• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate SEO Url 2.1d Installation Problem

I have installed this contribution with the following result. Visit My Website.

I am now not getting my page displayed but part of this contribution.

I would appreciate it if anyone who has successfully made this instalation please offer advice as to what has gone wrong and how to rectify.

Thanks for your help.

My guess is that you uploaded the install.html file from the contribution. There is also a mistake in one of the changes you made which you can see here. You need to read back through the instructions and doublecheck everything.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack

Many many thanks for taking the time to look at my problem.

I have reinstated from a previous back up but still do not get my pages when logging in at www.janitorman.net.

Visit My Website.

However if I click the error message link you provided in your reply to me I do.

Can you perhaps advise what is happening and what I can do to restore correctly.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Jack

I have reinstated from a previous back up but still do not get my pages when logging in at www.janitorman.net.

Visit My Website.

However if I click the error message link you provided in your reply to me I do.

Can you perhaps advise what is happening and what I can do to restore correctly.

Wierd, i click on your link and i go to a version of ur page that has the install instructions on, but jacks link shows ur actual site... but both directed to http://janitorman.net

Im having problems with this contribution as well, sorted out the problem not being able to access my catalog from admin section... added this to SQLdatabase.

ALTER TABLE `categories_description` ADD `categories_seo_url` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL ;

ALTER TABLE `products_description` ADD `products_seo_url` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL ;

Any wayz my problem is when i have enable SEOs set to true i get 404 errors for all my products... Ive followed all the installation instructions and the additional instructions, but with no success. Where should i start with solving this problem?

Adam

Jack

Visit My Website.

Did you check what I already suggested?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Wierd, i click on your link and i go to a version of ur page that has the install instructions on, but jacks link shows ur actual site... but both directed to http://janitorman.net

Im having problems with this contribution as well, sorted out the problem not being able to access my catalog from admin section... added this to SQLdatabase.

ALTER TABLE `categories_description` ADD `categories_seo_url` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL ;

ALTER TABLE `products_description` ADD `products_seo_url` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL ;

Any wayz my problem is when i have enable SEOs set to true i get 404 errors for all my products... Ive followed all the installation instructions and the additional instructions, but with no success. Where should i start with solving this problem?

Adam

That is usually due to having the wrong path set in the .htaccess file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That is usually due to having the wrong path set in the .htaccess file.

Jack

Hi, ive got 2 htaccess files one before the catalog directory and one in the catalog dir... Ive added this file to the one in the /catalog

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Is it somethign in this bit, or in the rest of my file thats wrong, because i think the rest is the stock stuff.

Hi, been busy last few days so not had a good chance to look at this. What is the correct path??? and roughly where should it be placed in my htaccess file. Thanks for any help. I got those HTC working with the super help from this fourm so thanks to all (jack especially).

Adam

It should be

RewriteBase /catalog/

And there should only be one file with the rewrite code in it and that should be in the catalog directory, assuming that is where your shop is located.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It should be
RewriteBase /catalog/

And there should only be one file with the rewrite code in it and that should be in the catalog directory, assuming that is where your shop is located.

Jack

Hi jack my .htaccess file is set to my root catagory, but its under a different name /*****/store, does this matter at all? Is there any other files from the Seo contribution that require me to change it from /catalog to /*****/store????

Ive checked and it is the only htaccess file with the rewrite rule in and its in my catalog route. Should i try changing it to the /***** bit???

Adam

Hi jack my .htaccess file is set to my root catagory, but its under a different name /*****/store, does this matter at all? Is there any other files from the Seo contribution that require me to change it from /catalog to /*****/store????

Ive checked and it is the only htaccess file with the rewrite rule in and its in my catalog route. Should i try changing it to the /***** bit???

Adam

I'm not sure I follow that but try this. Loacated the index.php file for your shop (not the one in the english directory). Edit the .htaccess file that is in the same directory as your index.php. Whatever directory that is should be in the .htacces file. If it is nested, then the full path needs to be entered.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm not sure I follow that but try this. Loacated the index.php file for your shop (not the one in the english directory). Edit the .htaccess file that is in the same directory as your index.php. Whatever directory that is should be in the .htacces file. If it is nested, then the full path needs to be entered.

Jack

Hi, yeah i did i dodgy explaination last time, but basically my htaccess file where my index.php is... is set with the full path of my nested shop entered. :( . What other places could cause a 404 error... When the Seo contribution is turned on my new urls look like this.

http://www.mystore.co.uk/Store/war-elemental-p-86.html

Is there something wrong in this maybe???

Thanks for any and all help.

Adam

If you are on a non-Windows server and the name of the directory is store, then that will fail since it is case-sensitive. If you have other .htaccess files with redirects, which I think you said you did, then that might cause it to fail.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you are on a non-Windows server and the name of the directory is store, then that will fail since it is case-sensitive. If you have other .htaccess files with redirects, which I think you said you did, then that might cause it to fail.

Jack

WoooooooooOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooW, they working they working... THanks alot Jack Mc, its the smallest things that cause the biggest problems. Thanks a billion...

Regards

Adam