• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support Tickets

Sen

Ok everyting seemes working.

Now it is the time to add this small patch to this cool contribution.

When someone opens a ticket in the shop, then I reply to the ticket and I change the status from "open" to "replied" it will be nice if the customer can open it again!!!!!

Because sometime the customers needs to add a question and it is stupid to let him open again a new Ticket for each answer.....

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, trying to get this contrib to work - here are my questions:

when I click to submit a ticket I get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'General' in 'where clause'

select * from pd_ticket_dept where department_id = General

if I choose the general dept and the same error but with different column error depending on the dept chosen

also in admin, if I try to do a search by ticket number and click submit - I get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_SL in /home/virtual/site35/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/pd_admin_tracking.php on line 123

when it redirects to pd_admin_tracking.php

any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Well you could say no contributions are being supported.

Remember this is open source.

They give it to you, you do what you need to to make it work.

As far as the original owner goes, see if they dont mind you dropping them an email.

I am gonna put this on soon aswell, so if I can help I will reply in this thread so we can keep on improving this, as it does seem to be a very good mod for OSC.

CC.

Well you could say no contributions are being supported.

Remember this is open source.

They give it to you, you do what you need to to make it work.

As far as the original owner goes, see if they dont mind you dropping them an email.

I am gonna put this on soon aswell, so if I can help I will reply in this thread so we can keep on improving this, as it does seem to be a very good mod for OSC.

CC.

Steve,

I worked on adding this mod before but had one hell of a time with the code. But then again I was in a rush last time.

I think this time around I'll take my time and try and get it to work. I'll keep the thread going as I think this is a great mod for OSC.

Well that is the main thing.

If a good number of us can keep it going, at least we can help to improve it.

Looking at this thread you might find that the problems u experienced last time, might have cleared up a bit.

I will certainly feedback what I can, where I can.

CC.

support ticket is written by dave puddled

for some i have no more info about the mod but 2.6 was working

i had made some little change in admin to define support for multilanguage and submitted them to dave but have no answer from now....

dave made a great job, but as Harald published a support ticket contrib, we have to wait if it will be included in MS1 before making many work for something that should have to be removed.

here is the change i made to add department in multilanguage

<?php

/*

$Id: pd_ticket_config_action.php,v 1.1 2002/11/21 13:54:30 puddled Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 Puddled.co.uk

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" class="columnLeft">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE_ADMIN; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td widht="100%"><br><br></td>

</tr>

<!-- insert ticket suppport here -->

<?

//lets start by displaying the availalbe admin options for ticket maintenance

if ($action == "delete") { ?>

<form action="pd_ticket_config_action.php" method="post">

<table border="0" width="70%" height="60" class="formArea">

<tr><tr>

<td class="formAreaTitle">Confirm Delete</td>

</tr>

<td width="100%" height="30" align="left" class="main" colspna=2 class="main">Please confirm you wish to delete the following from the database</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="50%" height="30" align="center" class="main"><? echo $status_name . tep_draw_hidden_field('status_name'); ?></td>

<td width="50%" height="30" align="center" class="main"><? echo $status_id . tep_draw_hidden_field('status_id'); ?>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" align="center"><BR><input type="hidden" name="action" value="confirm_delete" >

<input type="submit" > </td>

</tr>

</table>

</form>

<?

}

if ($action == "delete_user") { ?>

<tr><tr>

<td class="formAreaTitle">Confirm Delete</td>

</tr>

<td width="100%" height="30" align="left" class="main" colspna=2 class="main">Please confirm you wish to delete the following from the database</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="50%" height="30" align="center" class="main"><? echo $support_id . tep_draw_hidden_field('support_id'); ?></td>

<td width="50%" height="30" align="center" class="main"><? echo $support_name . tep_draw_hidden_field('support_name'); ?>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" align="center"><BR><input type="hidden" name="action" value="confirm_delete_user" >

</tr>

</table>

</form> <?

}

if ($action == "add_status") {

$languages = tep_get_languages();

for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($languages); $i++) {

$ticket_status_inputs_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('customers_status_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']');

}

?>

<tr><tr>

<td class="formAreaTitle">Add New ticket Status</td>

</tr>

<td width="30%" height="30" align="left" class="main">Enter new status name</td>

<td width="70%" height="30" align="left" class="main"><?

echo $ticket_status_inputs_string;

// echo tep_draw_input_field('new_status');

?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" align="center"><BR><input type="hidden" name="action" value="insert_status" >

</tr>

</table>

</form>

<?

}

?>

<? // end of option one, track by number and department

// option two, track by ticket status

?>

<?

if ($action == "add_user"){

?>

<tr>

<td class="formAreaTitle">Add support team member<br><BR></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="40%" height="30" align="left" class="main">Please enter the details of th new member below :-</td>

<td width="60%" height="30" align="center" class="main"> </td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="30%" height="30" align="left" class="main">Enter User name</td>

<td width="70%" height="30" align="left" class="main"><? echo tep_draw_input_field('new_user_name'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="70%" height="30" align="left" class="main"><? echo tep_draw_textarea_field('new_user_comments', 'virtual', '60', '5'); ?></td>

</tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" align="center"><Br><input type="hidden" name="action" value="insert_user">

</tr>

</table>

</form>

<?

}

?>

<? // now insert the "by department query "

if ($action == "confirm_delete") {

tep_db_query("delete from ". TABLE_PD_TICKET_CONFIG . " where status_id=" . $status_id ."");

?> <table border="0" width="70%" height="60" class="formArea">

<tr><tr>

<td class="formAreaTitle">Status Removed</td>

</tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="50%" height="30" align="center" class="main">The request status has now been removed from the database

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center"><BR><a href="pd_ticket_config.php">Return to Configuration</a></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?

}

if ($action == "confirm_delete_user") {

tep_db_query("DELETE FROM ". TABLE_PD_SUPPORT_TEAM . " where support_id=" . $support_id ."");

?>

<tr><tr>

<td class="formAreaTitle">Operation completed</td>

</tr>

<td width="100%" height="30" align="left" class="main" colspna=2 class="main">User Removed</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="50%" height="30" align="center" class="main">The erquested user has been removed from the database</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center"><BR><a href="pd_ticket_config.php">Return to Configuration</a></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?

}

if ($action == "insert_status") {

tep_db_query("INSERT INTO ". TABLE_PD_TICKET_CONFIG . " values('', '". $new_status . "')");

?>

<tr><tr>

<td class="formAreaTitle">Operation Completed</td>

</tr>

<td width="100%" height="30" align="left" class="main" colspna=2 class="main">Insert succesful</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="50%" height="30" align="center" class="main">The new ticket status has been inserted into the database</td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

</table>

<?

}

if ($action == "insert_user") {

tep_db_query("INSERT INTO ". TABLE_PD_SUPPORT_TEAM . " values('', '" . $new_user_name . "', '" . $new_user_comments . "')");

?>

<tr><tr>

<td class="formAreaTitle">Operation complete</td>

</tr>

<td width="100%" height="30" align="left" class="main" colspna=2 class="main">The new support team member has been added to the database</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="100%" height="30" align="center" class="main">The request to add a new support team member has been completed</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" align="center"><BR><a href="pd_ticket_config.php">Return to Configuration</a> </td>

</tr>

</table>

<?

}

if ($action == "modify_user") {

$support_details_query = tep_db_query("select * from ". TABLE_PD_SUPPORT_TEAM . " where support_id=". $support_id . "");

$support_details = tep_db_fetch_array($support_details_query);

?>

<tr>

<td class="formAreaTitle">Modify support team member<br><BR></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="40%" height="30" align="left" class="main">Please enter the new details of the member below :-</td>

<td width="60%" height="30" align="center" class="main"> </td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="30%" height="30" align="left" class="main">Supporter ID</td>

<td width="70%" height="30" align="left" class="main"><? echo $support_id . tep_draw_hidden_field('support_id'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="70%" height="30" align="left" class="main"><? echo tep_draw_input_field('new_user_name', $support_details['support_name']); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="30%" height="30" align="left" class="main">Enter User comments</td>

<td width="70%" height="30" align="left" class="main"><? echo tep_draw_textarea_field('new_user_comments', 'virtual', '60', '5', $support_details['support_comments']); ?></td>

</tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" align="center"><Br><input type="hidden" name="action" value="modify_user_confirm">

</tr>

</table>

</form>

<?

}

if ($action == "modify_user_confirm") {

$user_name = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['new_user_name']);

$support_comments = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['new_user_comments']);

tep_db_query("update ". TABLE_PD_SUPPORT_TEAM . " set support_name = '". $user_name . "', support_comments = '" . $support_comments . "' where support_id = '" . $support_id . "' ");

?>

<tr><tr>

<td class="formAreaTitle">Operation complete</td>

</tr>

<td width="100%" height="30" align="left" class="main" colspna=2 class="main">The support team member's details have benn updated</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="100%" height="30" align="center" class="main">The request to update the support team meber has been completed</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" align="center"><BR><a href="pd_ticket_config.php">Return to Configuration</a> </td>

</tr>

</table>

<?

}

?>

<!-- end of ticket support insert -->

</table>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');?>

and needed query change

###################################################################

#Change Made 2M1123

ALTER TABLE `pd_ticket_data` ADD `customers_id` SMALLINT( 5 ) NOT NULL ;

#Change Made 2M1129 Since these value are no more in the query

#You can make any change to the content on these query until dave finish to work on

#multi language data..

#INSERT INTO pd_ticket_dept VALUES("1","Sales");

#INSERT INTO pd_ticket_dept VALUES("2","Billing");

#INSERT INTO pd_ticket_dept VALUES("3","Support");

#INSERT INTO pd_ticket_dept VALUES("4","General");

#INSERT INTO pd_ticket_priority VALUES("1","Low");

#INSERT INTO pd_ticket_priority VALUES("2","Medium");

#INSERT INTO pd_ticket_priority VALUES("3","High");

#ADDED ELARI 2M1125.... But not yet used.. don t need them for instance

#ALTER TABLE `pd_ticket_dept` ADD `language_id` INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL ;

#ALTER TABLE `pd_ticket_priority` ADD `language_id` INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL ;

#ALTER TABLE `pd_ticket_status` ADD `language_id` INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL ;

most undefined column problem is that Dave does not had single quote between value

another way i use to debug such problem is to change the query to make a TEP Stop. so i change upgrade to upgra or insert to inser....

this will let you see the query and understand where is the problem

Sorry, I have not been around to answer questions, but I have been busy with other things just recently. I have been keeping an eye on this thread though and see that there are some problems with the program.

I have also been looking at the contribution Helpdesk for Harold, which seems to accomplish the same aspects of my script. However I ahve noticed that hte email parsong function will only work for people with root access to their servers, which is not everyone.

I think I will look at the code for the package again, and see where it can be improved, and made easier to install. One thing that need work straight away is the tracking of tickets, at present it is a complex number to remember / trace, so that will be the first thing to sort out. If anyone has this program running, and would like to make suggestions, please let me know.

Apologies again for not responding sooner, but paid work comes first :shock:

Instant idiot......Just add mud !!

Sorry, I have not been around to answer questions, but I have been busy with other things just recently.  I have been keeping an eye on this thread though and see that there are some problems with the program.

I have also been looking at the contribution Helpdesk for Harold, which seems to accomplish the same aspects of my script.  However I ahve noticed that hte email parsong function will only work for people with root access to their servers, which is not everyone.

I think I will look at the code for the package again, and see where it can be improved, and made easier to install.  One thing that need work straight away is the tracking of tickets, at present it is a complex number to remember / trace, so that will be the first thing to sort out.  If anyone has this program running, and would like to make suggestions, please let me know.

Apologies again for not responding sooner, but paid work comes first   :shock:

Understandable David.

anything we can do to make this work will be great!

elari - If you try Harald's contribution, you will see it is a very good addition.

But, it is very strictive as David has just pointed out.

Not many have access to root on their servers. And setting this up fully is a real ball ache.

I cant see that it should be added to MS1 as it is not user friendly.

I would say most people would not be able to actually use this side of OSC if it were implemented.

And if it is, then there should at least be a function to turn it off.

CC.

For the following error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_SL in /home/virtual/site35/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/pd_admin_tracking.php on line 123 

when it redirects to pd_admin_tracking.php

There are 6 lines in pd_admin_tracking.php that are causing problems:

LINE 123:

<<<<<<< pd_admin_tracking.php

LINE 126:

=======

LINE 133:

>>>>>>> 1.2

LINE 160:

<<<<<<< pd_admin_tracking.php

LINE 174:

=======

LINE 179:

>>>>>>> 1.2

Comment each of these lines with a // to eliminate error.

Which version is everyone working from at the moment??

Elari seems to be talking about 2.2 from his CVS server, and I think everyone else is talking about the contribution v 2.6 from the contribution section here on OSC.

If we can clear that up, then we can make sure we are all working on the same thing.

Otherwise this could get very confusing.

Elari - Could you tell me what you use, as I would like to work from the same version. i.e. Is it the one on your cvs server?

Cos I will download this if it is.

thanks

CC.

Hi, all

I almost have the new version of support tickets ready for packaging. This version is a complete re-write of the code, functions, and database structure.

My advice at the moment is to stop working on the old version and try the new version (released later today?).

The new version has afull admin interface, similar to that of the order processig system, including ful control over default status, default support user, default prioirty, and departmetns. It has full language capability, although only english will be included (sorry do not speak any other languages :oops: ).

The user interface is refined, requiring a login before a ticket canbe placed. Once tickets are placed they can track them in the same way, they would track an order.

As yet no facility to reopen a ticket, as I did not feel this was a neccessity.

More details later when I upload to the contrib section.

Quality Dave!

Will look forward to that matey.

Hopefully we can all then work on this to make it everything for everyone.

It has full language capability, although only english will be included (sorry do not speak any other languages ).

This is to be exepcted, us English folk are too lazy when it comes to learning new languages. :D

BTW - I am from the UK too, so I can say that with confidence.

Cos I am lazy on that too. :shock: :wink:

Will be waiting for the new version on tender hooks now....

Is it ready yet...?

Is it ready yet...??

Is it ready yet...???

:lol:

CC.

Well at last its here, and available for download, you can find it here :-

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,936

This is a complete redesign and re-write of the original program. Now has a full integrated admin console, and customer console, showing full ticket history, ticket status etc.

Should be a lot easier to use, and a lot less buggy :oops:

I have tested the program, pretty thouroghly, but I am sure to have missed something, so if you find a bug, let me know.

I will be setting up a forum on my site, for this program, so if this one gets to busy, or you do nto get a reply, let us know, I will post the address later.

Any problems / queries / suggestions, let me know

Have fun :D

Sorry one minor typo, in admin/support.php on line 69 change the following

tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_SUPPORT_INFO

to

tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_SUPPORT_TICKET_INFO

nice news dave :)

create a new module on cvs server like support_ticket_v3

and upload all files

for language, create espanol, french & german directory & copy there the same english files. i'm sure somebody will provide these translation

i will make the french translation

One more thing, I forgot to place a link in admin/includes/application_top.php to post the correct link in the customer email so add the following line

define('FILENAME_CATALOG_SUPPORT_INFO', 'suport_info.php');

David;

Another minor detail,  

add the following line to catalog/includes/application_top.php  

define('TABLE_TICKET_HISTORY', 'support_ticket_history');

The contribution has this line in it:

define('TABLE_TICKET_HISTORY', 'support_ticket_history.php');

Which is correct?

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Yep, sorry about this, I posted the corrections in the forum, before posting v1 on the contributions section.

If you are using support system v1, just follow the instructions in teh package, and ignore previous comments in this post

Received the following when opening the admin area:

Warning: Failed opening 'includes/classes/support.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/farmex/public_html/osc/support.php on line 110

I don't see any files in the distribution that are added to the 'classes' folder

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!