• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by

timhieuxem

Hello, i'm new here...

i purchased this template and installed everything. But when i try to register or sign in or enter my email to "tell your friend" didn't work... these are the message i got: Please help . Thank you very much

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shop/public_html/v84/mobi/includes/languages/english.php:320) in /home/shop/public_html/v84/mobi/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

Hello, i'm new here...

i purchased this template and installed everything. But when i try to register or sign in or enter my email to "tell your friend" didn't work... these are the message i got: Please help . Thank you very much

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shop/public_html/v84/mobi/includes/languages/english.php:320) in /home/shop/public_html/v84/mobi/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

It may be that both mentioned files are doing the same thing and you need to delete from one.

• 1 year later...
http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/G...mon_Problems/15

Try this? Havent had possibility to check this on my own store yet but found this link today. Please report here if this solved your problem.

Thank you for your help. It's folks like you who make dealing with Oscommerce quirks bearable. I had this issue while installing the Discount Coupon 3.32 module. Now if I can figure out how to make the new module work, I'll give you a discount coupon for helping me at Blessed Be Gifts! :lol:

• 1 month later...

I second that BBGifts, "It's folks like you who make dealing with Oscommerce quirks bearable."

Thanks guys, I solved my problem.

All that was wrong was, my transfer.php file (\catalog\includes\languages\english\modules\payment\transfer.php) had two "enters" at the end - the dreaded whitespace.

Crazy thing is, I'd never even touched that file before! Anyway, I deleted the two extra lines and hey presto, no problem!

thanks again guys :)

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This happened for me after installing Header Tags SEO, where the previous developer had meta tag code in the /includes/languages/english.php file.

After looking at the error code on the site again, I realized it was showing me to go to that file. So no investigation was necessary or following code flow... lol. And I might mention here that I have TONS of whitespaces everywhere after the ?> which have no effect on site performance.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

• 1 year later...

I apologise for opening an old thread, but I found it quite easily and if I can get this sorted out, it might help future OSC users.

I'm getting this error on a local MAMP install of the site. I migrated it from a working server to do some major work to it, but can't access the admin panel because of this damned error.

Every time I delete white space, more appears in other files. I ran an automated white space removal through Dreamweaver and white space appears before the opening and after the closing PHP tags when I try to access the admin side.

I don't know why it keeps generating this white space, so if anyone can shed some light on it, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks in advance!

Stop using Dreamweaver and use a simple text editor like Wordpad instead.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

I spoke too soon.

It got me to the login page, but after that I get the same error, but referencing a different file. I go there and remove the whitespace and try to load the page, and it reports the error in yet another file. It seems endless!

The thing is, it's giving errors like the one below, changing the first file reference but ALWAYS referencing line 16 in general.php.

[16-Jul-2011 10:11:33] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/mysite/admin/includes/classes/table_block.php:1) in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/mysite/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 16

Any clues as to what I can do? Below is a code snippet from general.php - the second line is line 16.

}
header('Location:' . $url);
if (STORE_PAGE_PARSE_TIME == 'true') {
if (!is_object($logger)) $logger = new logger;
$logger->timer_stop();
}

Click the "Headers already sent" link in my signature.

The problem is in the other file on line 1.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived