• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Canadian Seperate Tax Hack update V1.2-3

bd4rr

For all Canadian store owners:

The Canadian Seperate Tax module has been updated. Find the package here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/downloads.php/co...ions,657/type,3

Fixed rounding bug. (Thanks to Wayne, wayne.powell at cogeco.ca for bug reporting.)

Add configuration option for PST rate.

See readme.txt for more details.

Kenneth Wang

VA3RRW/BD4RR

Kenneth:

Thanks for posting the update to the Canadian Tax Hack, however, I have a question. I am using a CVS checkout prior to Nov 1. Where do I set the PST tax rate?

Thanks much.

~Wayne

Sorry, found it.

In Admin -> Modules -> Order Total -> PST

I saw this before, however, the field was blank and when I tried to put something in it, the value would not take.

I disabled PST and then reenabled it and now the field is labelled "PST Percentage" and it accepts the tax rate.

Very cool.

Thanks again for the mod.

~Wayne

First of all, this is a very useful contribution Kenneth - thanks.

Hate my first post to be so insignificant....but catalogincludesmodulesorder_totalot_tax_gst.php has some extra white space before the opening php tag, this can throw the "warning: cannot add header information...." on the final phase of the purchase process. I just took this out and everything is working great.

I am just starting to play around a bit with this product and getting into PHP/open source community (after years of supporting MS Commerce Server...don't get me started). This really is a first rate product, and the community seems very helpful and supportive. Hope I can contribute something soon.

K

Hate my first post to be so insignificant....but catalogincludesmodulesorder_totalot_tax_gst.php has some extra white space before the opening php tag, this can throw the "warning: cannot add header information...." on the final phase of the purchase process. I just took this out and everything is working great.

Thank you Kyle for the feedback. I have fixed it, and repack the module and number it as 1.2-4.

Wayne, yes you need to disable then re-enable the module to make sure the configuration options get into the database properly.

And this module works for all 2.2 CVS versions.

Please look here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...p?p=77533#77533

Kenneth Wang

VA3RRW/BD4RR