• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to remove "Powered by osCommerce" from the bottom

ebayllen

Hi, I installed osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1, and know that most questions can be found in the "OScommerce documentation".

But for this question "How to remove Powered by osCommerce from the bottom", I did not find answaer either in documentation nor in this fourm. Also I checked /catalog/includes/footer.php, but do not know where and how to change. maybe I missed something womrwhere.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I installed osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1, and know that most questions can be found in the "OScommerce documentation".

But for this question "How to remove Powered by osCommerce from the bottom", I did not find answaer either in documentation nor in this fourm. Also I checked /catalog/includes/footer.php, but do not know where and how to change. maybe I missed something womrwhere.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

I think you have the correct file. You need to open it in your text editor and search for the text as it appears in the web page. Once found, you can edit it as required. However, does the notification need keeping in for 'copyright' reasons?

Not sure!

Hope this helps.

I think you have the correct file. You need to open it in your text editor and search for the text as it appears in the web page. Once found, you can edit it as required. However, does the notification need keeping in for 'copyright' reasons?

Not sure!

Hope this helps.

Thanks. but I still do not know how to edit or change the "power by...", cause I did not see any words like "power by oscommerce" in the file I mentioned above.

BTW, I just saw may oscommerce powered store removed this "power by..." notice. I am not sure if it is allowed.

Archived