• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Continue Reminder NEW contribution

azcustomshirts

I for 1 am tired of people not returning to the website after checking out when useing paypal. I have tried several options and mods. This seems to be the most effective and easiest way to get the customer to come back to the website after the payment is made. Here is a link to download the contribution, with a screenshot of it included in the zip file.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5292

osCommerce: PayPal Continue Reminder V 1.0

Description:

This simple mod will create a popup on the paypal splash page that the customer will see just before being sent to the Paypal website to make their payment. The popup will remind the user to continue back to your website once they finish with the paypal payment so their order will be completed. I have used this method on many websites including www.azcustomshirts.com and it has worked very well for me. Please do not create a "TEST" account on this website, it is a live website. See the screenshot included in the package. Thank you and Enjoy !

I for 1 am tired of people not returning to the website after checking out when useing paypal. I have tried several options and mods. This seems to be the most effective and easiest way to get the customer to come back to the website after the payment is made. Here is a link to download the contribution, with a screenshot of it included in the zip file.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5292

osCommerce: PayPal Continue Reminder V 1.0

Description:

This simple mod will create a popup on the paypal splash page that the customer will see just before being sent to the Paypal website to make their payment. The popup will remind the user to continue back to your website once they finish with the paypal payment so their order will be completed. I have used this method on many websites including www.azcustomshirts.com and it has worked very well for me. Please do not create a "TEST" account on this website, it is a live website. See the screenshot included in the package. Thank you and Enjoy !

What is the version of Oscommerce you are using. I use 2.2 and there is no folder paypal and no file checkout_splash.inc.php. Or do you use a other Paypal module?

• 3 months later...
What is the version of Oscommerce you are using. I use 2.2 and there is no folder paypal and no file checkout_splash.inc.php. Or do you use a other Paypal module?

Gday - did you get an answer to this? There is no folder - does it work just to create the folder & insert the file? Is there some coding in the Paypal module to look for the file?

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Has anyone had any luck with this contribution? As bonzabuy and gesienus said, there is no paypal folder!!! This is causing errors in my payment module in admin. There is defintely something missing. :huh: If anyone could shed some light on this, that would be wonderful as this looks like a great contribution!!

Many thanks,

Demitra

• 2 months later...

I have just been researhing the answer myself.

New IPN contribs like paypal standard payments does no even contain any "<body onload=" so it cannot be just a simple replace... it have to be added , but WHERE ?