osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support Tickets

Sen

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have altered the domain field to Subject, it fits my circumstance much better.

Also, it would be nice to add the ticket number to the email subject.

Easy addition too, and makes it easier for the user to search their mail software's inbox via the subject header.

It is an easy addition, but is it one you are doing already?

Or should I do it and send you the additions code?

Maybe you guys dont want it, but i feel a ticket number in the emails subject is a lot more efficent.

Ditto on the congrats too matey.

Friggin great mod. :wink:

CC.

If you can do the change, and let us have the code, I will upload to the cvs, and make all the changes, I am stuck with the edit / delete tickets at the moment, should have it finished soon though

Instant idiot......Just add mud !!

I've made some changes to the layout of the Ticket History Table to make it a bit more intuitive for the user.

Here's what it looks like:

new_ticket_history.gif

Here are the necessary changes for support_info.php:

<td width="70%" valign="top"><table border="1" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="smallText" align="center" width=20%><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_NEW_VALUE; ?></b></td>

<td class="smallText" align="center" width=20%><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_NEW_DEPT; ?></b></td>

<td class="smallText" align="center" width=20%><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_NEW_ADMIN; ?></b></td>

<td class="smallText" align="center" width=40%><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMER_NOTIFIED; ?></b></td>

</tr>

<?php

$orders_history_query = tep_db_query("select new_value, old_value, date_modified, customer_notified, old_department, new_department, old_support, new_support from " . TABLE_TICKET_HISTORY . " where ticket_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['ticket_id'] . "' order by support_history_id desc");

if (tep_db_num_rows($orders_history_query)) {

while ($orders_history = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_history_query)) {

echo '          <tr>' . "n" .

'            <td class="smallText">' . $orders_status_array[$orders_history['new_value']] . '</td>' . "n" .

'            <td class="smallText">' . $support_department_array[$orders_history['new_department']] . '</td>' . "n" .

'            <td class="smallText">' . $support_assign_array[$orders_history['new_support']] . '</td>' . "n" .

'            <td class="smallText" align="center">';

if ($orders_history['customer_notified'] == '1') {

echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'tick.gif', ICON_TICK);

} else {

echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'cross.gif', ICON_CROSS);

}

echo '          </tr>';

}

} else {

echo '          <tr>' . "n" .'            <td class="smallText" colspan="4">' . TEXT_NO_ORDER_HISTORY . '</td>' . "n" .

'          </tr>' . "n";

}

?>

</table></td>

And in includes/languages/english/support.php, change values for TABLE_HEADING_NEW_XXXX

- Greg

I think that at least giving the user the option to close their ticket will be useful. Perhaps deleting it is a bad idea - a customer who gets the 'wrong' response to a question may be prone to delete their ticket and claim ignorance... Then the admin won't have proof of his communication.

Perhaps "deleting" on the user end would just put it into an "invisible" (for the customer) status??

and, a discovery:

If you track tickets with none in your history, the resulting error text was not defined in includes/languages/english/support.php:

define('TEXT_NO_PURCHASES', 'You have not submitted any Support Tickets.');

- Greg

Wecould do that, by adding a field to the tickets database table to mark the ticket visible or invisible, when they opt to delete the ticket, its status is changed from 1 to 0 and the ticket disappears fromthjeir view, but not hte admins

yes maybe such field should be usefull to set

Readed Ticket (by admin) use to display an icon in box ????

New Answered Ticket (for user) use to display an icon in box when you answer

Readed Ticket by User ?

Closed Ticket By User

Closed Ticket By Admin ?

K, to get ticket number in subject of email sent to customer, change line 69 in admin/support.php to read this:

tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT . ' #' . tep_db_input($oID), nl2br($email), STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

Nice easy mod.

I just think it helps.

Personally I dont like the idea of letting the user delete the ticket either, but the invisible mode I DO like.

CC.

Minor improvement for support_track.php:

Around line 229:

Replace:

} else {

new infoBox(array(array('text' => TEXT_NO_PURCHASES)));

}

?>

</td>

</tr>

With:

} else {

new infoBox(array(array('text' => TEXT_NO_PURCHASES)));

}

?>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align=right><table cellpadding=2><td><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SUPPORT, 'action=new', 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_new_ticket.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td></table></td>

</tr>

And put this button (or one like it) in includes/langauages/english/images/buttons:

button_new_ticket.gif

Just adds a Submit New Ticket button:

new_ticket_add.gif

Okay, here we go, I have just upload to the cvs server, a modified support_track.php file, that allows for editing of submitted tickets, and alos deletion (hiding) of tickets

I have included Greg's alterations to the ticket_info page, giving a much cleaner presentation, cheers Greg.

The files are straight replacement, with a few minor sql changes, but the is an alter table instruction in the install.txt file, besure to carry this out, otherwise it will not work.

When a customer, goes to delete a ticket, it's stauts is actually set to 0 making it invisible to the customer, but not the admin.

I am not going to commit to this just yet, lets get some people trying it, and see how we go..

CC's instructions above add the Ticket # to emails from admin.

Here's how to add ticket# to the first email that goes to the user upon initial ticket submission:

in catalog/support.php, around line 70:

$email_text .= EMAIL_THANKS . EMAIL_TEXT . EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING;

tep_mail($support_user_name, $support_user_email, EMAIL_SUBJECT . ' #' . $ticket_id, nl2br($email_text), STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

David,

Thanks for the updates. Everything seems to be working well. My only concern so far is the Edit capability. While it is important for the user to be able to update their ticket, we may not want to allow them to actually edit text already submitted. Touched upon before: if a disgruntled user were to change the text of his original query after your response, he could potentially wreak some havoc.

Example:

Question: How much will it cost for 1 month of hosting?

Answer from Admin: $19.95

Question (edited by user): How much will it cost for 1 YEAR of hosting?

Answer from Admin: $19.95

By printing out the new ticket and providing it as evidence or contract may then legally bind you to the user's terms...

Perhaps we should think more in terms of Adding to the Ticket than Editing it?

Thoughts?

- Greg

Ok.

I have just got home, and am trying to follow this again now.

But I have missed the new files for the "edit" & "delete options".

Are these now in the new file: support_ticket_alter.php ??

Along with the addition to the DB?

CC.

K, never mind.

I think I have got all the files and additions that I need.

Although, I dont appear to have gotten the right file to stop the user editing the previous notes on the ticket.

Has this been added to CVS yet?

CC.

We might also want to consider defining an email address for each Ticket Admin.

That way, when the ticket is assigned to a new admin, they could receive email notification, plus any responses by the user could go to them directly.

- G

Greg, just checkout your test account, I llike the line break you have, is is just an image seprator.

BTW, I have ammended the alter routin again on the cvs, it now checks to see if any additional text has been entered, if it has, it adds it to the existing text, if not nothing is changed (text wise anyway)

Dave