SSL.

Any one clear things up for me, i would really like to have Google checkout due to high Paypal fees.

I'm in UK

many thanks

I honestly don't think you will be able to run a successful shop without SSL .. whatever your reasons or concerns.

SSL can cost as little as £60 a YEAR for a decent dedicated cert .. why wouldn't you do it if you are running a shop?

I honestly don't think you will be able to run a successful shop without SSL .. whatever your reasons or concerns.

SSL can cost as little as £60 a YEAR for a decent dedicated cert .. why wouldn't you do it if you are running a shop?

i was not aware that my host did not support, i thought i could buy certificate off some else like godaddy.

but any ways could you answer my question on google check out please?

man thanks

i was not aware that my host did not support, i thought i could buy certificate off some else like godaddy.

but any ways could you answer my question on google check out please?

man thanks

Can't think where I got that idea from ..

Edited by Babygurgles

Orders are not being shown in Oscommerce, but are being processed fine through Google sand box. It takes you back to the order success page on our site, however no order is added into the database!

We have a few mods inc Auction Blox, Multi vendor Shipping, and purchase without account. Could this be the issue?

So I'm going to try again here...basically I want to replace the "Checkout" button in the shopping cart with the "GOOGLE CHECKOUT" button. I'll remove any links to My Account. This way the only option is to click Google Checkout.

Can anyone at least lead me in the right direction here? I really don't know how this works.

So I'm going to try again here...basically I want to replace the "Checkout" button in the shopping cart with the "GOOGLE CHECKOUT" button. I'll remove any links to My Account. This way the only option is to click Google Checkout.

Can anyone at least lead me in the right direction here? I really don't know how this works.

Well make sure in admin that it is set to Display Cart After Adding Product > true

Adjust catalog/shopping_cart.php to remove the standard checkout form.

hello guys,

altough i noticed that the only active members here are people like me that having truble i seriously need help!!!

i am having a few issues with google checkout

first:

it can't seem to stop showing the install button

gc-prob1.jpg

the check out is installed and working but it can't seem to be set up correctly

second:

im getting this annoying error which i have no idea what it says:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ARRAY_CAST in /home/content/y/o/s/yos40/html/admin/modules.php(234) : eval()'d code on line 1

gc-prob2.jpg

here is my modules.php from line 225-245

switch ($action) {
case 'edit':
  $keys = '';
  reset($mInfo->keys);
  while (list($key, $value) = each($mInfo->keys)) {
	$keys .= '<b>' . $value['title'] . '</b><br>' . $value['description'] . '<br>';

if ($value['set_function']) {
	  eval('$keys .= ' . $value['set_function'] . "'" . $value['value'] . "', '" . $key . "');");
	} else {
	  [b]$keys .= tep_draw_input_field('configuration[' . $key . ']', $value['value']);[/b](line 235)
	}
	$keys .= '<br><br>';
  }
  $keys = substr($keys, 0, strrpos($keys, '<br><br>'));

$heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . $mInfo->title . '</b>');

$contents = array('form' => tep_draw_form('modules', FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module'] . '&action=save'));
  $contents[] = array('text' => $keys);
  $contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br>' . tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE) . ' <a href="'

Third:

i have orders going through but for some reason it dosn't show up at all in the site:

gc-prob4.jpg

fourth:

i had a guy that made a purchse little while ego and he got a next day early AM for $1 , yes yes $1!!!! in all of my deal hunting history i have not recevied such a sweet deal!!!!

gc-prob3.jpg

And by the way i noticed that people were talking about MYSQL data, i have not noticed any file of MYSQL any idea?????

i really hope you guys can help me solve some of this problems and even all ( the $1 shipping is in top priority!!!)

thanks in advance for any kind of help and if you need more details contact me!

thanks again

Yossi

Edited by yos40

Hi all, I use the Zonesworld contrib (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,920/category,all/search,zonesworld) to specify my shipping rates - as it has 3 default zones rather than 2, can anyone help me integrate it with Google Checkout?

I've tried using the shipping generator but am getting the £1 or free shipping problem

Any help would be much appreciated

I am in the process of testing my site. I was in the admin area trying to process a test order when I tried to update the order to complete I got the follow error message on the next page:

1146 - Table 'exervosc.google_orders' doesn't exist

select google_order_number from google_orders where orders_id= 10

[TEP STOP]

I think it is looking for an sql when I went back and took a look at the instruction it gace the following:

GC Order

update orders set orders_status = 100 where orders_status = 1 and payment_method = 'Google Checkout';

update orders set orders_status = 101 where orders_status = 2 and payment_method = 'Google Checkout';

update orders set orders_status = 102 where orders_status = 3 and payment_method = 'Google Checkout';

How should this be installed Or is there a file I am missing that is already set up to install the correct sql for this mod?

Site is underconstruction I am always looking for good advice on how to improve my site fill free to comment.

Thanks! ATise