Small Image Width

Heading Image Width 40

Heading Image Height

Small Image Height 70

Subcategory Image Width 40

Subcategory Image Height

Calculate Image Size true

Image Required true

I have found that the Small Image is used in most places of the shopping cart. I have the size set so that the list of products in a category has a "small" thumbnail-size image. However, the same size image is also used on the individual product pages. And of course, that looks too small there. I need to somehow change the coding so that the individual product pages use the actual size image. Anyone know how to do that?

I'm practicing at mirroroftime.com/catalog

Thank you.

In admin, these are the only choices for images:

Small Image Width

Heading Image Width 40

Heading Image Height

Small Image Height 70

Subcategory Image Width 40

Subcategory Image Height

Calculate Image Size true

Image Required true

I have found that the Small Image is used in most places of the shopping cart. I have the size set so that the list of products in a category has a "small" thumbnail-size image. However, the same size image is also used on the individual product pages. And of course, that looks too small there. I need to somehow change the coding so that the individual product pages use the actual size image. Anyone know how to do that?

I'm practicing at mirroroftime.com/catalog

Thank you.

Clarification:

I want the images in listings (such as the category listing) to be small. Otherwise I end up with way too many pages under each category. However, the same size image is used by osCommerce on each product page (too small !!), whereas I want the product page image to be bigger without having to click on the image to enlarge.

osCommerce seems to use only 2 image sizes, whereas I want 3. Small, medium and large.

Small for listing pages, medium for product pages, and large for the result of the "click to enlarge" image.

Or I could live with having the product page image the "large" size if I knew how to change it. "Click to enlarge" would then render the exact same image size, but if the product page image size is the right size, very few people would need an enlarged image.

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

Maybe I want something else.

I'd like to use 2 different files for my large and small images. My images are being interpolated with horrible results when the program renders them at small sizes.

I want to do this without another contribution if possible.

-Amy

• 1 year later...
Nigel,

Could you please post the code to do the mouse over to enlarge the image?

Thanks in advance

Hello Nigel,

Me too, please help on the mouse over....

Is it a one sentence scripting, or must be done for every picture?

Thank you.....

I used the contribution Club OSC Thumb Images! Its fantastic! But then I also used BIGGER images for my small images. This way one could still see the product, but if they wanted to get more detail they could enlarge it.

BTW, when I did this, I had to change the product colmun width so that it could take the new bigger sizes. Now its looks great!

SPACE FOR RENT!

• 4 months later...