• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Gift Voucher problem

stardrifter

Hi all, I hope someone can help with this problem, I have been trawling through the forums for the last couple of days with no luck in finding a solution...

I am apparently running osCommerce 2.2-MS2 and PHP version 4.4. I had a web designer set up my site with the online store so don't really know too much about it. I have added a contribution for shipping (only because it wasn't really hard!)

The problem is: someone purchases a gift voucher, I receive payment then release it from the queue. They then redeem it and have a gift voucher account balance. They choose what they want to order (in this example say the voucher is worth $400.00 and they order $400.00 worth of products) and proceed through the checkout. They tick the box to use the gift voucher account balance (and do not choose a payment option - available is standard Paypal, bank deposit and cheque/postal order) then they continue through the process and the total comes up correct (total $400, credit balance used $400, balance $0.00) and complete the order with no problems. Then they would log out. But for some reason even though it says in the order that the account balance is being used when they log back in they still have the original account balance! So they can use it again! Not good.... I've also tried sending the gift voucher balance to someone else and that works fine, the account balance drops to zero, but when the recipient redeems the voucher and completes and order same problem, voucher balance is still there (hasn't been deducted.)

I really would appreciate it if someone knows why this is happening and how to fix it, please, please reply with details. Many thanks in advance, this problem is driving me nuts! The only other option I have is to delete the customer in admin once they have received their order, therefore getting rid of their account balance. Then when they go to log back in it will say their account doesn't exist, and they won't be able to see previous orders.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Im having the same problem. In fact its been nuthing but problems.

Most recent is the gift voucher doesnt show new total after coupon is used then doesnt even deduct it when someone pays. I used my own CC just to double check and its not taking it off although on the checkout page it will say "The coupon has been successfully applied for blah blah".

Ive been working on this site for a friend and at this point Im calling in a minute and telling him Im done, its not worth it for the pennies Im charging. Im just gonna tell him be realistic and if you want to play with the big boys and have a big boy store then pay the damn fees and buy a real e-commerce store and then Ill help.

I think the CCGV mod is a one big practical joke on everyone just to make them pull their hair out. In fact look at the supplied files and then read over the files to edit and you will see your edited files dont even match the supplied files, dont waste your time trying to mod the files or use the supplied files. Ive done both and either way it doesnt work plain and simple.

So goodluck and Ive learned from experience you get what you pay for which is why I went from phpbb to vbulletin and from the free mediapc software to meedio back before meedio changed names and each time the switch was well worth it.

Free is good but you better know how to write the entire project so you can constantly fix and debug it.

Look at the bottom of this page, see that IPBOARD, yeah ask them why they pay for ipboard when phpbb is free lol, It will be the same answer im telling you know. Its better the support is better theres more mods better support on the mods and the list goes on and on, just go pay when your ready to launch your store for real.

may all the force be with you

Edited by donmega

well I guess you cant edit your post after like 3 mins (maybe fix that admins?) but what the fully story is that acording to friend using the LINKPOINT CC doesnt charge the correct amount.

I tested the paypal and it looks to be working correctly now, I also tried the psigate test account and it even looks to be working correctly so I dunno.

Thanks for the reply. I paid a web designer quite a bit of money to set up my website (including the store) and they load up a free online store, lovely! So at this point what I'm going to do is delete the account of the person who uses the gift voucher once they've used the total amount of the gift voucher so they can't try to use it a second time. And once that's done I'm going to disable gift vouchers for good!