• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Extra Images Contrib

php_punk

Hi all, the site I'm working on requires more than one image; an example is for an awning, I need to show it open and closed.

I have seen a contrib called extra images, the instructions have been translated from Portuguese to English, I can follow the instructions, but if I can get this contrib installed I would like to rewrite the instructions to help more people understand how to install.

If anyone has this contrib installed and working can you post a link showing it.

The trouble I am having is the on the the second step. I don't know where or how to import the sql file or alternatively where to add the code! or even if I actually have to...

here are the instructions:

1 STEP: This makes sense backing up is good

BACKUP: Back of its archives before installing any contribution always makes one or making some alteration in the store.

2 STEP: Ok now I'm totally lost! what do i do with this bit? Import extra_images_english.sql to where?

It adds table SQL below in its data base:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS products_extra_images;

CREATE TABLE products_extra_images (

products_extra_images_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

products_id int(11) default NULL,

products_extra_image varchar(64) default NULL,

KEY products_extra_images_id (products_extra_images_id)

) TYPE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Extra images (on products_info)', 'DISPLAY_EXTRA_IMAGES', 'true', 'Display Extra images', 1, 87, '2005-11-17 17:20:36', '2005-10-20 17:40:05', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'false\', \'true\'),');

( Or import the SQL file extra_images_english.sql )

3 STEP: Ok now we are talking on my level, I understand this.

Opens the archive admin/includes/languages/english.php and adds to the codes below before last ?> :

define('BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_IMAGES','extra images');

define('TEXT_PAGING_FORMAT','Page');

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS','Product');

4 STEP: I understand this.

Opens the /admin/includes/filenames.php And add archive the code below in the end of the archive, before the last ?>:

define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_IMAGES','products_extra_images.php');

5 STEP: I understand this.

Opens the /admin/includes/database_tables.php.Add the code below in the end of the archive, before the last ?> :

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_IMAGES', 'products_extra_images');

6 STEP: I understand this.

It opens the /admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php.Find in archive below for the code:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

And add below: I am assuming they mean add below the statement above

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_IMAGES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_IMAGES . '</a><br>' . //Extra images

7 STEP: I understand this.

Add the cod below in catalog/includes/languages/english.php:

define('BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_IMAGES','Extra Images'); //Extra images

8 STEP: I understand this 'loja' is portuguese for store/shop

Opens the /loja/includes/filenames.php and add the code below in the end of the archive, before the last ?>

9 STEP: I understand this 'loja' is portuguese for store/shop

Opens the /loja/includes/database_tables.php and add the code below in the end of the archive, before the last ?> :

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_IMAGES', 'products_extra_images');

10 STEP I understand this 'loja' is portuguese for store/shop

It opens the /loja/product_info.php archive and it looks the code below:

<td align="center" class="smallText"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_added'])); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

Add below: I am assuming they mean add below the statement above

if (DISPLAY_EXTRA_IMAGES == 'true'){

if ($product_check['total'] >= 1) {

include (DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'products_extra_images.php');

}

}

end

This looks like a good contrib and would solve my problem nicely, but, If you know of an alternative that can display at least 3 images and has clearer instructions, please let me know.

But i would still like to clarify these instructions to help everyone else.

Cheers Lee

[Based in UK] oscommerce: 2.2-MS2 | php version: 4.4.7 (zend: 1.3.0) | http server: apache/1.3.37 |

server os: Linux 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 | Database: MySQL 4.1.22-standard

Seems a lot of people are interested in this post but no assistance Hmmm!

[Based in UK] oscommerce: 2.2-MS2 | php version: 4.4.7 (zend: 1.3.0) | http server: apache/1.3.37 |

After a bit of reading, importing the .sql info is possibly done with phpmyadmin, well this is the impression I'm getting all I have to do now is find out how?

If anyone can help with regards to this I be grateful.

Just making backups of all the files.

Hi all, another step closer...

I have worked out how to get to myphpadmin and consequently import the .sql files. Apparently my server uses cpanel and you can login into cpanel in a few different ways. There is secure ssl login and regular login, both require a user name and password.

I was helped along by terrielee, when he showed me how he logs into cpanel, unfortunately that didn't work for me but it was close to what i needed to do, so, I searched for the cpanel website and found the info required.

Terrielee's suggestion is actually correct, but there is more than one way to access the cpanel software. Below is the method terrielee suggested and then the one that worked for me:

• www.your domain/cpanel <-- terrielee's suggestion
  • http://your domain/2082 <-- This one worked for me

This is a quote from a cpanel newbie guide, you can find the complete guide here: cpanel newbie guide

Login to WHM Login to Cpanel

You need to login to your box right well here are a few things to help you. SSL logins are highly recommended for security - please see our Force SSL logins in the Cpanel Tutorials for more details.

* WHM

- Secure SSL https://sitename.com:2087

Notice: Root user should only ever login using the secure HTTPS login!

- Regular http://sitename.com:2086 and http://yourdomain.com/whm

* Cpanel

- Secure SSL https://sitename.com:2083

- Regular http://sitename.com:2082 and http://yourdomain.com/cpanel

* Webmail

- Secure SSL https://domain.com:2096

- Regular http://domain.com:2095 and http://yourdomain.com/webmail

here is the post i started: my other post cross-referenced

regards Lee

Edited by php_punk

Hi all, back again, I have successfully installed the extra images 1.6.1 contribution. the instructions for this are very good and it has an html page with steps in a table and a check box at the side of each step to tick so you know you have done that step.

Hi, Basically it places a centred box at the bottom of the products page with the title Extra images also centred.

One thing I have noticed re the pop windows, is that it didn't fit the image and cropped some of the image from view. I fixed this by opening the popup_extra_images.php and editing this code:

<script language="javascript"><!--
var i=0;
function resize() {
if (navigator.appName == 'Netscape') i=40;
if (document.images[0]) window.resizeTo(document.images[0].width +30, document.images[0].height+60-i);
self.focus();
}
//--></SCRIPT>

where it says height+60-i); change the 60 to 120

I also edited the popup_images.php file doing the same thing as above. the code is near line 29

extra images I have just added a placeholder graphic for now to show you how it would look.

I find the adding of images a bit clumsy but once you have done it a few times it is easier.

regards Lee

Edited by php_punk

thanks Lee, im looking for an image contribtuion that will allow me to have thumbnails underneath the main picture, have you seen anything like that before?

and... How do you think 'Extra Images' compares with the other image contributions that are about, have you tried any of the others?

Hi all, the site I'm working on requires more than one image; an example is for an awning, I need to show it open and closed.

I have seen a contrib called extra images, the instructions have been translated from Portuguese to English, I can follow the instructions, but if I can get this contrib installed I would like to rewrite the instructions to help more people understand how to install.

If anyone has this contrib installed and working can you post a link showing it.

The trouble I am having is the on the the second step. I don't know where or how to import the sql file or alternatively where to add the code! or even if I actually have to...

here are the instructions:

This looks like a good contrib and would solve my problem nicely, but, If you know of an alternative that can display at least 3 images and has clearer instructions, please let me know.

But i would still like to clarify these instructions to help everyone else.

Cheers Lee

What did you add in step 8 Lee I don't see any code ???

8º STEP

Opens the /loja/includes/filenames.php and add the code below in the end of the archive, before the last ?>

Jerry

thanks Lee, im looking for an image contribtuion that will allow me to have thumbnails underneath the main picture, have you seen anything like that before?

and... How do you think 'Extra Images' compares with the other image contributions that are about, have you tried any of the others?

A really good image Contrib is Additional Images 2.0.0 It has about 3 or 4 different layout options for your images, I am about to reinstall this once I finsh with my STS modifications.

Link to contrib http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1032/