• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AusPost module not saving parameters

But of course nothing is ever simple.

I have the module working. Only the calculations which are being made at the checkout are incorrect.

For an order with a total weight of .9 kg going from 3337 to 6000 it is giving a price of $9.82 whereas the actual price would be $10.80.

This is just going on postage alone with no handeling charges put on for packaging etc... The differences in cost vary depending on the weight of the package, but they are all undercharging by at least 50cents.

I am thinking my only option is to add a handeling charge of say $4.00 which would cover the shortfall aswell as the packaging. Although not ideal

Hmm. One to look into tomorrow I think.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But of course nothing is ever simple.

I have the module working. Only the calculations which are being made at the checkout are incorrect.

For an order with a total weight of .9 kg going from 3337 to 6000 it is giving a price of $9.82 whereas the actual price would be $10.80.

This is just going on postage alone with no handeling charges put on for packaging etc... The differences in cost vary depending on the weight of the package, but they are all undercharging by at least 50cents.

I am thinking my only option is to add a handeling charge of say $4.00 which would cover the shortfall aswell as the packaging. Although not ideal

Hmm. One to look into tomorrow I think.

Hi Fiona

You need to set Australian GST at 10% and apply it to ALL Aust Post modules.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been the same story for me since post #1.

I tested the latest version of this module out on my test site, and have now just started the real thing. I'm running the same version of osCommerce, the same version of this module, and the first problem I noticed was that I couldn't edit the module (or other modules), as it would just reset back to default. I did the module.php fix (and a compatibility.php fix I found from another thread) and it worked, but I'm getting an error in the checkout.

"ERROR: We apologise, but there appears to be a fault at present.

If you would like to use this option as your shipping method, please contact us."

Well, I've read this thread and I haven't been able to fix it. It's crazy... I have the same settings as my test site but it doesn't work.

I'd really love some help with this, as I'm in a rush to get my site working 100%.

It's been the same story for me since post #1.

I tested the latest version of this module out on my test site, and have now just started the real thing. I'm running the same version of osCommerce, the same version of this module, and the first problem I noticed was that I couldn't edit the module (or other modules), as it would just reset back to default. I did the module.php fix (and a compatibility.php fix I found from another thread) and it worked, but I'm getting an error in the checkout.

"ERROR: We apologise, but there appears to be a fault at present.

If you would like to use this option as your shipping method, please contact us."

Well, I've read this thread and I haven't been able to fix it. It's crazy... I have the same settings as my test site but it doesn't work.

I'd really love some help with this, as I'm in a rush to get my site working 100%.

It means that you have no shipping options available (I guess).

This is what I'm getting on my test site:

AusPOST Parcel Post

Delivery to 7050 - 2 days Estimated Delivery Time*

1 boxes 4.45kg(s) $7.45

This is what I'm getting on the site I'm trying to finish:

AusPOST Parcel Post

ERROR: We apologise, but there appears to be a fault at present.

If you would like to use this option as your shipping method, please contact us. 4.45 4.45

I'm using the same version of osCommerce, the same version of the module (the latest), the same shipping settings, the same module settings, shipping to and from the same postcodes in each example above, the same weight, the same postage method, yet one displays it correctly and the other doesn't.

Edited by Kuujiryo

This is what I'm getting on my test site:

AusPOST Parcel Post

Delivery to 7050 - 2 days Estimated Delivery Time*

1 boxes 4.45kg(s) $7.45

This is what I'm getting on the site I'm trying to finish:

AusPOST Parcel Post

ERROR: We apologise, but there appears to be a fault at present.

If you would like to use this option as your shipping method, please contact us. 4.45 4.45

I'm using the same version of osCommerce, the same version of the module (the latest), the same shipping settings, the same module settings, shipping to and from the same postcodes in each example above, the same weight, the same postage method, yet one displays it correctly and the other doesn't.

Do you have any other shipping options installed?

Um.. ok..

Parcel post, Express post, and I installed flatrate. Flatrate works, both Auspost ones don't.

Do you still get the error message when flat rate is also installed?

Yeah, I still get the error regardless of what other shipping modules are installed at the same time.

Good, then your zones are ok. The weight is under 20kg.

Do you have both austpost and austpost with insurance installed?

Hey Kuujiryo. Heres a few ideas to look at. I had a nightmare trying to get this mod to work. Got it in the end though, and it turned out pretty much all the solutions were obvious things that were staring me in the face. But after you spend so much time looking at something you forget about the small thigns. Well I do!

I found I was getting that error when the order weight was being calculated wrong and much much to heavy.

These were things I had wrong.

1. Check all your weights in you items listings, make sure they are in kg format. So if its 125 grams, put it 0.125 etc.

2. In Configuration --> shipping/packaging enter the max package weight you will ship. The mod is meant to split the packages if they go over, but if you dont sell really heaving things then I think it would be best to set it at 20kg. I have 20kg in mine.

If it is set at say 1kg and your order weight is 2kg that may be why you are getting that error.

Also check your tare weight in here. I tested mine with it set on 0 to rule it out as a problem. Just make sure it isnt on something crazy like 40kg.

Do you have a contrib like seperate price per customer installed? If you do double check your groups in there and make sure each one is set to make the aus post mods active.

I'll keep thinking and have a look back over my notes to see if I can remeber anything more as to why I was getting that message (it wasnt that long ago but I have forgotten!)

Yeah, I found out about it reading the weight in Kg on my test site. Max weight is fine, tare is 0, and no contrib like the one you mentioned.

All I can think of is that it isn't connecting to the Auspost server. I know I have all my settings in osCommerce correct because I've successfully had it running on my test site. It's either an SQL or PHP problem.

Yeah it could be a aus post site problem. I honestly wouldn't know where to start there though!

Could it be any other contributions you ahve installed which are clashing with it?

I discovered a lot of them dont play very well together.

Is it running properly on your test site now?

Maybe you could try importing your database from your test site across to the one you are working on now. Then if it is a database problem that might fix it. Make sure you save both databases first though!

(I have very very basic oscommerce/database etc knowledge, these are just things I have tried in the past to fix problems)

It's running perfectly on my test site, and there aren't any contributions on my main site that aren't on my test site.

I'm a bit too scared to transfer the database over though. I'm just googling to see if there's any php stuff I can change.

Tried that, still the same error.

Good, and one has insurance enabled and the other doesn't.

Are your test site and your other site on the same server?

If you mean click the update currencies button in Localizations > Currencies, then I get errors at the top of the screen.

Warning: The primary exchange rate server (oanda) failed for AU Dollar (AUD) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.

Error: The exchange rate for AU Dollar (AUD) was not updated via xe. Is it a valid currency code?

If you mean click the update currencies button in Localizations > Currencies, then I get errors at the top of the screen.

Warning: The primary exchange rate server (oanda) failed for AU Dollar (AUD) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.

Error: The exchange rate for AU Dollar (AUD) was not updated via xe. Is it a valid currency code?

Do you have other currencies installed, if not, try adding USD. Then try again.

I think your install of the austpost module is correct, and the problem is with the server.

The error for austpost is what I normally get when the drc is unable (or cannot connect to it).