• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal integrations

I'm not a computer programmer. I don't understand what I need to do to get my paypal up and running on my website. My web host offers paypal as a power plug in and of course I have signed up for a merchant account, but my web host says they don't even know what an API account name is.

Do I have to spend even more money to get someone like osCommerce in order to integrate everything. This has been the most confusing thing I have ever done and it is slowly nickle and diming me to death. Does anyone have any advise or suggestions on what i need to do. I'm so lost and my web host and paypal don't seem to be very interested in helping me.

I'm not a computer programmer. I don't understand what I need to do to get my paypal up and running on my website. My web host offers paypal as a power plug in and of course I have signed up for a merchant account, but my web host says they don't even know what an API account name is.

Do I have to spend even more money to get someone like osCommerce in order to integrate everything. This has been the most confusing thing I have ever done and it is slowly nickle and diming me to death. Does anyone have any advise or suggestions on what i need to do. I'm so lost and my web host and paypal don't seem to be very interested in helping me.

Hello,

I sympathize with your frustration! I am a beginner/almost intermediate(!) paypal user and learner. Paypal is intimidating, depending on what you are trying to do. If you have one or two items that you want to sell, you may find that just going thru the paypal "buy now" or "add to cart" button creation is sufficient. It looks fairly complex, at first, but if you keep using the automatic button creation feature provided on paypal's website, it helps keep the details correctly placed. You may have to make a few small changes to the final button code, but it is much less work than trying to create from scratch.

Currently, I use paypal exclusively for my site shopping cart. It works well, as long as I don't have special pricing discounts, gift vouchers, need to use cookies, etc.

I am looking at osCommerce, because I now need to add special discount based on sales total, discount based on quantity, gift voucher features, creating a monthly special, and track commissions paid out..... and still be able to use Paypal.

If you want a complete full featured shopping cart that can handle lots of items, with lots of pricing discounts, specials, new items, product categories, etc., then you will need to learn how to do some simple tasks (not quite programming, but it may feel a bit like it) to make osCommerce (or equivalent) work how you want. If you just have a few items, then paypal, alone, might be all you need.

Regards,

Scott

With oscommerce You do have paypal and paypal ipn to use.

You need to put in your paypal id thru admin configuration.

It is pretty simple and straight forward.

Also to test You can launch sandbox and do the testing.

i suggest Paypal IPN to be used.

If You want to collect payment on Your site then go fpr paypal WPP.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Backa few months ago I was also new to osCommerce but I purchased a book on Amazon written by David Mercer entitled "osCommerce: Beginner's Edition". It expplained a lot of things about osCommerce including configuring various options including how to use PayPal IPN module for PayPal paymat least the Beginner's Edition. Also remember that your Merchant Account to accept VISA, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover payments has nothing to do with PayPal and you need to configure a separate module in osCommerce to accept credit card payments. You have to set up as separate Business account with PayPal and they have a "sandbox" for their test environment.

Hi - I am new to osCOmmerce too. I installed and activated PayPal 1.3 module and everything seems to work - that is to say that I go through check out and do the payment and even receive it on my Pay Pal account - but the order status never changes. I still have 0 pending and 0 processed orders. What is wrong?

Thanks so much for your help.

BTW, if you need a URL - http://large-kippah.com/catalog