Sign in to follow this  
jimmydagoogler

Merge the Manual Order Maker and Order Editor projects into one project

Does anyone support the idea of merging Manual Order Maker and Order Editor into one project?

Has this been proposed before?

Do the code contributors support this idea?

It seems to me that the two contributions are so closely related that merging them would result in one contribution that is a complete and finished product.

People who are searching for a tool for manually editing orders would appreciate a tool that can start an order from scratch, and vice versa would also be true I'd say.

Why not combine the two into one and make it part of the next osCommerce update?

They both qualify for inclusion, I think.

jimmydagoogler

Does anyone support the idea of merging Manual Order Maker and Order Editor into one project?

Has this been proposed before?

Do the code contributors support this idea?

It seems to me that the two contributions are so closely related that merging them would result in one contribution that is a complete and finished product.

People who are searching for a tool for manually editing orders would appreciate a tool that can start an order from scratch, and vice versa would also be true I'd say.

Why not combine the two into one and make it part of the next osCommerce update?

They both qualify for inclusion, I think.

jimmydagoogler

Version 4.0 of Order Editor has had the Manual Order Maker 1.4.2 merged into it.

4.0.2 is the latest version.. there is also version 5.0.. im not sure if it has manual order entry.. however it is not an upgrade to 4.0 .. both 4.0 and 5.0 are upgrades to the 3.0 series.. but they are completely different.

At the moment, the situation is as follows:

Version 5 Beta of Order Editor does not have Manual Order Maker included by default.

When installing version 1.4.2 of Manual Order Maker, the instructions say to install Order Editor also. If you do not do so, Order Maker 1.4.2 won't work.

I am looking for support to help merge these projects.

I think they are a natural progression in osCommerce development.

I even think that if we don't do something to help a merger, it would be to the disadvantage of osCommerce.

I wonder what the code writers of the projects think about this subject?

At the moment, the situation is as follows:

Version 5 Beta of Order Editor does not have Manual Order Maker included by default.

When installing version 1.4.2 of Manual Order Maker, the instructions say to install Order Editor also. If you do not do so, Order Maker 1.4.2 won't work.

I am looking for support to help merge these projects.

I think they are a natural progression in osCommerce development.

I even think that if we don't do something to help a merger, it would be to the disadvantage of osCommerce.

I wonder what the code writers of the projects think about this subject?

I think it would a fantastic mod if they were both merged and working correctly!