• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

oscommerce-2.2rc1's version of ipn.php

gags_78

Hey folks,

I recently upgraded my site to oscommerce-2.2rc1 and noted that the ext directory associated with the IPN contribution is already there?

What's the story?? Has Terra's IPN contrib been merged into the head project? If so does the vanilla paypal method now support credit card processing?

Thanks,

Mark.

I asked asked a similar question when RC1 was first released, here is what I got.

Hi Ano..

It is based on v1.1 of the official osCommerce PayPal IPN contribution found here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

It would be a good idea to try the newer modules out on a test installation before upgrading them on your live shop installation.

I took the trouble to briefly compare these 4 'versions' of paypal ipn ( the one come with RC1, 2.2 by Terra, 1.1 by Mark and the very original 1.0), and I would say the above statement is basically correct: the differences (judging by the number of lines changed) between v2.2 and the RC1 version are much more than those between v1.1 or v1.0 by hpdl and RC1.

The above conclusion also applies to the ipn modules.

Ken

Well, I have to own up to making a mistake. For easy integration the best version to use for a default osCommerce Pay Pal IPN module is 1.4 and not 2.2. Edith (Terra) soon corrected me on that, which wasn't difficult as she works in the next office.

Vger

Hope this helps, as i still have not activated IPN or upgraded to a newer version, your best bet is to probably post in the official IPN thread and they would be able to help you with any problems you come across while upgrading to RC1

Powered By osC 2.2RC2a STS 4.5.8 - HTC 2.6.3 - FP 1.5.9 - BCH 1.0.0

Thanks a million 1848. Cheers for getting back to me.

I got a bit confused with the last section there on the easiest integration?

You mentioned the best version to use was 1.4 and not 2.2??

But their different projects aren't they? Paypal contrib v1.4 and OsCommerce2_2?

Thanks,

Mark.

From what I gathered was if you was to upgrade or integrate any of the other Paypal modules the best to use for the easiest integration is 1.4 and not Terra's 2.2 and that was coming from Terra herself.

They are different projects, but I think they may conflict with each other or something, I have not messed around with this yet as I am working on other contributions to get my site the way I want it first customer side and then i will work on the other side of things including trying to integrate one of the Paypal modules as well as the Google Checkout Module.

I think our best bet is to search the official thread and go from there, as even though I am not sure which version of IPN I am going to use, I am leaning towards Terras.

Hopefully somebody else has asked the same question.