• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HOT! 1st Item cost $x.xx, each subsequent $x.xx

I need to find a way for one of my clients stores to set a first item price for an item, then a different and lower price for each subsequent item in a purchase.

For instance, the first item costs $0.99, then for items two through n (any number in the same transaction) the cost is only $0.29. So to be more clear, a customer orders four of the item. The first item is $0.99 and items two - four are $0.29 giving a total in cart price for the four items of $1.86. Or if they ordered ten of the item, the first item is $0.99 and items two - ten are $0.29 giving a total in cart price for the ten items of $3.60 and so forth for any quantity.

I've been helping the client launch and all new digital product and she just finalized her preferred pricing model. This is what she is desiring. Maybe I'm missing it, but I cannot find a contribution which clearly outlines this can be done.

To complicate matters, we are using attribute pricing so each type of product may have up to six different attributes which each need to be priced in this matter.

Any help (QUICKLY) would be appreciated. Thanks!

I need to find a way for one of my clients stores to set a first item price for an item, then a different and lower price for each subsequent item in a purchase.

For instance, the first item costs $0.99, then for items two through n (any number in the same transaction) the cost is only $0.29. So to be more clear, a customer orders four of the item. The first item is $0.99 and items two - four are $0.29 giving a total in cart price for the four items of $1.86. Or if they ordered ten of the item, the first item is $0.99 and items two - ten are $0.29 giving a total in cart price for the ten items of $3.60 and so forth for any quantity.

I've been helping the client launch and all new digital product and she just finalized her preferred pricing model. This is what she is desiring. Maybe I'm missing it, but I cannot find a contribution which clearly outlines this can be done.

To complicate matters, we are using attribute pricing so each type of product may have up to six different attributes which each need to be priced in this matter.

Any help (QUICKLY) would be appreciated. Thanks!

Okay... so still no ideas/fixes for this. If others of you are looking for an answer to this, you may have to try the one I'm going to implement. I'm going to switch the store using OS Commerce over to Zen Cart which has this and many other features I've had to mod into OS Commerce already in it. The time to convert is worth the lack of hassle.