• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What CC payment module for uk shop

ian_m

I need help finding what payment module to use for the UK,

I have set up the default credit card payment but all this collects is the card number and expiry date, also needed for mail order is the security pin on the back as well as the address, I have scanned though the contributions and cant see one that does this. can anyone point me in the right direction on the best way to do this.

Regards

Ian

for the security code on the card search for "cvv" in the contributions. Please note that collecting card details in this way for processing manually is not only extremely insecure but will leave you liable to large fines from mastercard or visa if fraud happens and loss of your merchant account if you are found to be doing this.

You really need to get an internet merchant account and online payment gateway - some banks/services combine both - some are separate - shop around for fees and rates.

Tom

for the security code on the card search for "cvv" in the contributions. Please note that collecting card details in this way for processing manually is not only extremely insecure but will leave you liable to large fines from mastercard or visa if fraud happens and loss of your merchant account if you are found to be doing this.

You really need to get an internet merchant account and online payment gateway - some banks/services combine both - some are separate - shop around for fees and rates.

Tom

Thanks for the advice Tom, this is my first oscom shop which I am setting up for a friend, yes the plan was for him to process though his machine when orders come in, I had set up the paypal IPN but commision here was just over 3% and his machine is just over 1% so that is why I was wanting to change the payment details that are received.

I will get him to have a word with his bank to find out about an Internet merchant account and then see how setting that up goes. All advice is welcome as I am learning as I go with this.

Regards

Ian