Sign in to follow this  
sps-merlin

1064 error when testing payments via Protx Direct

Please forgive my noobishness on this - I'm sure with more awareness of PHP I might be able to solve this myself but alas, I'm just starting out learning right now...

My problem is:

I am configuring my osC installation (as provided and hosted by terranetwork.net) and am just arriving at the stage where I want to perform some test sales before I start adding stacks of products. I've installed Protx Direct 4.3 (as I already use Protx for card payments and therefore have a vendor account already setup) and everything worked fine (worked through the instructions, installed through the admin console->modules etc.) but when I try to complete a sale I get:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-_db1 like 'orders'' at line 1

SHOW TABLE STATUS from merlincommerce_co_uk_-_db1 like 'orders'

I've read a substantial amount on similar errors before posting but, although it appears it might be a bug with hyphenated database names, I've no idea how to combat the issue.

Any help would be massively appreciated - thank you in advance for your time

it appears as though the message is generated from a command within protx_process.php - line 163, it looks like

$last_order_id_query = tep_db_query("SHOW TABLE STATUS from " . DB_DATABASE . " like '" . TABLE_ORDERS . "'");

$last_order_id = tep_db_fetch_array($last_order_id_query);

$new_order_id = $last_order_id['Auto_increment'];

} else {

$last_order_query = "SELECT `orders_id` from `" . TABLE_ORDERS . "` ORDER BY `orders_id` DESC LIMIT 1";

$last_order = tep_db_fetch_array(tep_db_query($last_order_query));

$new_order_id = (int)$last_order['orders_id'] + 1;

}

$order_description = 'Order Number: ' . $new_order_id;

how do i stop the database being called that (i.e. with the '_-_db1' on the end)?

try changing

$last_order_id_query = tep_db_query("SHOW TABLE STATUS from " . DB_DATABASE . " like '" . TABLE_ORDERS . "'");

to

$last_order_id_query = tep_db_query("SHOW TABLE STATUS from '" . DB_DATABASE . "' like '" . TABLE_ORDERS . "'");

If that doesn't work change

$use_more_accurate_order_id = true;

to

$use_more_accurate_order_id = false;

Tom

thanks tom, that's definitely done something but it tells me:

1146 - Table 'merlincommerce_co_uk_-_db1.TABLE_PROTX_DIRECT' doesn't exist

insert into TABLE_PROTX_DIRECT (id, customer_id, order_id, vendortxcode, txtype, value, vpstxid, status, statusdetail, txauthno, securitykey, avscv2, address_result, postcode_result, CV2_result, 3DSecureStatus, CAVV, txtime) values ('', '2', '1', '1-14945917781025007017825510001382', 'PAYMENT', '500.00', '{7CE11EBC-09BC-E1F1-84FA-4510B0AC5BFB}', 'OK', '0000 : The Authorisation was Successful.', '3494492', 'YIIKBYRUIA', 'DATA NOT CHECKED', 'NOTCHECKED', 'NOTCHECKED', 'NOTCHECKED', 'NOTCHECKED', '', '2007-07-13 14:28:38')

it's ok tom, i got it sorted thanks to vger - i was trying to use a version higher than 3.0c, which is what the problem was.

thanks very much for your help though