osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support Tickets

Sen

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I enter the catalog as a guest and click on 'Open a ticket', the page goes to my normal login page (which I would expect), I fill in my login information and it returns to the catalog index page, showing me logged in (again maybe OK, but I would expect to go directly to the Support Ticket pages), and if I click on 'Open a ticket' again, it kicks me out of being logged in and returns to the login page.

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Not sure why it is doing that, I have tried to going in as a guest, getting redirected to login, and then continuing straight to support request, however, try commenting out line 109 in catalog/support.php, that line should be :-

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILEANME_DEFAULT));

Try that see if that solves the problem.

Instant idiot......Just add mud !!

No joy...

Commented out

//       tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILEANME_DEFAULT));

Same result: From catalog index, click on 'Open a ticket', it takes you to the normal login page, log in and it returns you to the catalog index page (logged in), click on 'Open a ticket' again and it logs you out and returns to the login page - endless loop from what I can tell.

You may try it at http://farmex.now.tc/catalog/index.php (box is at top of column_right)

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

For all concerned there will be an updated version based on the cvs repository, avaialble for download at http://www.puddled.co.uk/scripts.php

We will keep the cvs server updated with all minor changes, additions and enhancements, so as not to clog up the contributions server. This file will be updated daily, and will have all the latest files included

It all seems to work well for me, accept for the track ticket Elari has mentioned.

I get this whenever trying to track a ticket:

1054 - Unknown column 'support_user_name' in 'field list'

select ticket_id, support_user_name, support_user_email from support_tickets where support_user_email = ''

[TEP STOP]

Other than this it all worked flawlessly following your install.htm, so that is well written.

I havent looked into the reason behind the track ticket problem, I am trying to get my head around the rest of it. And there is plenty! :shock:

Well done tho, it seems great.

Integrates nicely, only 1 issue.

No doubt Elari will have that sorted in no time, he is very quick like that! :wink:

I'll keep watching for updates, and will post any if and when i find some.

CC.

CC, the problem has now been partially corrected, if you look in the catalog/includes/boxes/support.php file, you will see the second link points to FILENAME_SUPPORT_TRACK, '?action=search'

Simply change the search to show_tickets, then try it

Argh gotcha!

I guess when you say partially fixed, you mean that I can see the tickets now, but when you click to view the tickets this is what is seen:

1044 - Access denied for user: 'testuser@localhost' to database 'support_ticket_history'

select max(support_history_id) as support_history_id from support_ticket_history.php where ticket_id = '3'

[TEP STOP]

Are you guys getting this, just to make sure we are on the same wavelength...?

Cheers

CC.

To link to Support Tickets from My Account, I replaced my Notifications button (not a feature I use).

Use this in place of the Notifications button toward the bottom of account.php:

<td align="center" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SUPPORT_TRACK . '?action=show_tickets', '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_tickets.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_SUPPORT) . '</a>'; ?></td>

Here's a new image:

button_tickets.gif

Then, define IMAGE_BUTTON_SUPPORT in includes/languages/english.php

- GDW

Hi Elari

Sorry I misunderstood your last post.

Was that a reply to Greg's query about emails not being sent on an update to ticket? Cos I dont recall ever even uploading a application_top_support.php file... (I might be an idtio and missed it tho)

The reason I ask, is that updated email notifications are not working for me either when I change a ticket and notify the customer.

thanks

CC.

CC,

There was a mistake in the cvs version of support.php for hte admin, however this has now been corrected, and is correct, goto the cvs server to downlaod the correct file.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs...min/support.php

The application_top file elari is talking about is a change in that instead of adding all the lins in the install manual to your existing application top file, you simply include the new file. bit cleaner but just as functional. If you already have it working as is then leave it

LOL

Ok never mind I get ya, I just couldnt quite understand what Elari was saying.

I have looked at the CVS file now and see what you mean. Soz.

The correction in application_top was the deleting of the .php on one of the lines right?

Greg already mentioned it to me.

So has anyone found what the problem is regarding the mailing out confirmation of an update to a ticket to the customer?

Cos I am suffering with it too.

CC.

yes :)

1/ now need to add a way to ropen ticket for answering

2/ add autocomment in ticket like i made for orders_status

orders_status_define_autocomment.gif

so that auto comment is automatically added to answer when you chaneg status (we have received your request, your request is detailed in our faq please reread them carefully...))

3/ it seems some string are not using foreign language in support_track

Demande Support

Submited tickets

Num?ro Ticket :- 1

4/ congratulation :)

We might also consider allowing the user to define a Subject for their ticket so as to keep their Ticket Tracking screen easy to navigate. Along those lines too, perhaps giving the user the option to delete a ticket from their side.

Great work so far!

- GDW