• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I am really frustrated and disappointed

mycreativewishes

Eek a lot of code!

No in the admin panel. Banner Manager and then click on the banner, edit and then second line down is the place to put the URL

Below is a screen shot of what is in my admin panel. I don't have a folder for Banner Manager. Only banner_manager.php. Am I missing something?

Joe

adminbanner.jpg

Maybe I am missing something!

Anyway, I am not talking about your folders. The admin panel you get when you type www.mysite.com/admin into your browser.

Don't know a lot about these things but think the files just tell it to look in the database and the admin panel is how it gets written in there?

Maybe I am missing something!

Anyway, I am not talking about your folders. The admin panel you get when you type www.mysite.com/admin into your browser.

Don't know a lot about these things but think the files just tell it to look in the database and the admin panel is how it gets written in there?

That did it. I think I'm in love... :thumbsup: . But you're mad and crazy. :lol:

Thanks to all who has helped me figure that out. It was so simple and right in my face. I guess when you look at something so long you overlook the obvious.

Anyway, these posts will help others.

Joe

I wasn't sure if they used the banner manager or hard coded the banner in the footer. Since it is being used with the banner manager this is a easy fix.

This is what you do....

Go to your OSC Admin

Select Tools

Then select banner manger

Click the banner you want to edit and then select edit.

Then just change the Banner URL: to yours and you are set.

Then click update and your are set.

Had he seen post 7 I posted for him, he could have resolved this banner issue a long time ago.

I thought those directions were pretty easy to follow.....

Edited by Silverado05

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

So compared to a couple of years ago this forum is not up to par as it use to be.

I think you are right about that. Actually, it seems to be a general phenomenon. See this article about Help Vampires.

The forums are not that fun either anymore compared to a few years ago. Lot's of time you find out that the person who asks a question knows jack-shit about PHP, HTML, CSS, MySQL, you name it. Then they don't even understand the answer. That becomes very, very tiring.

People who start doing things with osC code should read a beginners book on PHP. At the least.