• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Graith Google Checkout L2 with Shipping

graith

That is a screenshot from MY LIVE SHOP that does EXACTLY what you say it doesn't do. take it or leave it that is proof right there. What difference is it if I post a link or a screenshot the results are still the same. Besides I don't post my link in the forum for easy access to hackers and I really don't care to receive feedback on what people like and don't like about my store.

So such a store does exist and my screenshot proves that. Get over it.

Silverado I was able to checkout your site and was actually amazed how many times ropus module did not time out. However I was able to add a large tent to the cart and still get all zeros for shipping???? I did not fall into your promotion categories either by weight or dollar value. You may want to check your integration log for errors... Looks like you put a lot of work into your site one of the nicest I have seen.

Thank you for the compliment. I have put a lot of work into it but I still have some things that need to be fixed.

I did check my error log and saw three errors because of the time out. That is not the fault of the module though. That is a direct result of UPS taking to long to respond and Google only allows 3 secs before it times out. That is suppose to be addressed by Google and they are suppose to fix this. When they are going to fix this I have no clue. If it did not revert to the default values after the time out I am not sure why because it has in the past.

Another thing that can cause time out issues is if your description of your product is to long and their is a fix for that as well. I just haven't applied it yet.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

I just found the cause of why it didn't revert to the default values. I just configured the free amount yesterday into GC and it shows up first in the array and the default value for that is of course $0 so that is being echoed throughout the rest of the method methods when it times outs instead of the actual default values. That is an easy fix no biggie but I will get to it later. I am going to bed right now.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

I saw the official Google Checkout release. It's a nightmare to install and doesn't work properly with shipping.

I've also seen what happens if you release code that's not ready. People avoid it.

I've got good code that works for the US market OR the UK market and just needs a bit of debugging to make it work properly internationally. There are lots of OSC sites using my code.

I don't have time to make the fixes it needs.

I don't care if it doesn't get released, so if you don't want it, don't have a rant, just ignore the thread.

If you can't be bothered, I can't

I think that there are many people who would like you to post this as a contribution, so we can try it "as is" - without international shipping. One of the main reasons why I need to install the GC contribution is the click through benefits of offering it alongside Adwords, which will (I believe) hugely benefit store sales in the short term (since GC has not yet reached critical mass with Adword competitors). However, I have tried to install the ropu contribution and it doesn't work for me. I would really like to try to install your contribution "as is". I believe only a small proportion of our customers (UK) will use GC, and I don't care about international shipping, I just want something that satisfies Google to show the logo on the Adwords campaign. This will suit us in the short term.

Please advise if you will be adding this as a contribution.

post me both your configure.php minus the DB info.

Ok, I completely changed up my config to hopefully eliminate my weird setup being the issue. I had an extra IP address on my server that I decided to use for the test site, instead of live and test being on the same IP with different ports. I also purchased a separate domain name and SSL certificate just for the test site, so that I could do full testing including SSL, without having to take down my live site. This is something I was planning on doing anyway, so it's not like I did it just to get Google Checkout working. Also, the certificate root (AddTrust External CA Root) is on Googe's list of approved certificate roots. Everything is set up and working great, except for GC of course.

Here are the contents of the configure.php files you asked for (minus sensitive info of course).

Catalog side:

<?php
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mydomain.com');
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.mydomain.com');
 define('ENABLE_SSL', true);
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.mydomain.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.mydomain.com');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'D:/wwwroot/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DB_SERVER', 'removed');
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'removed');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'removed');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'removed');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');
?>

Admin side:

<?php
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mydomain.com');
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.mydomain.com');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.mydomain.com');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true');
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'D:/wwwroot/');
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/');
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', 'D:/wwwroot/admin/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'D:/wwwroot/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

define('DB_SERVER', 'removed');
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'removed');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'removed');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'removed');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');
?>

Here is my Google Checkout configuration:

Google Checkout Module Version
v1.4beta1

Enable GoogleCheckout Module
True

.htaccess Basic Authentication Mode with PHP over CGI?
True

Merchant ID
(Set to proper sandbox ID)

Merchant Key
(Set to proper sandbox key)

Select Mode of Operation
[url="https://sandbox.google.com/checkout/"]https://sandbox.google.com/checkout/[/url]

Select Merchant Calculation Mode of Operation
https

Disable Google Checkout for Virtual Goods?
False

Allow US PO BOX shipping?
True

Default Values for Real Time Shipping Rates
No merchant calculation shipping selected

Rounding Policy Mode
UP

Rounding Policy Rule
TOTAL

Also send notifications with OSC
False

Google Analytics Id
NONE

3rd Party Tracking
NONE

Continue shopping URL.
index.php

Sort order of display.

Here is my sessions configuration:

Session Directory  	/tmp  	 
Force Cookie Use 	True
Check SSL Session ID 	False
Check User Agent 	False
Check IP Address 	False
Prevent Spider Sessions 	False
Recreate Session 	False

This is my API callback URL:

This is the error I get in response_error.log:

Fri Aug 10 0:15:43 PDT 2007:- Shopping cart not obtained from session.

response_message.log is loaded with data. One thing I noticed is lines similar to this:

<session-data>16kfl6tigr8iuvc4bp8t69m0f6;osCsid</session-data>

I changed the actual session id, but it gives you an idea. The exact same session id is in the sessions table in the database. So the session does exist. I also noticed the following lines in responsehandler.php:

if(tep_session_is_registered('cart') && is_object($cart)) {
 $cart->restore_contents();
} 
else {
 $Gresponse->SendServerErrorStatus("Shopping cart not obtained from session.");
}	

That is the code that is writing the error in the log file. I don't know why it errors out at that point, but I'm guessing figuring that part out will solve my problem. At least I hope.

Edited by i960

I see a couple of errors but we will plug away on this tomorrow cause I am sleepy but for starters "Sort order of display.

0" set that to another number besides 0. Set it to your last payment method. It might or might do anything but I know it's not suppose to be set at 0. I also saw another error in your config files but I need to dig in my bug files to get the fix but like I said I am tired so I will get back to you. It will also need to be changed for your shipping to work if you run real time.

I see a couple of errors but we will plug away on this tomorrow cause I am sleepy but for starters "Sort order of display.

0" set that to another number besides 0. Set it to your last payment method. It might or might do anything but I know it's not suppose to be set at 0. I also saw another error in your config files but I need to dig in my bug files to get the fix but like I said I am tired so I will get back to you. It will also need to be changed for your shipping to work if you run real time.

I changed it to 1. Right now GC is the only payment module installed. I'll make sure it's the last one when I add other payments modules.

I use table rate shipping which works perfectly, but I would like to know what needs to change to get real time shipping working, as I might use it in the future.

I installed the responsehandler_test.php program and ran it. This is the result:

HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error

Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 15:29:03 GMT

Server: Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8e PHP/5.2.3

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.3

Set-Cookie: cookie_test=please_accept_for_session; expires=Sun, 09-Sep-2007 15:29:03 GMT; path=/; domain=www.mydomain.com

Content-Length: 40

Connection: close

Content-Type: text/html

Shopping cart not obtained from session.

Time to response: 0.25728011131287 segs

Note: This script MUST response in less than 3 sec. so GC srv doesn't timeout.'

Same error as before.

Set:

Force Cookie Use: False

Set:

Check SSL Session ID: True

Set:

Prevent Spider Sessions: True

About the real time shipping I will help you with that once we get this working. I have a fix for that as well, but one thing at a time and we can work from there.

Set:

Force Cookie Use: False

Set:

Check SSL Session ID: True

Set:

Prevent Spider Sessions: True

About the real time shipping I will help you with that once we get this working. I have a fix for that as well, but one thing at a time and we can work from there.

SUCCESS!!! That did the trick. The weird thing is it has to be exactly like that for it to work. I tried setting "Force Cookie Use" to False previously and it did not work. For whatever reason, changing "Check SSL Session ID" to True AND changing "Force Cookie Use" to False is the only combination that works for me. Now the question is, what are the ramifications of setting "Force Cookie Use" to False? What exactly does that setting do?

As far as the real time shipping goes, that's not something I'm even remotely worried about right now. We have no intentions on using anything other than table rate shipping for the time being, which works flawlessly. The pricing we have set up is very simple for customers to understand and is totally fair. In most cases we break even or lose a dollar or 2 on the shipping, but our profit margin easily absorbs that. The only time we charge more for shipping than the actual cost is for very small items that can be sent via regular mail.

Thank you SO much for your help on this. Even though GC is not something I really care to use, my employer is going to be very happy having it work properly. This has been a thorn in my side for months.

Yea this module works very well it just has some kinks to to work out which are getting there and people to need to be accurately educated on it. All it takes is just a few settings to get it working properly which each persons shop. I think setting "Check SSL Session ID: True" was the main things because the errors you were getting "Shopping cart not obtained from session." was that. So after looking over your settings I noticed you had that set to false which if it is trying to connect via SSL then that needed to be set to true. You really don't want to set your cookies to true anyways. So it is good that it is set to False.

When your ready to set up real time shipping then let me know. That should be a breeze now.

In order to accurately support this module and so people are not confused because of the tittle of this thread I have made a new thread for support for the OSC Google Checkout Module. So please direct all support questions to that thread if you are using that module so we can let this one die or be used for the other module should he chose to release it.

Offical Google Checkout module for osCommerce Support Thread

-Thanks

• 5 months later...

I would love for there to be a fully working GoogleCheckout module. At the moment I have the "official" module which simply does not work correctly and has little to no support. For months I have been trying to get it to work on a UK store and have faced hurdles all along the way and had no replies to my questions... most annoying.