• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Aus Post returning incorrect postage rates

) TYPE=MyISAM;

on its own, nothing else on the line.

Okay. You must be getting so frustrated with me!

I tried that and got this (but I didn't have a # at the end of the line I put in):

SQL query:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `geo_zones` (
`geo_zone_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`geo_zone_name` varchar( 32 ) NOT NULL ,
`geo_zone_description` varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL ,
`last_modified` datetime default NULL ,
`date_added` datetime NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( `geo_zone_id` )
) TYPE = MYISAM #
# Dumping data for table `geo_zones`
#
INSERT INTO geo_zones( geo_zone_id, geo_zone_name, geo_zone_description, last_modified, date_added )
VALUES (
'1', 'Australian Zones', 'All Local Zones', NULL , ''
);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'INSERT INTO geo_zones (geo_zone_id, geo_zone_name, geo_zone_description, last_mo' at line 12

Edited by aussieskin

Okay. You must be getting so frustrated with me!

I tried that and got this (but I didn't have a # at the end of the line I put in):

SQL query:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `geo_zones` (
`geo_zone_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`geo_zone_name` varchar( 32 ) NOT NULL ,
`geo_zone_description` varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL ,
`last_modified` datetime default NULL ,
`date_added` datetime NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( `geo_zone_id` )
) TYPE = MYISAM #
# Dumping data for table `geo_zones`
#
INSERT INTO geo_zones( geo_zone_id, geo_zone_name, geo_zone_description, last_modified, date_added )
VALUES (
'1', 'Australian Zones', 'All Local Zones', NULL , ''
);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'INSERT INTO geo_zones (geo_zone_id, geo_zone_name, geo_zone_description, last_mo' at line 12

It should have been a semicolon at the end of the line.

Give it one more try, and if it does not work, revert to the previous version sql and go on with the other stuff.

You just need to use world zones for the shipping zone, and australian gst for the tax class.

Yeah thats how I have it set.

Although this is what the Tax Rate looks like...

See it has 'Australian zones' in the zone section. The only other option I have there is 'World Zones' I dont have the option of '--none--' or both zones.

taxrates.gif

far out, why is evertyhing so wrong for me lately!

It should have been a semicolon at the end of the line.

Give it one more try, and if it does not work, revert to the previous version sql and go on with the other stuff.

Okay. Well I tried that. And didn't get an error! yayyyy.

I unintalled the Aus Post Air module and then reinstalled it... but still no joy with getting postal options to display... haha. You have to laugh dont you... either that or throw the pc out the window.. which would not solve the problem.

Its official, Aus post hates me!

Yeah thats how I have it set.

Although this is what the Tax Rate looks like...

See it has 'Australian zones' in the zone section. The only other option I have there is 'World Zones' I dont have the option of '--none--' or both zones.

taxrates.gif

far out, why is evertyhing so wrong for me lately!

It is right.

Enable auspostair

Do you want to offer auspostair?

True

False

Dispatch Postcode

Enable Insurance

Do you want to include insurance?

False

Insurance Base Cost

Insurance Addition Cost

Insurance Unit Size

Maximum Weight (kg)

Handling Fee

Parcel Height (mm)

370Parcel Height (in mm)

Parcel Width (mm)

Parcel Depth (mm)

Shipping Zone

World Zones < -----------------------------------------------

Tax Class

Australian GST <----------------------------------------------

Sort order of display

Okay. Well I tried that. And didn't get an error! yayyyy.

I unintalled the Aus Post Air module and then reinstalled it... but still no joy with getting postal options to display... haha. You have to laugh dont you... either that or throw the pc out the window.. which would not solve the problem.

Its official, Aus post hates me!

Remember to give each shipping module a unique sort order (and check that all of the settings are there).

Check the settings on the payment modules too.

This is what I have

ausairship.gif

(and again my cursor was hovering over registered post thats why it is white) The details are for the aus post air mod

Edited by aussieskin

Remember to give each shipping module a unique sort order (and check that all of the settings are there).

Check the settings on the payment modules too.

Yep they all have a unique sort order and all the settings are there.

The payment module settings are right. If I skip past the shipping in the checkout the payment mod works fine

Yep they all have a unique sort order and all the settings are there.

The payment module settings are right. If I skip past the shipping in the checkout the payment mod works fine

OK, so now you should only the local modules to show with an Australian shipping address, and the international ones to show with an international shipping address.

OK, so now you should only the local modules to show with an Australian shipping address, and the international ones to show with an international shipping address.

In theory yes....

But when I go through the checkout with an Australian address I have the shipping options for Australian customers (including the aus post local mods) and the payment options of pay pal and money order appear (which is coorect)

But when I go through with an international address no shipping options appear at all, but the payment module which I have set for international customers (pay pal only) shows up fine.

Perhaps its time to give up. Admit that it has defeated me...

In theory yes....

But when I go through the checkout with an Australian address I have the shipping options for Australian customers (including the aus post local mods) and the payment options of pay pal and money order appear (which is coorect)

But when I go through with an international address no shipping options appear at all, but the payment module which I have set for international customers (pay pal only) shows up fine.

Perhaps its time to give up. Admit that it has defeated me...

Now I had that until I enabled austpost air and austpost air with insurance. The insurance one came up, so I reinstalled the other one and it worked.

(and its also not adding the 10% gst to the prices for international customers - but thats not an Aus Post mod problem I dont think)

I fixed this problem...

I created a new Tax Class = "All Zones"

and in that I add 'All Countries' with "All zones"

Then went into the Tax Rate section and changed the 'Australian GST' tax rate to cover "All Zones"

So now when I go through the checkout with either an aussie address or an international one I always get the price to show with tax!

So I fixed one thing at least

I fixed this problem...

I created a new Tax Class = "All Zones"

and in that I add 'All Countries' with "All zones"

Then went into the Tax Rate section and changed the 'Australian GST' tax rate to cover "All Zones"

So now when I go through the checkout with either an aussie address or an international one I always get the price to show with tax!

So I fixed one thing at least

Well done.

Now I had that until I enabled austpost air and austpost air with insurance. The insurance one came up, so I reinstalled the other one and it worked.

And that has almost done it!

I didnt have the insured one even installed before. Now I have insured but not normal.

I did remove the normal air one and reinstall it. But I might try that again a few times. I might install and uninstall them all a few times....

And that has almost done it!

I didnt have the insured one even installed before. Now I have insured but not normal.

I did remove the normal air one and reinstall it. But I might try that again a few times. I might install and uninstall them all a few times....

OK, just do the ones that aren't coming up, remeber the sort orders should be unique (for some reason), and check the settings after you you do the updates.

It is also a good time to back up the database.

Yes database backup!!! Thanks for reminding me...

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything, but I'm still not getting normal Aus Post air to work or sea - only air insured.

I might sleep on that one and tackle it tomorrow night..

Once again you have gone beyond the call to help!

Perserverance does pay off in the end!

Yes database backup!!! Thanks for reminding me...

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything, but I'm still not getting normal Aus Post air to work or sea - only air insured.

I might sleep on that one and tackle it tomorrow night..

Once again you have gone beyond the call to help!

Perserverance does pay off in the end!

Good idea about getting some sleep. It should only be the settings in the individual modules now.

I am thinking it has something to do with the Zones... Or something beyond just the Aus Post mod.

I just tried to install this one:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3753

And its not working either. No Errors, just not appearing in the front end at all.

I also tried to get the COD module (with the wording changed to 'postal quote' ) to function - So I could have a payment option for international customers to get a postal quote on cd's sent without cases, but not be directed to Pay Pal to pay. And that one didnt work either. It would show if I set it for Austrlain zones, just not World zones...

I am thinking it has something to do with the Zones... Or something beyond just the Aus Post mod.

I just tried to install this one:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3753

And its not working either. No Errors, just not appearing in the front end at all.

I also tried to get the COD module (with the wording changed to 'postal quote' ) to function - So I could have a payment option for international customers to get a postal quote on cd's sent without cases, but not be directed to Pay Pal to pay. And that one didnt work either. It would show if I set it for Austrlain zones, just not World zones...

Didn't austpost air with insurance work?

Not familiar with the contrib RFQ, nor COD. COD is cash on delivery, so I don't know if it would do what you want because the delivery charge would be preset..

Yeah see the auspost air insurance did work. Which is why it is weird.

the COD mod is fine. Thats what I use now. I just changed the wording to 'postal quote'. Then the order comes through (with the full postage amount), I work out what the cheaper postal rate will be then email the customer the new total along with my pay pal address and they pay through there. Its the long way around, but it works.

Yeah see the auspost air insurance did work. Which is why it is weird.

the COD mod is fine. Thats what I use now. I just changed the wording to 'postal quote'. Then the order comes through (with the full postage amount), I work out what the cheaper postal rate will be then email the customer the new total along with my pay pal address and they pay through there. Its the long way around, but it works.

If the auspost air insurance did work, the others should work and it would be a setting. You could unintall the ones that do not work, get a fresh copy from V3.1 contrib and do the reinstall for the non working ones only.

Did I ask what you use to ftp files to the web?

Edited by Coopco

If the auspost air insurance did work, the others should work and it would be a setting. You could unintall the ones that do not work, get a fresh copy from V3.1 contrib and do the reinstall for the non working ones only.

Okay I did that... No luck though I still only get the insured to appear.

Heres the details:

AusPOST International - AIR

Enable auspostair

True

Dispatch Postcode

Enable Insurance

False

Insurance Base Cost

Insurance Addition Cost

Insurance Unit Size

Maximum Weight (kg)

Handling Fee

Parcel Height (mm)

Parcel Width (mm)

Parcel Depth (mm)

Shipping Zone

World Zones

Tax Class

Australian GST

Sort order of display

Did I ask what you use to ftp files to the web?

Depends. If I have a few files I want to do or I need to overwrite files I just use Nautilus. Or if I only have to add a file or 2 I will upload it through plesk.

Okay I did that... No luck though I still only get the insured to appear.

Heres the details:

AusPOST International - AIR

Enable auspostair

True

Dispatch Postcode

Enable Insurance

False

Insurance Base Cost

Insurance Addition Cost

Insurance Unit Size

Maximum Weight (kg)

Handling Fee

Parcel Height (mm)

Parcel Width (mm)

Parcel Depth (mm)

Shipping Zone

World Zones

Tax Class

Australian GST

Sort order of display

Depends. If I have a few files I want to do or I need to overwrite files I just use Nautilus. Or if I only have to add a file or 2 I will upload it through plesk.

Those settings look ok, and nothing else has the same sort order. It should work.

Don't know about linux programs.

You are going to be so frustrated with me.... Probably not as frustrated as I am with myself though....

I have the Sperate Price Per Customer mod installed... And I went into my 'Customer Groups' just then to double check it was set up correctly and guess what....

In the section for postal options for the group 'retail' the Aus Post Air and sea mail wasn't ticked!!!!!

So it is all fixed now. No Oscommerce problems or anything like that... It was a Fiona stuff up. A big time Fiona stuff up.

Thats also the reason why I couldnt get the RFQ mod or COD mod to work!!!

Days we have been trying to figure this out... I can't believe it...