Sign in to follow this  
aussieskin

Aus Post returning incorrect postage rates

You are going to be so frustrated with me.... Probably not as frustrated as I am with myself though....

I have the Sperate Price Per Customer mod installed... And I went into my 'Customer Groups' just then to double check it was set up correctly and guess what....

In the section for postal options for the group 'retail' the Aus Post Air and sea mail wasn't ticked!!!!!

So it is all fixed now. No Oscommerce problems or anything like that... It was a Fiona stuff up. A big time Fiona stuff up.

Thats also the reason why I couldnt get the RFQ mod or COD mod to work!!!

Days we have been trying to figure this out... I can't believe it...

That is fantastic news, well done. We are all on a learning curve.

The Coopco Underwear Shop

If you live to be 100 years of age, that means you have lived for 36,525 days. Don't waste another, there aren't many left.

Thanks Coopco. You have no idea how much I have learnt, its quite satisfying really.

Although I feel like a conplete idiot, because of course the solution was the smallest, most obvious detail!

I have noticed one thing which can be quite daunting with oscommerce for people like me who aren't coders or really computer wizzes is installing new mods. Especially when you have to run sql files and add lines to php code etc. And then after you get them working making sure they work with the other mods you might have installed!

I really would at some point like to install the CCGV contrib, but at the moment I am too scared! I read through the install notes and it looks very daunting. I can see so many things going wrong.

At the moment the site is pretty much ready to go live, so I might wait and add those things a little bit down the track.

Thanks again for all your patience and help Coopco. Hopefully one day I will be able to return the favour (although I doubt my knowledge will get that good!)

Worse things happen at sea

Thanks Coopco. You have no idea how much I have learnt, its quite satisfying really.

Although I feel like a conplete idiot, because of course the solution was the smallest, most obvious detail!

I have noticed one thing which can be quite daunting with oscommerce for people like me who aren't coders or really computer wizzes is installing new mods. Especially when you have to run sql files and add lines to php code etc. And then after you get them working making sure they work with the other mods you might have installed!

I really would at some point like to install the CCGV contrib, but at the moment I am too scared! I read through the install notes and it looks very daunting. I can see so many things going wrong.

At the moment the site is pretty much ready to go live, so I might wait and add those things a little bit down the track.

Thanks again for all your patience and help Coopco. Hopefully one day I will be able to return the favour (although I doubt my knowledge will get that good!)

Hi Fiona

I am really glad that you got it working.

Gift Vouchers are included in the next release of OSC, so wait till then. It was the hardest one that I have done, and now it is giving me a problem.

The most important thing is to backup your db and files, before you start. I keep a clean version of osc files to look at, a backup of files on my PC, a test site on my PC, check all my edits, and I can still get into trouble.

Good luck with going live.

BR

Les

The Coopco Underwear Shop

If you live to be 100 years of age, that means you have lived for 36,525 days. Don't waste another, there aren't many left.