• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AusPost module not saving parameters

Hi all.

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

I have just installed the Auspost v 2.0.2 contrib. Uploaded all the files as well as run the .sql update. All seems fine.

Although when I go into the admin section --> modules --> shipping and try and install the modules it won't save.

I enable the module and put in all my correct details, dispatch postcode, handeling fee etc. But when I hit the 'update' button it just reverts to the default.

When I go through he checkout in the front end it then comes up with the error:

"ERROR: The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time

If you prefer to use this option as your shipping method, please contact the store owner."

I've searched these forums and the snowtech ones but cant find an answer, hopefully someone here can help and save my sanity! It's driving me mad...

Cheers

Fiona

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coopco you are a legend!

Damn, I've been searching for a way to fix that for about the last 2 hours and found nothing!

Must be my searching skills...

You are awesome!

Okay even though that is fixed the Aus Post mod still isn't working.

I upgraded the 2.0.2 install to the latest one 3.0.

But now when I go through the checkout no postal options are appearing at all.. All I get is:

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

But no options there at all... Hmmm

Okay even though that is fixed the Aus Post mod still isn't working.

I upgraded the 2.0.2 install to the latest one 3.0.

But now when I go through the checkout no postal options are appearing at all.. All I get is:

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

But no options there at all... Hmmm

If you upgraded from 2.02, you should remove then reinstall.

If you have all the fields filled in, try setting the shipping zone to none to see if it then works. If it does, you may have a zones problem.

Let us know how you go.

Yep I did the remove then reinstall.

I set the zone to none...

Still no joy... Hmm...

OK, try it with one of the default osc shipping modules and see if you get that option.

Yep. If I turn on Flat Rate or Per Item those work...

Excellent. OK, download the contib again and unzip the files, and copy them to the web again.

Okay I did that.

Then I removed the mod in the admin and reinstalled it... Still no joy. When I have Australian zones or no zones selected.

Hey do you think it could be a database thing? See I exported my database from my current store and imported it into this one.

When I fist tried to install the 3.0 mod the sql file caused an error and totally wrecked the store. So I deleted the wrecked database and then imported it again. This time I ran the sql file from the aus post version 2.0.2 and it worked fine...

(I hope that made sense, I'm by no way 'php/coding savvy' I just clamber along blindly mostly!)

Okay I did that.

Then I removed the mod in the admin and reinstalled it... Still no joy. When I have Australian zones or no zones selected.

Hey do you think it could be a database thing? See I exported my database from my current store and imported it into this one.

When I fist tried to install the 3.0 mod the sql file caused an error and totally wrecked the store. So I deleted the wrecked database and then imported it again. This time I ran the sql file from the aus post version 2.0.2 and it worked fine...

(I hope that made sense, I'm by no way 'php/coding savvy' I just clamber along blindly mostly!)

We all clamber along blindly. Looks like you cracked it. Most people don't need to run the sql because they are upgrading.

oops. I also can't explain myself very well....

That description of what I did with the database I did yesterday. Not just now.

I still cant get the Aus Post mod to work.

Although I might go and try re-running the sql on the database again.... As long as I back it up first whats the worst that can happen right?

No.

Re running the sql file from version 2.0.2 didn't work...

Hmm...

OK, so you have gone through the steps of getting only one module to work?

The flat rate and per item shipping options work fine. I can turn them on and off and there is no problems there.

I have tried installing the AUs Post parcel post mod on its own and with the other aus post mods but no luck. I dont get any errors, they just dont show up in the shipping options screen.

I have seperate pricing per customer installed aswell, so I double checked that they were set to use the auspost mod and they are.

I am stumped. I have no idea.

Perhaps I will have to have it set up like the current store, with confusing zones and one price for all of aus. Although thats not ideal. If I charge someone in Victoria $10 post and it only costs $5 I feel bad, and if I charge someone in WA $10 but it costs me $15 I'm not happy!

The flat rate and per item shipping options work fine. I can turn them on and off and there is no problems there.

I have tried installing the AUs Post parcel post mod on its own and with the other aus post mods but no luck. I dont get any errors, they just dont show up in the shipping options screen.

I have seperate pricing per customer installed aswell, so I double checked that they were set to use the auspost mod and they are.

I am stumped. I have no idea.

Perhaps I will have to have it set up like the current store, with confusing zones and one price for all of aus. Although thats not ideal. If I charge someone in Victoria $10 post and it only costs $5 I feel bad, and if I charge someone in WA $10 but it costs me $15 I'm not happy!

But it should work without problems. When you have the parcel post module, do not use insurance. Use the parcel post with insurance module to offer insurance. Try that. Else, can you get a screenshot?

And, the DRC is working.

Edited by Coopco

But it should work without problems. When you have the parcel post module, do not use insurance. Use the parcel post with insurance module to offer insurance. Try that. Else, can you get a screenshot?

And, the DRC is working.

Okay. Tired that. No luck. AAAAAHHHH, why do I have so many hassles with things!

Admin screen

adminscrshot.gif

Front end screen

frontscrshot.gif

Okay. Tired that. No luck. AAAAAHHHH, why do I have so many hassles with things!

Admin screen

adminscrshot.gif

Front end screen

frontscrshot.gif

OK, that one (international anything) should be using zones: Rest of the world. It won't pick it up if you are shipping to Australia.

Domestic should be using zones: Australian Zones

Yeah thats how it is set.

In that first screen shot the details on the right are for 'Aus Post - Parcel Post' which is for domestic postage.

I think the one under it the international air is highlighted white because thats where my cursor was sitting.

I think perhaps I might have to just give up on it...

Yeah thats how it is set.

In that first screen shot the details on the right are for 'Aus Post - Parcel Post' which is for domestic postage.

I think the one under it the international air is highlighted white because thats where my cursor was sitting.

I think perhaps I might have to just give up on it...

Yes, you I right.

OK, what size goods are you shipping? If your goods will not fit in the dimensions given, it will skip the drc.

The standard tough bag is 370 405 75

Pretty much all different sizes. I sell Cd's. tshirts and vinyl. So it varys all the time.

I read that if you leave the dimensions at 100 100 100 it is like the default...

I will try putting in 370 405 75

When you talk about the drc, do I have to do anything to make the aus post site recognise my site?

edit: I just put in the dimensions above and that didnt work either....

I bet it is something really simple which when we figure it out I will kick myself!

Edited by aussieskin

Pretty much all different sizes. I sell Cd's. tshirts and vinyl. So it varys all the time.

I read that if you leave the dimensions at 100 100 100 it is like the default...

I will try putting in 370 405 75

When you talk about the drc, do I have to do anything to make the aus post site recognise my site?

The modules take care of talking to the DRC.

If you have no luck, email me and I will send my zones table. To use it, you need all of the world zones in the database.

Coopco - you are a genius!

I have discovered, thanks to Coopco that all my products weights are in the wrong format. In the old format I used (I think it was just the zones mod) I had things set in as grams - eg: 300.00

But with the aus post mod it was being read as 300 kg!!!

Such a simple thing which has caused me so much aggravation...

Thanks again Coopco for sorting it out for me!

Coopco - you are a genius!

I have discovered, thanks to Coopco that all my products weights are in the wrong format. In the old format I used (I think it was just the zones mod) I had things set in as grams - eg: 300.00

But with the aus post mod it was being read as 300 kg!!!

Such a simple thing which has caused me so much aggravation...

Thanks again Coopco for sorting it out for me!

Hi Fiona

No problem, it always has to something simple.