• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support Tickets

Sen

Guys

What am I missing?

I only get a box containing text instead of a preview of the previous notes.

i.e. instead of getting this in a preview style wioth line breaks between each comment I get this:

New Ticket system test.<Hr><font color=red>Tuesday 04 February, 2003</font><br>New Ticket system test.

My addition.

It is showing the code in the comments box too, rather than taking this out and showing it as previous notes on the ticket.

What have I missed here??

CC.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I see Greg has the 'Your ticket' heading in support_ticket_alter.php

But I have just added the latest from CVS and I dont have this on mine.

All I have is the 'Add to ticket box', accept mine is named differently.

hmmm...

I have missed something somewhere.

Give us a shout if you spot what I've buggered up.

ta.

CC.

Is it possible to put all of the pieces together and resubmit in contrib section here? Have been trying to follow the forum, and save the editted files from cvs, but I think I must be missing something - for example - the admin area is missing it's language files when you actually click on any of the links under the support system box - also, tracking the ticket isn't working at all, getting sql errors so I must be missing something there as well.

just thought it would be easier to update the contrib here as well.

Okay a new package has been uploaded to the contributinos sectio

[ur]lhttp://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,936[/url]

A lot of changes have been made, database included, if installing over existing copy, simply replace all your existing files with the enclosed, and run the following sql statement on your database

ALTER TABLE support_tickets ADD ticket_status TINYINT(1) DEFAULT "1" NOT NULL

Remove all defines related to this script form english.php, and also application_top.php

And add the follwoing

in english.php -> include('includes/languages/english_support.php');

in application_top.php -> include('includes/application_top_support.php');

If installing form scratch just follow the instructions

Instant idiot......Just add mud !!

Another minor goof, copied afile I ahd been editing, but not saved, nothing major, just add the following to application_top_support.php

define('FILENAME_SUPPORT_TICKET_ALTER', 'support_ticket_alter.php');

:lol:

Not sure why you are getting that, I have just uploaded a new version of the support_details.php which lives in catalog/includes/modules, you can find it at the link below, try that  

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs...ort_details.php

:oha: :stupid:

I dont suppose anyone has noticed I can be a complete tit sometimes?? :?

I completely forgot to update that file.

Cheers dave.Working bang on at the moment.

CC.

Some files have been changed to accomodate the new files, links, defines etc, so its best just to replace all you existing files.

All you need to do after that is run the alter table query on your database, and away you go.....hopefully

okay got the module up and running!! No problems (made it easier to have all the files :D ) So here is a brain dead question - I wanted to use the login box provided so the support option only showed once logged in. In the login box, it obviously calls to the standard greeting - so here is what i would like to do - I would like to remove the standard greeting from the main default area and have it only list in the login box...

help...

BTW, you may need to add the following to catalog/includes/application.php or application_top_support.php depending on what you are using

define('FILENAME_SUPPORT_TICKET_ALTER', 'support_ticket_alter.php');

Missed that when merging the files togetehr.

Another small things is in support_ticket_alter on line 97 uncomment the tep_mail statement otherwise it will not send emails out

Going to have to leave you all for tonight, if you have any comments suggestions for iprovements, either email me or post htem here and I will look into them tomorrow.

Thanks to Greg and CC for their help

Cheers lads

Okay, sorry to this, but some more changes have been made, only file, and it is available on the cvs (link below)

The file is support_track.php, it is a direct replacemtn, so just download, and overwrite your existing file. It has an improved layout on the tracking screen (cheers Greg), and also features a facility to truncate the ticket subject, replacing anything over * number of charecters with a ...

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs...upport/catalog/

Try it let me know what you think.

BTW to change the number of characters display goto line 149, and look for the following (towards the end of the line)

cutstr($history['customers_domain'],5)

Simply change the 5 to whatever number you require

great mod, I have only one problem, when changing the status I get the following.

thank you

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 503 5.0.0 Need RCPT (recipient) in C:Inetpubairsoftupgradesadminincludesclassesemail.php on line 460

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:Inetpubairsoftupgradesadminincludesclassesemail.php:460) in C:Inetpubairsoftupgradesadminincludesfunctionsgeneral.php on line 18

The admin side is working great, the posting of tickets by customers works great, but the customer can't track a ticket. Also is there a way to have an admin have permission to this page only.

THanks

great work

I installed the new support_track.php in catlalog and get the follwoing:

1054 - Unknown column 'support_user_name' in 'field list'

select ticket_id, support_user_name, support_user_email from support_tickets where support_user_email = 'AEG'

[TEP STOP]

Thanks for the help

Fixed that by changing to customers_email_address.

Now this error.

1146 - Table 'localstore.table_ticket_history' doesn't exist

select max(support_history_id) as support_history_id from TABLE_TICKET_HISTORY where ticket_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

checking the sql table on this to make sure it is in there.