• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Offical Google Checkout module for osCommerce Support Thread

Silverado05

I have a store up and running but still quite new to this. I need to install Google Checkout as a payment method on my site. What is the best, updated contribution that I should use for this. Please help!

Well the most recent release is 1.4 but 1.4.1 comes out this week. So if you can wait a few days I would. Also GC is an alternative checkout method. NOT and alternative payment method. A lot of people get this confused. The GC can not be anywhere in your normal checkout process. It can only be listed on your shopping cart page and shopping cart infobox.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a SSL that is dedicated and not shared. If you have a SSL make sure it is accepted by GC

http://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bi...py?answer=57856

Also what do you have set for .htaccess in your module on the OSC side?

Yes it is dedicated and the SSL is GeoTrust which is accepted by Google Checkout. For .htaccess on the OSC side it is set to "false" for ".htaccess Basic Authentication Mode with PHP over CGI?" The .htaccess file is updated with my Google Merchant ID and Key also.

Yes it is dedicated and the SSL is GeoTrust which is accepted by Google Checkout. For .htaccess on the OSC side it is set to "false" for ".htaccess Basic Authentication Mode with PHP over CGI?" The .htaccess file is updated with my Google Merchant ID and Key also.

Is that is the case and you have set up the .htaccess for GC then you need to set that to true and not false.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

You need to double check all your settings.

.htaccess Basic Authentication Mode with PHP over CGI? True

Select Mode of Operation https://sandbox.google.com/checkout/

Select Merchant Calculation Mode of Operation True

Then on the Google Checkout settings side

API callback URL https://........./catalog/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php Notice it is https not http. Also if you site is in the root directory then you need to drop the catalog of the path.

Callback method: XML

Shopping cart post security should be checked.

Double and triple check all that and if it still doesn't work come back or read the first three pages here about setting check IP to false in OSC Admin.

There might be simple answer to this, or maybe its not possible without a major reworking of code, but I'd like to know if it is possible to use this Google Checkout Module as the sole checkout method. I currently have it installed correctly and it gives me the option to Checkout -OR- Google Checkout. Any way to make Google the only method?

The only way I can surmise to do this is to change the reference to the checkout graphic as well as the code associated with it, however, im not sure which pages I would have to change or how I would take out the original Google Checkout Image. Thought I'd ask the pros.

Thanks,

Jason

There might be simple answer to this, or maybe its not possible without a major reworking of code, but I'd like to know if it is possible to use this Google Checkout Module as the sole checkout method. I currently have it installed correctly and it gives me the option to Checkout -OR- Google Checkout. Any way to make Google the only method?

The only way I can surmise to do this is to change the reference to the checkout graphic as well as the code associated with it, however, im not sure which pages I would have to change or how I would take out the original Google Checkout Image. Thought I'd ask the pros.

Thanks,

Jason

This has been anwsered many times. The GC buttons are generated from Google so you cant alter them or the text above it. only thing you can change is the transparency behind it and the size.

read more

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...Google+Checkout

This has been anwsered many times. The GC buttons are generated from Google so you cant alter them or the text above it. only thing you can change is the transparency behind it and the size.

read more

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...Google+Checkout

Ok, I read the above link, and think I understand where you are coming from about not being able to modify the buttons, and I'm ok with that. The only part I am a bit confused about still is why I can't use Google as my only form of checkout and processing. You mention that Google Checkout is not a payment method - understood - but the customers enter their payment method as part of the Google Checkout process right?

Maybe I'm just in over my head, and I hope I'm not upsetting anyone.

Jason

Edited by jprov

Anyways, I did finally get it to work I think. Made the default checkout button a 1x1 transparent gif, and removed a php variable for the "-OR USE-" text above the Google image, and left the actual image intact. For everyone saying it can't be done, does this not work? I don't see why it wouldn't.

Jason

I am having another issue now, it seems that I am getting a "headers already sent" error after putting the shipping information into the admin and updating the product to shipped.

This is the error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/edited/public_html/googlecheckout/shipping_methods.php:49) in /home/edited/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Here is my shipping methods line 49:

?>

Well, as you see, its just the trailing php tag. Ask to see more if you need to, I didnt want to clutter.

Here is my general.php line 13-18:

////
// Stop from parsing any further PHP code
 function tep_exit() {
  tep_session_close();
  exit();
 }

Sooo, any ideas as to why this is throwing the error only when I update the item to shipped? If I hit my back button I do return to the correct screen, where it tells me the information was sent and google responds and updates it as shipped, I just have that annoyance every time.

I've also noticed that it is not carrying the tracking number and carrier over. Its just marking it shipped (delivered) and archiving it.

Thanks in advance!

I am having another issue now, it seems that I am getting a "headers already sent" error after putting the shipping information into the admin and updating the product to shipped.

This is the error:

Here is my shipping methods line 49:

?>

Well, as you see, its just the trailing php tag. Ask to see more if you need to, I didnt want to clutter.

Here is my general.php line 13-18:

////
// Stop from parsing any further PHP code
 function tep_exit() {
  tep_session_close();
  exit();
 }

Sooo, any ideas as to why this is throwing the error only when I update the item to shipped? If I hit my back button I do return to the correct screen, where it tells me the information was sent and google responds and updates it as shipped, I just have that annoyance every time.

I've also noticed that it is not carrying the tracking number and carrier over. Its just marking it shipped (delivered) and archiving it.

Thanks in advance!

The headers already sent error is because you have whitespace after ?> you just need to delete any whitespace after that.

About the tracking number and carrier I am not sure I understand what you are saying. Is this on the Google Checkout side or the OSC Admin side?

Anyways, I did finally get it to work I think. Made the default checkout button a 1x1 transparent gif, and removed a php variable for the "-OR USE-" text above the Google image, and left the actual image intact. For everyone saying it can't be done, does this not work? I don't see why it wouldn't.

Jason

If you want to use Google checkout as your only method that is fine. But it is an alternative checkout method not a payment processor even though you pay through GC everything is done through GC. which means you will not have registered users and you can not email them about specials or anything else. People don't have to register to with your site to use Google Checkout which also means they don't have to follow your terms of agreement so basically you are a Google store. Also every time someone adds a item to the cart you will have to send them to the shopping cart page and that is annoying for those that want to keep shopping. It gives them the impression they have to checkout and that kills your conversion rates.

The headers already sent error is because you have whitespace after ?> you just need to delete any whitespace after that.

About the tracking number and carrier I am not sure I understand what you are saying. Is this on the Google Checkout side or the OSC Admin side?

I dont have a line after line #49, perhaps its a whitespace issue somewhere else, I'll keep poking around.

The tracking number and carrier boxes in the admin panel in the customers order, I put a tracking number and select my carrier. I then select shipped and click update. This is the same as I would do directly in the order in google checkout. When I am putting this information in the osc admin panel and clicking update, it is sending the correct 'change to shipped and archive' information to google checkout, however, it is not registering or saving the tracking information I've put in.

In google checkout, if I look at the order, it will show as shipped (delivered) but there will be no tracking information. And the response from google just shows as this:

Time: 2007-08-27T19:30:57.000Z

New State: DELIVERED

Order was Shipped.

No tracking or carrier information is there, as if I had never put the information in at all.

I actually gave you the wrong information about my general.php. I gave you the catalog/includes/functions/general.php rather than the catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php!

This is line 13-28:

////
// Redirect to another page or site
 function tep_redirect($url) {
global $logger;

header('Location: ' . $url);

if (STORE_PAGE_PARSE_TIME == 'true') {
  if (!is_object($logger)) $logger = new logger;
  $logger->timer_stop();
}

exit;
 }

////

Could the problem lie here?

You have white space in shipping_methods.php that is what the error means.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/edited/public_html/googlecheckout/shipping_methods.php:49)

Is line 49 is ?> the place your mouse at the very bottom of that file and delete any space to ?>

Trust me you won't be able to see it just by looking at it you need to place your mouse down there.

I.E.

your line might end here

?>BUT ALL THIS COULD BE WHITESPACE

So what I am saying is their should be no space after the closing ?>

Hi, Back in January we added Google checkout to our osC store and it's been working in a sense (it does not store orders, customers, etc.) in our osC admin and we do not see an item number in GC.

We're ready to update the payment module with a more recent contribution so I'm hoping to find out the following:

1) Will the new module (last release) store orders in the osC admin?

2) Will we see an item number (not just an item title) in the order details?

3) Is the last version a pretty stable release?

Is anybody who has Google Checkout working smoothly on their site willing to share the URL of your site so I can see how it looks/works?

Thanks!

Hi, Back in January we added Google checkout to our osC store and it's been working in a sense (it does not store orders, customers, etc.) in our osC admin and we do not see an item number in GC.

We're ready to update the payment module with a more recent contribution so I'm hoping to find out the following:

Is anybody who has Google Checkout working smoothly on their site willing to share the URL of your site so I can see how it looks/works?

Thanks!

The latest release fixes a lot and is pretty stable.

I have it working smoothly but my site is live and I don't really like post my URL. So just install the latest release and you should be good to go. If you have in problems reference this thread to seek answers to your problems.

Thanks!

I had same module as you did previously - I have to say after putting 1.4 GC in that's a SIGNIFICANT improvement over the old L1 GC method. All orders are stored, customer information actually saved as a new account. You can then print invoices from OSC. I've had it installed for several weeks, looks like everything is working smoothly. Just be sure to prepare first and read this board for little support items. The original install did not go 100%, but I found several helps in this thread and it's all working 100%. Nice to also be able to add tracking information and have the GC order automatically updated and archived. It's worth the time to install.

Hey,

I tried to sign up google checkout, But when I tried to insert the country I discovered that its available only for U.S. and U.K.

There's no chance to use it if you are a merchant from another country?

Ive just had my 1st order through google checkout, however shipping costs didnt show up on the order, how can i get shipping costs to be added on future orders?

What shipping methods are you using and did you run the shipping generator? Read through this thread for solutions to this problem it has been listed before. You would probably find an answer faster going through the 9 pages then waiting for me to reply. If you still can't find an answer provide me with the information you I asked for.

Hey,

I tried to sign up google checkout, But when I tried to insert the country I discovered that its available only for U.S. and U.K.

There's no chance to use it if you are a merchant from another country?

Unfortunately Google only offers this checkout method to merchants in U.S. and U.K. at that moment. So until they make this widely available to other countries you won't be able to use this module.

Sorry but that is a Google thing.