osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Latest News v1.1.0

This is version v1.1.0

New in this version:

- bugfixes -- date & SQL file

- spanish admin interface translation

- skeleton for german admin interface

- 'New news item' button (forgot it last time)

If you are using windows, it's best to view the documentation in Wordpad -- it utilises unix line breaks.

DL it and check the code for yourself.

But I think you'll find it isnt.

I dont use this one for my news, but I think this is just a box on your page containing news.

the one you are thinking of is the boxin the column that scrolls (?)

Correct me if I'm wrong, which I might be. :wink:

CC.

Super, this contribution is working correctly!

However my site contains 2 languages, so I like to have the news also in 2 languages. Does somebody now how to add the second language into this contribution? At this moment only 1 language can be added via the Admin tool.

Regards,

Liesbeth

However my site contains 2 languages, so I like to have the news also in 2 languages. Does somebody now how to add the second language into this contribution? At this moment only 1 language can be added via the Admin tool.

Liesbeth,

Coming soon to a contributions area near you - Latest News v1.2.0. This release will contain full multilingual capabilities, just like the other areas of the admin.

It will, however require a database rethink, which is why it is taking me so long (relatively speaking) to update. Please keep in mind that v1.1.0 was only released 7 days ago. I have had to compile a magazine in that time. I am anticipating to have v1.2.0 released within the next 7 days, after i have finished a mod for Trusten.

Thanks to some suggestions just in, the following features will be implemented in the future:

* news history (i.e. seeing old news posts on the catalog end)

* news intro, leading into full news page

* image for the news item.

* auto-linker to a product page, implemented using BBCode style markup.

As a side note, now that i am using CVS to keep track of development, I will be able to support _all_ versions of the code. please don't hesitate to contact me via the email address listed in the mod, or via the bug-tracker (when i figure out how to make it work on the SF.net servers -- they don't like sessions.)

• 2 weeks later...

Coming soon to a contributions area near you - Latest News v1.2.0. This release will contain full multilingual capabilities' date=' just like the other areas of the admin.

quote']

Hi there,

Any news on the "Latest Newsv1.2.0? :roll:

Thanks

Sal...

• 4 months later...

I have looked at other scripts like NEWS DESK and, while Newsdesk offers more features (the ability to truncate the news on the front page and link to another page to view the full article is very nice), Latest News is far far easier to install and has far fewer bugs than I found with Newsdesk.

Indeed, I couldn't get Newsdesk to work and in the end, gave up. I was very pleased to come across Latest News and would urge others to look at this.

Thanks for the mod!!!!

• 3 months later...

Anyone know of a quick way for the Latest News mod to NOT display inside an infobox?

I'd like to see the news simply displayed the same way without being inside the typical OSC infobox module.

Any help appreciated,

Matt