• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Firefox issue?

webination

On occasion ( I suspect only with firefox) customers click to retun to my web site but orders are not processed. Instead they end up at the home page and not at the checkout_success.php. The result is the rder is lost after the payment is processed.

As I mentioned this only seems to be a problem with Firefox. Anyone else having this issue? I am tired of trying to recover the details of orders.

What payment method is this happening with, Pay-pal, GC, CC Gateway, etc,

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

I use Internetsecure. I am not convinced it is an issue with them however. The link back should process the order. I am not sure if it is possible for the payment processor to fowl up that part of the process. >_<

Interesting enough Firefox may not be the cause of the problem. All I can really say is some customers are not returned to the checkout_success.php page. the are directed instead to the index.php page. This is hard to diagnose. Unless customers actually tell you they clicked to return to the site it may be assumed that the customer just did not finish the process correctly. I think the best way to go forward is to find out who has this sort of problem. The symtoms are payments are processed but the shopping cart is not converted to an order. My efforts to recreat the problem purely on my end haave been unsuccessful.

Interesting enough Firefox may not be the cause of the problem. All I can really say is some customers are not returned to the checkout_success.php page. the are directed instead to the index.php page. This is hard to diagnose. Unless customers actually tell you they clicked to return to the site it may be assumed that the customer just did not finish the process correctly. I think the best way to go forward is to find out who has this sort of problem. The symtoms are payments are processed but the shopping cart is not converted to an order. My efforts to recreat the problem purely on my end haave been unsuccessful.

Just curious how many users have a lost order problem? I know there are fudge solutions and I have used many of them such as recover cart etc.

I suspect many OScommerce sites if not most encounter some lost orders in the course of a year. I would love to hear how you have worked around the problem and what the predominate reason for the lost order on your particular store. I am not sure if it is worth investigating further as to various root causes.

If the customers are actually returning to your site from the external payment pages not having their orders process it is normally a sign of sessions problems - it may not always show itself depending upon cookie settings.

You need to make sure that the return url you are passing to the payment processor contains the session id under all circumstances so that sessions are not dropped when they try to return.

Tom

If the customers are actually returning to your site from the external payment pages not having their orders process it is normally a sign of sessions problems - it may not always show itself depending upon cookie settings.

You need to make sure that the return url you are passing to the payment processor contains the session id under all circumstances so that sessions are not dropped when they try to return.

Tom

Very interesting. This would explain the variability of the problem. Any hints on how to investigate this further? It is the best idea yet. I will do some poking around with session ids. Could this have anything to do with how I host the site or could it be some kind of time out issue.

Very interesting. This would explain the variability of the problem. Any hints on how to investigate this further? It is the best idea yet. I will do some poking around with session ids. Could this have anything to do with how I host the site or could it be some kind of time out issue.

I have looked at all the session ids being passed back and they all look good. the only explanation then becomes an issue of sessions being deleted or expiring before order completion. What might be the causes of this?