• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

LivePerson in OSC site

I have managed to install Live Person's button, and it is working fine. Where do I install the monitor tags though? Live Person's response was very helpful, in that they didn't have a clue!

-ANgel-

I worked out how to do this, and thought I would post my solution in case anyone else is searching for an answer...

I created a box for the LivePerson dialogue (button) in my right hand column and pasted the entire BUTTON and MONITOR TAG code into this.

This seems to be working well, as I can track visitors page history and current status completely for each page they visit that displays this box, without having to put the MONITOR TAGS into each page individually.

You can see how it works at chimerique.co.uk

Angel

Hi Avec,

When I am not online, I set my status to 'Away' in my control panel on my desktop, and the box with give the visitor the option to leave me a message. This makes it an easy way for a customer to contact me too, without searching for contact info or opening their email programme.

If I wanted to hide the box completely, I would just comment out that box in my column_right.php file.

I think it's quite cool cos you don't need a contract, and only pay for the months that you use it. (for example when I am doing lots of advertising to new shops, or at Christmas peak season.)

Angel

Archived