The e-commerce.

No one seems to be buying anything

finkelsteinj

You have nothing for these pages:

Shipping & Returns

Privacy Notice

Conditions of Use

Except the "stock" osC code.

You probably should populate those pages with your specific info.

That may help....

:blush:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

germ,

Thanks, we are adding the shipping information now. I don't seem to be getting the secure lock down in the corner can you go though the whole process and see if everything looks good from a customer stand point?

Thanks,

Jason

You've got the Shipping & Returns page down.

As soon as you get the other two pages, it looks and functions OK for me.

:thumbsup:

I noticed you have no "Meta-tags".

They might help get you listed in search engines better.

A post I made here on the subject:

Click Me

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

A couple things.

To see where visitors are coming from and what they are looking at and what page they exit, install Supertracker contribution. Very useful information.

As for the site - you are selling a boring product in a boring fashion (plain site, unmodified osC template) Just like any store, B&M or eCom, the first question is "why would a customer buy from Complete Air Filter Solutions?" I can go to the hardware store to get a filter, why should I buy on line. The second question is if I decide to buy on line, why from your particular site.

To answer to the first question needs to be the most important thing on the page. If you are priced better than the hardware store, splash that. if you have a larger selection of hard to find items, highlight that. If you have immediate shipping (or even free shipping!) make sure every visitor sees and remembers that.

The second question can be answered in part by the suggestions of germ.

After that there are some other things, but dress the place up, tell people what you are about and why they should buy. Think of it in these terms: IF you get an interested shopper, you have about 3-5 seconds to convince them to stay and check things out. Use that 5 second to keep them in your store.

Good Luck

You need to put who you are on the contact page or make an about us page. It is a rare person who is going to hand over their money without a few more clues who they are giving it to.....

I would remove the 'this product was added' bit on the products as it just shows you are a new shop.

Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock.

You can buy them anyway and check the quantity we have in stock for immediate deliver in the checkout process

Is this on all the products? All customers really only want to know is are they or are they not available to buy.

If I try to go to checkout the create an account page tells me it is ssl but no padlock.

Hope of help and good luck,

crazy

In catalog/products_info.php

find around line 203

<td align="center" class="smallText"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_added'])); ?></td>

change to

<td align="center" class="smallText"><?php //echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_added'])); ?></td>

Also right above that on about line 197 is

<td align="center" class="smallText"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_AVAILABLE, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_available'])); ?></td>

if you dont want a date availible then change to

<td align="center" class="smallText"><?php //echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_AVAILABLE, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_available'])); ?></td>

Not sure about the lock

What you have done is pretty much the minimum needed to get the store up and running ... but I dont believe its enough to make a sale.

Heres a list of stuff that I do as standard for any OSC store:

Then theres a bit of design to get it looking less 'cartoony' and a bit more serious.

Then theres some quality content authoring to generate trust and confidence - see http://www.biosensis.com for example

Then theres some decent SEO work to make it work with search engines

Then you should wait a year or so, and update the site every couple of months at least.

Then if you still dont have customers, write back & we'll see whatrs wrong

Making a successful website requires some hard work and expertise. Dont believe the sales pitch that its all 'easy'

Hello Everyone!,

We seem to be getting customers to the store front and into the cart but they don't seem to be going any further. Can someone let me know if they see anything that might be a problem? http://shop.completeairfiltersolutions.net

Thanks,

Jason

I looked at your site and I reallt can't find anything wrong with the look of it but I find it hard to find the products on your site, unless I know exactly what I'm after.

In my opinion I would instead of the Categories -> All filters I would show what you have in 'Show All Brands' including the possibility to show all brands

and instead of showing me this long list like:

10x10x1 (9)

10x15x1 (7)

10x16x1 (6)

10x20x1 (21)

10x24x1 (8)

10x25x1 (7)

I would like to see just a drop down list with the size that is relative to the brand I decided to click on.

My 2 cents.

Regards

-Bjorn

And I could see no links leading to your shop from your main website - www.completeairfiltersolutions.net/ . This is probably the most important thing.

Your shop is a subdomain of the main site. Without links leading to it, nobody will find it unless you actually tell them directly. Search engines wont find it easily either, though they will follow these forum links. Im surprised that (as you say) there are people accessing it. There would be quite a few from this forum, but they don't count.

I agree with the Bjorn in that the way the products are presented in the categories isn't going to make it easy for shoppers.

Image > name > short description > buy

is the best for long lists IMHO

Some kind of classification system is needed - which is a big strength of OSC isnt it?

Other posters on this topic are way too gentle. Thats just not helpful for anyone.

The most obvious thing is the lack of design. If you are not great with HTML or php, I would recommend that you download a template, any one of them should look better than what you have. You can work on your own custom design whenever you get time, but IMO it is important to get something neat & tidy looking ASAP.

Thanks to all!

I am pretty good with HTML but I don't know where to start with OSCommerce. I have tried to change some of the pages, but they don't seem to change anything once I upload them. Is there anywhere that you guys could point me in to get started.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Jason

Thanks to all!

I am pretty good with HTML but I don't know where to start with OSCommerce. I have tried to change some of the pages, but they don't seem to change anything once I upload them. Is there anywhere that you guys could point me in to get started.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Jason

You are still at the early days of your design.

My first suggestion is get wamp and install a test store on your pc. Then go to the contributions setions and try out various ones on your test store. When you something you like and working, put it in your online store.

Archived