• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Featured products mod

Hello

I made some modifications to the Featured Products mod that I will upload as a new version, but I need some help to finish it.

With this contribution you can set a short description for every product, and the idea is to show this short description in the default page.

Everything works great! I can create new products with a short description or not in every language set in the site, I can previsualize the new product, or update it. But (yes.. there is allways a but!)

In catalog/includes/modules/featured_products_short.php (is a modification of featured_products.php) is where I have the code that shows the list of featured products in default.php

<td valign="top" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products_array[$i]['id'], 'NONSSL') . '"><b><u>' . $featured_products_array[$i]['name'] . '</u></b></a><br>' . '<br>' . TEXT_PRICE . ' ' . $products_price; ?></td>

I'd like to show the short description in that cell.. but I can't do it! I know that I have to take the value from catalog/includes/modules/featured_products.php

$featured_products_query = tep_db_query($featured_products_query_raw);

while ($featured_products = tep_db_fetch_array($featured_products_query)) {

$featured_products_array[] = array('id' => $featured_products['products_id'],

'name' => $featured_products['products_name'],

'shortdescription' => $featured_products['products_shortdescription'],

'image' => $featured_products['products_image'],

'price' => $featured_products['products_price'],

'specials_price' => $featured_products['specials_new_products_price'],

'tax_class_id' => $featured_products['products_tax_class_id'],

'manufacturer' => $featured_products['manufacturers_name']);

}

But if I add $products_shortdescription or $featured_products_array[$i]['shortdescription'] nothing seems to be working..

Some help?

Emiliano

my english really sucks.. but i hope that someone could understand what i'm trying to say...

I understand you, and I agree this would be a fantastic addition.

But...

As the English say, I'll be buggered if I can help you. :lol:

I hope someone can cos this would be great.

Usually Matice is good for help about now...

Yoo Hooo Mattice, you there?? :wink:

CC.

I made my first ever contribution!!!!! woooohoooooo :D :D

At the moment I'm with many exams at the university, but later I will upload the contribution as a package.. just wait, it's really a great contribution, I'm sorprised that I made it!!

Cheers

Emiliano

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what this is? Getting this on catalog/default.php page - the admin side is working great.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'rand() DESC limit 9' at line 1

select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, s.status as specstat, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price from products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id left join featured f on p.products_id = f.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and f.status = '1' order by rand() DESC limit 9

[TEP STOP]

Jared Geesey