• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Price Break Contribution

homewetbar

Support forum for Simple Price Break Contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4658

This contribution allow prices break for products based upon the number of units ordered.

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an excellent contrib that is easy to install, however I would really like to be able to show the customer how much they are saving by buying more in the shopping cart.

For example: Say I buy 10 of something and the normal price is $15 but the discount price is $10 for qty 10+ I would like it to show the price marked out and a $10 price listed so they know they are saving money...

Has anyone been able to do this?

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

Is anyone using this contribution? If so can you please provide a screenshot of how it looks in your site or a link to your site? I would like to know how it looks but the information for the contribution only says that "it adds a tab to your product description" I would like to see how this looks before I implement this on my live server. Thanks

It looks like this, on the product page but you can change it to look however you want:

Buy more, save more

Up to 4 $25.00

5 to 8 $23.00

9 or more $20.00

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! Im working on testing this with Separate Pricing Per Customer version 3.5 which I have installed some time ago, but I have a question:

What does this line do?:

find (l281) :

$products_price = $specials['specials_new_products_price'];

add BEFORE :

// Simple Price Break

if( $products_price > $specials['specials_new_products_price'] )

and

What does this line do?:

find (l223) :

add BEFORE :

// Simple Price Break

These two lines are not used in the Separate Pricing Per Customer version and I want to know what things they may impact before I ignore them.

Thanks for the work being done in making this great contribution even easier to install.

It looks like this, on the product page but you can change it to look however you want:

Buy more, save more

Up to 4 $25.00

5 to 8 $23.00

9 or more $20.00

Thanks! Im working on testing this with Separate Pricing Per Customer version 3.5 which I have installed some time ago, but I have a question:

What does this line do?:

find (l281) :

add BEFORE :

// Simple Price Break

and

What does this line do?:

find (l223) :

add BEFORE :

// Simple Price Break

These two lines are not used in the Separate Pricing Per Customer version and I want to know what things they may impact before I ignore them.

Thanks for the work being done in making this great contribution even easier to install.

Buy more, save more

Up to 4 $25.00

5 to 8 $23.00

9 or more $20.00

Support forum for Simple Price Break Contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4658

This contribution allow prices break for products based upon the number of units ordered.

I have installed this contrib and have a problem.

On the shopping_cart.php page when I update the cart, to test to see if adding extra products invokes the discount, only sub total has the discounted amount and not the total.

For example. When you buy 1 unit it costs` $3.50. When you buy 5 units it costs` $3.00 a unit. Well, the total amount states 5 units as $17.50 and the sub total states the correct amount of $15.00.

The total amount is the amount which is transferred to the next page. How can change the code so the total amount becomes the sub total amount?

Ice.

SEO

Hi, I have the contribution installed and I don't see the inssue you are describing. You said that "the total amount states 5 units as $17.50 and the sub total states the correct amount of $15.00." but my shopping_cart.php shows only a sub-total in the cart, not a total... can you be more specific? It sounds like

sort order, tax calculation or another contribution conflicting with this one. It may even be a setting in your shopping cart configuration in admin. The first thing I would do is double check the edits you made to shopping_cart.php and make sure everything is exactly right.

I have installed this contrib and have a problem.

On the shopping_cart.php page when I update the cart, to test to see if adding extra products invokes the discount, only sub total has the discounted amount and not the total.

For example. When you buy 1 unit it costs` $3.50. When you buy 5 units it costs` $3.00 a unit. Well, the total amount states 5 units as $17.50 and the sub total states the correct amount of $15.00.

The total amount is the amount which is transferred to the next page. How can change the code so the total amount becomes the sub total amount?

Ice.

Hi,

Please can someone explain how to do the following:

Step 2

SQL code :

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_discount` VARCHAR( 128 ) ;

Do I have change something in my SQL file and then re-install it?

All the other steps seem straight forward.

Regards

John

Hi,

Please can someone explain how to do the following:

Step 2

SQL code :

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_discount` VARCHAR( 128 ) ;

Do I have change something in my SQL file and then re-install it?

All the other steps seem straight forward.

Regards

John

Pop the statement into mysql or your database editing tool. Google mysql for instructions on how to use it.

I tried it now a complete day and it does not calculate the prices right.

I put already the backup files back and made the changes again in case I made a mistake and tripple checked everything.

Either I make the same mistake again and again or something in the code is wrong.

Both is not very probably.....

Url: mod-chip.bz/catalog

I put a copy of

categories,php

product_info.php

shopping_cart.php

at www.mod-chip.bz/ so if someone is interested they can be downloaded.

Please help!

Hi,

I have just checked it and it appears fine, 2 x psmode chips at $17 for two, puts $34 in the cart.

Cheers

John

I tried it now a complete day and it does not calculate the prices right.

I put already the backup files back and made the changes again in case I made a mistake and tripple checked everything.

Either I make the same mistake again and again or something in the code is wrong.

Both is not very probably.....

Url: mod-chip.bz/catalog

I put a copy of

categories,php

product_info.php

shopping_cart.php

at www.mod-chip.bz/ so if someone is interested they can be downloaded.

Please help!

what i mean is what this means in the instructions

Step 2 : pass the SQL Order

also ... do I replace all of the 'define' options in the language page?

thanks in advance.

Weather you think you can, or you think you can't. Your right.

Hi,

I have just checked it and it appears fine, 2 x psmode chips at $17 for two, puts $34 in the cart.

Cheers

John

The 1.2 vesion did not work, I switch to an older one but did not investigate why this is.

Nice contribution but a few things would be nice , like :

1) Showing the lowest price when looking into the products page. For instance should show the 10+ Price, not the 1+ Price.

2) Would be nice if the prices are updated automatically when changing quantity during checkout, rather than clicking on update all the time. I mean even I keep forgetting to click on update sometimes.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

I have installed simple pricde break from contribution section. But the problem is it is not irrespective of attributes. eg. If I set a pricebreak from 2 products and a product 'x' is available in 2 colours say blue and red, if I buy 2 red or 2 blue product x, it shows discount. but if add 1 blue product x and anther product x of color red it does not show the discount. It counts the quantity of products with same attribute. I need the discount of per product's quantity irrespective of attributes.ie if my discount starts from 2 product-quantity, it should show discount even if I buy 1 red and 1 blue.Can somebody tell how to fix this problem

I have installed simple pricde break from contribution section. But the problem is it is not irrespective of attributes. eg. If I set a pricebreak from 2 products and a product 'x' is available in 2 colours say blue and red, if I buy 2 red or 2 blue product x, it shows discount. but if add 1 blue product x and anther product x of color red it does not show the discount. It counts the quantity of products with same attribute. I need the discount of per product's quantity irrespective of attributes.ie if my discount starts from 2 product-quantity, it should show discount even if I buy 1 red and 1 blue.Can somebody tell how to fix this problem

This is an oscommerce 2.x issue. oscommerce by default does not handle attributes as you are describing properly so this contribn will not either...

I have just installed this contribution on osCMax 2.0.0-RC3-0-1 and everything appears to be working fine except when I click on Cart Contents and proceed through the checkout process, the individual prices all show $0.00 to the right of the product but the Sub-Total shows the correct amount.

Remove Product(s) Qty. Total

2.5'x4' Banner Flag 1 $0.00

2'x3' Navy 1 $0.00

Sub-Total: $62.80

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm willing to pay if necessary.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, now we've been using this contribution on our site for quite some time, without any problems. Great tool!

But now a question raises...

We would like to exclude one specific customer from the pricebreaks.

We use this particular account for cash orders, placed outside the webshop.

Is this possible, without much alteration?

Marcel

• 1 month later...