• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS Question

On the sts where is the cart style located at? I mean how can I edit the cart look? or will I have to go directly to the shopping cart php page to edit it any more in depth? like the rows that return and etc?

also is there a way to customize the administration section, and etc?

Reason I ask is because I don't want my clients logging in, but there main site looks different from there administration section, see what I'm saying?

On the sts where is the cart style located at? I mean how can I edit the cart look? or will I have to go directly to the shopping cart php page to edit it any more in depth? like the rows that return and etc?

also is there a way to customize the administration section, and etc?

Reason I ask is because I don't want my clients logging in, but there main site looks different from there administration section, see what I'm saying?

:thumbsup: In the STS User Manual, a support link is listed for the official osC thread (I have it listed in my signature below as well). Please use this link for all support requests in the future so as to benefit all STS users and to receive quicker responses.

Regarding your shopping cart page: STS allows you to template each individual page by using the following naming syntax:

script_name.php.html

For example: To make a template for the index.php page, you would name it index.php.html and save it in your STS Template folder. The STS User Manual has more informaion on how this can be done.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Great! Thanks! When you install your oscommerce for a client how do you usually do the design and etc? I mean do you just keep the admin section the way it looks, or do you just design the part that shows?

also have you heard of miva?

Great! Thanks! When you install your oscommerce for a client how do you usually do the design and etc? I mean do you just keep the admin section the way it looks, or do you just design the part that shows?

also have you heard of miva?

STS is designed only to change the look and feel of the user side (shoppers/visitors), if you want to change the way the admin section look, you would have to actually redo the php files regarding the admin files, and unless you understand osC php as well as html, I would not attempt this.

As for designing the site for a client it all depends on the client needs, and I hate to sound rude casue this is not my intention, but if you are asking here how to design for your client I do no think you should be designing sites right now commericially until you get more time under your belt.

Sorry Bill I know you rather have questions asked/answered in the STS thread, but I wanted to reply.