Sign in to follow this  
showery

MSRP with EASY POPULATE

I have easy populate installed and it works great. I installed the MSRP contib and now am having problems getting easy populate to update the database with the msrp info. I upload my file with EP and then go look and nothing. Can some one tell me the changes I need to make in the EP file to make it work with the MSRP.

Thanks

You have to change the easypopulate.php file so it knows about the extra fields. There is a contribution that explains how to add a new field, in general. I think it is Easy Populate Extra Fields.

Jack

Thank Jack,

I have added the information to my eaypopulate.php like v_products_msrp under the additional values around line 209, BUT when I import it still leaves the values at 0. My easypopulate says it worked and I can see the value in the line with everything else but its not their. When I go to my admin and check the product it still says 0.00 in the msrp box. Any ideas? I have been messing with it a couple hours just changing things to see if it works and I cant seem to work through this. I read all the contrib's you said should help me.

Thanks

// these are the fields that will be defaulted to the current values in the database if they are not found in the incoming file
global $default_these;
$default_these = array(
	'v_products_image',
	#'v_products_mimage',
	#'v_products_bimage',
	'v_products_subimage1',
	#'v_products_bsubimage1',
	'v_products_subimage2',
	#'v_products_bsubimage2',
	#'v_products_subimage3',
	'v_products_bsubimage3',
	'v_categories_id',
	'v_products_price',
	'v_products_msrp',
	'v_products_quantity',
	'v_products_weight',
	'v_date_avail',
	'v_instock',
	'v_tax_class_title',
	'v_manufacturers_name',
	'v_manufacturers_id',
	'v_products_dim_type',
	'v_products_length',
	'v_products_width',
	'v_products_height',
	);

My upload results

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpe7MLZT
User filename: exportmsrp.txt
Size: 466
| test | dfw.jpg | test produ | test produ | | 55 | 10 | 8 | | 7/12/2007 | 1 | | top | | | | | Taxable Go | Active !New Product!
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

My Header

v_products_model	v_products_image	v_products_name_1	v_products_description_1	v_products_url_1	v_products_msrp	v_products_price	v_products_weight	v_date_avail	v_date_added	v_products_quantity	v_manufacturers_name	v_categories_name_1	v_categories_name_2	v_categories_name_3	v_categories_name_4	v_categories_name_5	v_tax_class_title	v_status	EOREOR

Edited by showery

The changes you made are not sufficient.

There is a contribution that explains how to add a new field, in general. I think it is Easy Populate Extra Fields.

Jack