• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contact US! No email address from customer

zeeshop

Hi everyone,

When customer filled contact us form and send email by pressing Continue, it send me (admin) email.

Before I was using smtp server on local host, and i was able to recieve custommer email address..

since I am using external smtp server, since then email sender is actually my website sender address i.e [email protected].

which means I dont know who is a sender and I dont have a person reply address. This thing started happening since I am using External Smtp server..

regards

zee

Hi Zee, my clients all use Linux servers and sendmail. I do not have any experience with smtp.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Zia,

You could try concatenating the email address to the body before it gets sent.

If you want to give that a try, here's what you need to change in your "contact_us.php" file:

Find:

if (tep_validate_email($email_address)) {
  tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $enquiry, $name, $email_address);

Change to:

$enquiry = 'From: ' . $name . "\n" . 'Email Address: ' . $email_address . "\n" . $enquiry;
  tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $enquiry, $name, $email_address);

Make a backup before doing any edits!!!

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Zia,

You could try concatenating the email address to the body before it gets sent.

If you want to give that a try, here's what you need to change in your "contact_us.php" file:

Find:

Change to:

$enquiry = 'From: ' . $name . "\n" . 'Email Address: ' . $email_address . "\n" . $enquiry;

Make a backup before doing any edits!!!

Hi germ,

Thanks alot for your This help,

Believe me I was nearly ready to believe that there may be no solution for this problem, because I sent this question 4/5 times in forum.

But it is all fixed now. All your Help.....All the best.

Kind regards

zia

:rolleyes:

Just glad I could help Ma'am.

All the best to you and to your online endeavors...

:)

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

• 6 months later...
Find

Change to:

Thank you. This works perfectly :-)

Archived