• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Insert Prices With VAT/TAX Inclued

Cmon dont ask silly questions when the code is all there ready for you.

Look thru the main files and see what you find.

here is a hint, application_top.php

Please dont be lazy when it comes to the basics.

Search or at least read it yourself.

CC.

My question was "Please tell me how can i introduce my goods with VAT incued (my vat is 19%)" not how can I show the prices in store with VAT, my difficulty is inserting prices with VAT and in store with VAT becouse this way the prices will not look good (ex. 30.01 USD) when my price is 30.00. Basicly I need to insert the price with taxes inclued.

Well I would love to say I understand what you are talking about but I dont I'm afraid.

You will have to explain in a more logical sense for me to understand and perhaps help....

CC.

John

Look in catlalog/includes :

application_top.php: define('DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX', false); // Display prices with tax (true) or without tax (false)

This is what I said in post #2, but apparently that is not the right answer.

CC.

Thanks for the help but you guys didn't understod my question. My public page is already showing the prices with vat inclued, but my admin page request the prices wihout the VAT this means that if I have a product that

I like to sell att 43.75? with vat inclued i have to price it withou vat in admin and it gives: 43,75?/1.19 (19% is my VAT)= 36.76 , but if I put 36.76 in admin side it is equal to 36.76*19%= 43.74? in the public side. So what i need is to know how if it is possible insert the prices in admin side with vat inclued to avoid this 0,01 differences.

I have the same problem and even in french with french developpers it is difficult to explain it. In a trip to canada I saw prices displayed that way in shops : $ 19.95+tax

In France it is forbidden . we have to display all the prices with taxes included.

There are two ways of working with taxes

Taxes added (US, Canada etc...)Or taxes included (france, others etc...)

taxes added :

For each item I input a price

I input a tax rate

In the shop the price displayed is

('DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX', true) =the result of item price X taxe rate.

With this method the price displayed in the shop is almost always ending with unwanted cents 19.96 instead of 19.95 which is the price I want

('DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX', false) = item price before tax calculation

Taxes included.

For each Item I input the price I want to see displayed in the shop

I input a tax rate.

The price displayed in the shop is the price I want so everything is ok

On the invoice the tax rate is used to split the final price of the item in two values : item price before taxes and taxes.

you will see that there is a contrib called Staffelpreise + Brutto Price in admin (or maybe Netto Price, i don't remember)

Check this contrib and look only for brutto price in admin that will solve your problem.

However this is not so hard to change the admin/categories.php to calculate price without tax when making insert or update and add tax before display in admin