• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Graith Google Checkout L2 with Shipping

graith

As you know, I was the first to produce OSC code for Google Checkout payment in July 2006. I got paid for my time and now it's released to UK market, I'm almost ready to release it to the community.

It works within Google's Terms and conditions by having a button on the shopping cart page and works with calculated and complex shipping modules (by calling their code properly). It also works with vouchers and PHP 5, but I've had trouble getting international shipping working, not because of an inability, but because I'm now so busy with other work that I won't get time to fix it, so it's time to release it.

It also handles refunds, partial refunds and partial charging.

The trouble is though that if I publish it straight away, someone will download the first version before the international shipping is working. Does anyone have time and seriously good PHP skills to work with me to produce the first version fit to release to the community?

PM me please.

Don't waste my time if you're not capable of debugging complex PHP. I'll give you email guideance but if I had the time, I'd be doing it myself.

Graith, England

graith dot co dot uk

sorry, but Google Checkout L2 & Google Checkout IPN already exist and support PHP4 & PHP5 without any single problem!

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

That doesn't make any sense. If you want to release it to the community, release it to the community and you might find someone willing to spend the time fixing the missing portion. Your "don't waste my time because it's more valuable than yours" attitude sends up some red flags in my mind, as though you're doing this for a client and just looking for free development. If I'm wrong, I look forward to seeing another Google Checkout module in the contribs.

Alex has a good point, though. There are already pretty well-rounded Google Checkout modules available that don't have the problems you described above. What would this one add to the offering?

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

That doesn't make any sense. If you want to release it to the community, release it to the community and you might find someone willing to spend the time fixing the missing portion. Your "don't waste my time because it's more valuable than yours" attitude sends up some red flags in my mind, as though you're doing this for a client and just looking for free development. If I'm wrong, I look forward to seeing another Google Checkout module in the contribs.

Alex has a good point, though. There are already pretty well-rounded Google Checkout modules available that don't have the problems you described above. What would this one add to the offering?

ditto....

Don't need another GC cluttering the contribution section. We have got to the point now where Ropu's module has gotten the bugs worked out even for heavily modified carts. IMO you are better of just saving it for paying clients.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

ditto....

Don't need another GC cluttering the contribution section. We have got to the point now where Ropu's module has gotten the bugs worked out even for heavily modified carts. IMO you are better of just saving it for paying clients.

I can't believe it Silverado after all your flaming of Ropu you are rejecting a module that actually works. Dynamo how many installs have you done for cash after getting free QA done here? You guys are unreal hypocrites.

Edited by dmason2

Dynamo how many installs have you done for cash after getting free QA done here? You guys are unreal hypocrites.

1) The PayPal WPP project is completely free and open to the community and not one of my products. I volunteer my time to develop the module and store owners volunteer their time to test it and send feedback. Is that not a fair trade?

2) The hundreds of hours I've spent developing and supporting the PayPal WPP module (nearly 2 years and 131 pages of support) has nixed any small gains I've made from installing the module for various store owners.

The Google Checkout module works fine. Perhaps you should try one of the latest versions.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

The Google Checkout module works fine. Perhaps you should try one of the latest versions.

It doesn't work fine. Latest 1.4 + default install of osCommerce = no orders in admin. I've done everything as suggested and nothing works. And people are still having problems with shipping. My problem with table rate shipping went away with 1.4, but plenty of others still have problems. I'd like to see this version get released before everyone runs him off. Whatever his motives are doesn't matter to me.

The trouble is though that if I publish it straight away, someone will download the first version before the international shipping is working.

There are plenty of people who have no use for international shipping. If everything else works as stated, you should release it. You'll be much more likely to get help with the international shipping if the code is out there for everyone to see.

I saw the official Google Checkout release. It's a nightmare to install and doesn't work properly with shipping.

I've also seen what happens if you release code that's not ready. People avoid it.

I've got good code that works for the US market OR the UK market and just needs a bit of debugging to make it work properly internationally. There are lots of OSC sites using my code.

I don't have time to make the fixes it needs.

I don't care if it doesn't get released, so if you don't want it, don't have a rant, just ignore the thread.

If you can't be bothered, I can't

I saw the official Google Checkout release. It's a nightmare to install and doesn't work properly with shipping.

I've also seen what happens if you release code that's not ready. People avoid it.

I've got good code that works for the US market OR the UK market and just needs a bit of debugging to make it work properly internationally. There are lots of OSC sites using my code.

I would say the official GC is not ready either, but no one seems to be avoiding it at all. If your code works great for everything but international shops, then why not release it with a note stating that international support is not there yet? Like I said, plenty of shops don't ship internationally. My shop for instance will only accept orders from the US, and that is something that will never change. We do accept orders over the phone from any country and we will ship internationally, but the online store itself is US only. I would love to help you debug this, but my PHP skills are probably not up to par. My opinion is that your GC module doesn't need to be 100% perfect for it to be released and be successful. It just needs to be better than what we have.

I challenge you to provide one link to a store using Ropu's module that computes dynamic shipping from UPS USPS or Fedex without falling to default values.

I can't believe it Silverado after all your flaming of Ropu you are rejecting a module that actually works.

You are completely correct and with my flaming of this module and since I have been in personal contact through Ropu from him about this module requesting help in getting this module working with heavily modified shops. 1.4 is more stable then any other release. I have OVER 50+ contributions installed. You name it I probably have it and they all work with Ropu module after some coding. I respect a lot more what he is doing and it does work if you just give it time. If you remember I also stated that I completely support this project and wanted to get it working. It was because of my ranting that got progress from this module. You can ether sit back and do nothing and wait for others to fix thing or lead revolution and make changes for the better. A term I like to use "It shit or get off the pot". My ranting has done thing because I made myself a leader and not a follower and not things are getting done and progression is being made on this module and I have no problem helping others get this going as I have already done. You can say what you want about me or this module. But fact of the matter is I didn't give up and It is working now because of my ranting and their is nothing you can say about that because I have results to prove this.

No one knows that graith's module works, if you are going to release it, then release it don't talk it up saying it's better then tell me I have to pay for it. Sounds like an attempt to get people to pay for it.

It doesn't work fine. Latest 1.4 + default install of osCommerce = no orders in admin

And people are still having problems with shipping

Have you checked your sessions settings in OSC Admin? Have you got your module settings set up correctly? Do you have SSL? What integration errors are you receiving from Google? I have not seen any posts from you explaining these problems. I had problems with this as well but got ti figured out and I am more then willing to help anyone that needs it. My shipping is working correctly as well.

Nightmare to install??? It is a lot easier then most of these contributions listed here that people use. Add some code to a few files then the rest is uploading files. If you can't handle that you have no business installing or operating a site period. My shipping works fine and I am using Free amount, UPS Choice, and USPS XML ALL WORK FINE.

I will highly agree with you on this statement and I have made that rant about this current GC module. It was not ready for release but I think it is becoming more stable. Besides Google wasn't going to release one so at least someone was making an FREE effort in putting something out for the OSC community and allowing the community to assists in the development of this module which you are not wanting to do. Without it OSC would not have a Module period and OSC users would be behind when it comes to Google Checkout.

I don't have time to make the fixes it needs.

Then release it and quit BSing about it. Like I said above, "Shit or get off the pot" Let the community sort out the debugging problem. To my knowledge that is what this community was formed for.

I challenge you to provide one link to a store using Ropu's module that computes dynamic shipping from UPS USPS or Fedex without falling to default values.

Sure thing...... Here ya go, Anything else?

The time outs people receiving are because of Google not the module.

Not to mention I have it passing BuySafe Module, Discount Coupons, Shipping Insurance etc. The only thing it doesn't pass which is being worked on as we speak is attributes.

gcexampleih9.png

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Have you checked your sessions settings in OSC Admin? Have you got your module settings set up correctly? Do you have SSL? What integration errors are you receiving from Google? I have not seen any posts from you explaining these problems. I had problems with this as well but got ti figured out and I am more then willing to help anyone that needs it. My shipping is working correctly as well.

I was planning on posting about it, but then the Google Checkout thread was deleted. Since then I've been too busy with other things to deal with it. Also, the problem I'm having was talked about countless times in that big thread and none of the solutions listed worked. I've checked all settings and removed/reinstalled the module countless times. I do have SSL, and it doesn't work with or without it, and it doesn't work in production or sandbox. My response_message.log is filled with data from Google. Anytime I change the order status in Google, it updates response_message.log. On the Integration page, I get the following error:

We encountered an error trying to access your server at http://www.mydomain.com/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php -- the error we got is: Send failed with code: 500. Response body was: Shopping cart not obtained from session.

Please note that I've removed the actual domain name, and I get the same error with https as well.

I also get the "Shopping cart not obtained from session." error in my response_error.log file. The readme file for GC states this:

7. Problem: (/public_html/googlecheckout/logs/response_error.log)

Tue Nov 28 8:56:21 PST 2006:- Shopping cart not obtained from session.

Solution: Set to False admin->configuration->session->Prevent Spider Sessions

configuration (Thx dawnmariegifts, beta tester)

Side effects: You'll see spiders as active users.

Solution 2 (Recommended): Remove any string like 'jakarta' in the includes/spider.txt

There is nothing even remotely like 'jakarta' in my spiders.txt file, and setting Prevent Spider Sessions to false does nothing. I also set Force Cookie Use to false temporarily, and that didn't help either. At this point I don't have a clue what the problem is. Everything that has worked for other people doesn't seem to work for me.

This is slightly off topic, and probably not the best place for this. But I just thought I would warn you guys that one of the other Google Checkout contributions had a virus uploaded as the latest update. It's this one here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4373

Do not try to download the file from today. I've already contacted Harald about this, so hopefully it gets removed soon.

I was planning on posting about it, but then the Google Checkout thread was deleted. Since then I've been too busy with other things to deal with it. Also, the problem I'm having was talked about countless times in that big thread and none of the solutions listed worked. I've checked all settings and removed/reinstalled the module countless times. I do have SSL, and it doesn't work with or without it, and it doesn't work in production or sandbox. My response_message.log is filled with data from Google. Anytime I change the order status in Google, it updates response_message.log. On the Integration page, I get the following error:

Please note that I've removed the actual domain name, and I get the same error with https as well.

I also get the "Shopping cart not obtained from session." error in my response_error.log file. The readme file for GC states this:

There is nothing even remotely like 'jakarta' in my spiders.txt file, and setting Prevent Spider Sessions to false does nothing. I also set Force Cookie Use to false temporarily, and that didn't help either. At this point I don't have a clue what the problem is. Everything that has worked for other people doesn't seem to work for me.

In Admin>Configuration>Sessions> Set Check IP Address to False

Spider sessions can be what every you want them to be true/false no difference in this module.

Have you have .htaccess Basic Authentication Mode with PHP over CGI? set to TRUE then you need to make sure your .htaccess is set up. If it is not I can give you the link to set this up. It is included in the 1.4 installation to set it up and add it automatically.

Other then that make sure your callback URL is setup correctly. if you are using https in the URL make sure it is selected as well in the module.

Give that a shot and get back to me with any errors you might receive and what your current settings are.

it does work if you just give it time.

Silverado I did not ask for a screenshot post a link to a live store that computes shipping without falling back to default values for UPS USPS or Fedex using Ropus module. Such a store does not exist.

In Admin>Configuration>Sessions> Set Check IP Address to False

Spider sessions can be what every you want them to be true/false no difference in this module.

Have you have .htaccess Basic Authentication Mode with PHP over CGI? set to TRUE then you need to make sure your .htaccess is set up. If it is not I can give you the link to set this up. It is included in the 1.4 installation to set it up and add it automatically.

Other then that make sure your callback URL is setup correctly. if you are using https in the URL make sure it is selected as well in the module.

Give that a shot and get back to me with any errors you might receive and what your current settings are.

Check IP Address is set to false. I actually had PHP over CGI set to FALSE, and no .htaccess set up. I set it to true, and used the htaccess.php program to create the .htaccess/.htpasswd file for both sandbox and production. The result is a completely different error. Now I get this on the Integration page:

We encountered an error trying to access your server at http://www.mydomain.com/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php -- the error we got is: Send failed with code: 401. Response body was: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>401 Authorization Required</title> </head><body> <h1>Authorization Required</h1> <p>This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.</p> </body></html>

If I try to access either http://www.mydomain.com/googlecheckout/ or http://www.mydomain.com/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php directly, I get the typical password dialog popup. Putting in the correct username/password for either sandbox or production doesn't work. I get the same error Google is seeing. I recreated the .htaccess and .htpasswd files 3 times and checked and rechecked that my merchant ID and key are correct. I also checked that the API callback URL is correct. So now I'm thinking something is up with my server. This is what I have:

Windows Server 2003 SP2

Apache HTTP Server 2.2.4

PHP 5.2.3

MySQL 5.0.41

I actually tried setting PHP over CGI to true once before and setting up .htaccess, but changed it because of this exact problem.

it does work if you just give it time.

Silverado I did not ask for a screenshot post a link to a live store that computes shipping without falling back to default values for UPS USPS or Fedex using Ropus module. Such a store does not exist.

That is a screenshot from MY LIVE SHOP that does EXACTLY what you say it doesn't do. take it or leave it that is proof right there. What difference is it if I post a link or a screenshot the results are still the same. Besides I don't post my link in the forum for easy access to hackers and I really don't care to receive feedback on what people like and don't like about my store.

So such a store does exist and my screenshot proves that. Get over it.

Check IP Address is set to false. I actually had PHP over CGI set to FALSE, and no .htaccess set up. I set it to true, and used the htaccess.php program to create the .htaccess/.htpasswd file for both sandbox and production. The result is a completely different error. Now I get this on the Integration page:

If I try to access either http://www.mydomain.com/googlecheckout/ or http://www.mydomain.com/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php directly, I get the typical password dialog popup. Putting in the correct username/password for either sandbox or production doesn't work. I get the same error Google is seeing. I recreated the .htaccess and .htpasswd files 3 times and checked and rechecked that my merchant ID and key are correct. I also checked that the API callback URL is correct. So now I'm thinking something is up with my server. This is what I have:

Windows Server 2003 SP2

Apache HTTP Server 2.2.4

PHP 5.2.3

MySQL 5.0.41

I actually tried setting PHP over CGI to true once before and setting up .htaccess, but changed it because of this exact problem.

I noticed your URL is http and not https, what do you have it set as in the module http or https you need to have it set to reflect the URL. I would just work stritcly with it as https because in production it has to be https.

I noticed your URL is http and not https, what do you have it set as in the module http or https you need to have it set to reflect the URL. I would just work stritcly with it as https because in production it has to be https.

I've tried it both ways, and I do set it correctly in the module each time. I try not to test with https too often because I have to bring my live site down to do it, which usually means doing it late at night. My setup is kind of odd. It goes something like this:

Live/Production Site:

osCommerce 2.2 MS2

Google Checkout 1.3

IIS 6.0 running on port 80

PHP 4.47

This setup runs all the time, and the SSL certificate is tied to it on port 443. This one has the same exact issue I'm reporting here. The only difference is that IIS does not support .htaccess files. So I enable IIS's built in Basic Authentication, and then I have to set up user accounts and set appropriate permissions on any directories or files I want to protect.

New/Test Site:

osCommerce 2.2 RC1

Google Checkout 1.4

Apache 2.2.4 running on port 8080

PHP 5.2.3

Since you can't have two web servers running on the same port at the same time, I chose to install Apache on port 8080. When I'm doing my testing, I start it manually. Everything works beautifully. I just have to put :8080 at the end of the .com and it works. osCommerce is set up so all the links will have the port number in them, and the Google Checkout API Callback URL is set with the appropriate port. I really don't think this is causing my issue, as I get the same problem with IIS. I also get the same problem when I shut down IIS and make my SSL cert work on Apache. I've tested it with everything set to https in both production and sandbox modes. For all intents, it's working exactly like a production setup.

Now eventually IIS is going to go away and everything will be on Apache. It wasn't my choice to use IIS in the first place and it's been a huge pain in my ass, so I'm changing it. At this point my new site is nearing completion, and I'm ready to move forward without Google Checkout functioning completely. It's already working that way on my live site. We don't get very many GC orders, so it's not a huge deal to keep track of the orders in 2 different places. If you can think of anything obvious that I'm missing, I sure would appreciate it, but it's not the end of the world. I wouldn't take too much time out of your day to help me. Hell, I don't even want to use GC at all, but the people with the money want it on there, so I do what I can.

Another thought I had. My response_message.log is filling up with data each time I test. I can only assume by looking at it that this data is coming from Google. If this is incorrect, please tell me. If that's the case, then that means Google is able to successfully communicate back to my server. Note that this only occurs when I have the PHP over CGI set to FALSE and no .htaccess/.htpasswd files. I'm actually curious as to the reason for password protecting this folder, but that's beside the point. So if Google can communicate back to my server, and all of the order information is there and correct, then what is stopping the module from updating admin with that data and then clearing the shopping cart? That's the only reason I'm thinking it's something wrong with the module. It could very well be that I don't have it set up wrong or something is wrong on my server, but I just don't know what it is.

I've asked this before, but it got deleted with the big thread. I would like to see some sort of flow chart explaining exactly how this module works and what connects to what at each point of the process. I think that would greatly help myself and others to trouble shoot it.

Well I think some of you problem is you are working with two different versions. 1.3 on your live and 1.4 on your test. Their are major differences in the two. I could not get 1.3 to work at all but on my test site. Once I upgraded to 1.4 on my production live site everything came full circle.

Just so were on the same page do this. work with 1.4 and set your module like this.

Enable GoogleCheckout Module

True

.htaccess Basic Authentication Mode with PHP over CGI?

True

Merchant ID

YOUR ID

Merchant Key

YOUR KEY

Select Mode of Operation

https://sandbox.google.com/checkout/

Select Merchant Calculation Mode of Operation

https

Disable Google Checkout for Virtual Goods?

False

Allow US PO BOX shipping?

True

Default Values for Real Time Shipping Rates

Shipping is that big of a deal right now, we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Rounding Policy Mode

UP

Rounding Policy Rule

TOTAL

Also send notifications with OSC

False

Google Analytics Id

NONE

3rd Party Tracking

NONE

Continue shopping URL.

index.php

Sort order of display.

YOUR CHOICE

Make sure with your ID and key there is not extra spaces before or after place your cursor in front and behind to double check.

Set check IP in sessions to False.

set the call back URL to https://www.YOUDOMAIN.com/googlecheck/responsehandler.php

I would honestly install this on the live production site and just set it to sandbox when you are not working on it you can set "Enable GoogleCheckout Module" to False that way it doesn't show but you won't loose your settings and you can pick up where you left off when you go back to working on it. You need to get this working on the server that will be hosting this.

Get that set up like that and come back with what errors you are receiving, but upgrade to 1.4 and we will go from there.

Well I think some of you problem is you are working with two different versions. 1.3 on your live and 1.4 on your test. Their are major differences in the two. I could not get 1.3 to work at all but on my test site. Once I upgraded to 1.4 on my production live site everything came full circle.

I would honestly install this on the live production site and just set it to sandbox when you are not working on it you can set "Enable GoogleCheckout Module" to False that way it doesn't show but you won't loose your settings and you can pick up where you left off when you go back to working on it. You need to get this working on the server that will be hosting this.

Get that set up like that and come back with what errors you are receiving, but upgrade to 1.4 and we will go from there.

I should clarify. My "Test" site is going to become my production site soon. I had so many old outdated contributions installed on my live site that I decided to start fresh while upgrading to RC1 at the same time. The current production site is going away soon, and as such I don't want to put any time into working on it. Also, the live/test sites are both on the same physical server that we own, and they are the only sites on it.

I think my best bet at this point is to hold off on GC until my test site becomes my live site. That way there is no going back and forth and it will be running on port 80 like it should. 1.4 is already working better on the test site than 1.3 is on the live site, so I'm happy with that at least. I will try again when everything is live and report back my findings. Maybe it will solve my problem, maybe not. I just really don't think this is a settings issue. I've gone over them a million times and tried every combination I could think of. I've even set it up exactly as you listed. I'm starting to think it's a problem with my servers configuration or a problem with the module that only shows up with certain server configurations. I ruled out other contributions being the cause by installing Google Checkout first and testing with only it installed. I think when I start working on it again I'm going to insert a bunch of debug code into the module to try and make sense of the program flow and see where it is hanging up.

post me both your configure.php minus the DB info.