• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Free Shipping showing up when not installed

charmdiva

I've been testing my store and tested with an order over $100 for the first time. For some reason, when I go to checkout, it is giving free shipping for orders over $100. I don't see in admin where I would disable this. I haven't installed any contribs for free shipping, unless something was piggybacked with another contrib. Any idea where I would disable this?

Thanks

if you look in modules you will have some choice of how to charge postage if you are working on price rather than weight in table rates you will have the option to set the price mine reads 25:2.50,49.99:4.00,100:5.00 which would indeed give free shipping to any orders over 100 if you want to charge postage on orders more than 100 just change it to something like 25:2.50,49.99:4.00,500:5.00

hope this helps

if you look in modules you will have some choice of how to charge postage if you are working on price rather than weight in table rates you will have the option to set the price mine reads 25:2.50,49.99:4.00,100:5.00 which would indeed give free shipping to any orders over 100 if you want to charge postage on orders more than 100 just change it to something like 25:2.50,49.99:4.00,500:5.00

hope this helps

check admin->modules->order total modules->shipping

maybe you have enabled free shipping on oders over a certain value like here:

Order Shipping Cost

Display Shipping

true

Sort Order

Allow Free Shipping

false

Free Shipping For Orders Over

$ 200.00

Provide Free Shipping For Orders Made

national

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Thanks for your replies. The only shipping modules I have enabled are UPS and USPS and I don't see any options for free shipping. I'm thinking it may be something obvious, but whatever it is, I'm missing it.

check admin->modules->order total modules->shipping

maybe you have enabled free shipping on oders over a certain value like here:

*DUH* <slapping forehead> I was looking under shipping instead of order totals>shipping. Thanks for your help!

Thanks for your replies. The only shipping modules I have enabled are UPS and USPS and I don't see any options for free shipping. I'm thinking it may be something obvious, but whatever it is, I'm missing it.

Archived