• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Center shop

kewldude_3001

since it'll actually do that, what code from the header and footer do i need to copy and add that to my header/footer, instead of replacing them....??? im not sure if i edited them before so just to be sure i rather not replace.

It probably has <div id="container"> or <div id="wrapper"> or something similar in header.php then you would need a closing </div> in footer.php, two </div> if it has two in header.php. Then you would need to update stylesheet.css with the new rules for container or wrapper (or both).

I use the Center Shop contrib in my site at present, but...

I must admit that I initially installed a contrib you can find called 'Dead Easy Center Thingy'.

For some reason, I thought the Center Shop contrib would accomplish more and it doesn't.

If you want to install something very small, simple and fast to center your website...I recommend Dead Easy Center Thingy. Accomplishes the same thing Center Shop does...with only one file to make one small edit to.

i figured it out but now the prob im having is there is some huge space at the bottom of the store.

this was the name of the contrib: CenterShopv1.0

You can go there to see how it looks now, you might want to see kumarsbookstore.com to see the design there, i was trying to match the store design with the homepage.

http://www.kumarsbookstore.com

https://kumarsbookstore.com/oscommerce/catalog/

you can go there to see what it looks like now, im still editing it, i was thinking about taking the area that says What's New here out, and have everything move up. Also i would like some suggestions/comments on the heading background color i have where it says home >> catalog, also any suggestions for border colors would be appreciated.

This is how it looked before i changed it,

before.jpg

i have the files saved in case i want to change it back. right now i could go with either one but i would like to hear your opinions

nm, i got that section removed, now i was trying to insert a blank line btw the banner and the top section (Top >> Catalog) but nothing worked.

what i tried was i edited the index.php and

<tr>

<td>

<br>

</td></tr> and also instead of <br> i also tried the pixel_trans.gif or w/e that was used to get a line seperator

and it didnt work

• 2 weeks later...

you need to add a height to your <td> tag, so something like this:

<tr>

<td height="75"></td>

</tr>

this example shown is using 75 pixels as a height, play with it to see how much space you want.

Archived