• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

i can't edit my last post, there are two Categories Jack and i have Links in First category and Second category none ( True , Display all Link Categories - in admin conf - links ) all same will generate come errors

The problem appears to be that a database setting is missing. I see it is in the install file but not in the update one - don't know how that happened. But please run the following for your database and see if it helps:

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('<font color=purple>Link Maximum Categories per Row</font>', 'LINKS_MAX_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW', '3', 'How many categories should be displayed per row?', '" . $configuration_group_id . "', '36', now())

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Fixed !!!

Wow , Thanks Jack Now the category Row Looks Good ... works like a Charm

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt127/jipang/FIx.jpg

but Need some Modification for Showing the New Rules about "Link Maximum Categories per Row - 3" Jack, because dbase code above doesnt have configuration_group_id ( default zero ) and i must set to : in my dbase is 888003

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt127/jipang/fix2.jpg

if configuration_group_id = 0 ( FIXED - but the setting "Link Maximum Categories per Row - 3" was dissapear / hidden )

if configuration_group_id = xxxxxxx - depend on your database configuration_group_id ( fixed and "Link Maximum Categories per Row - 3" will show and ready to the new set..

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt127/jipang/fix3.jpg

Thanks before your Help Jack The Legend ..

Edited by JIPANG

I'm sorry, that was my mistake. I copied that command from the install file and it uses a variable to load the ID. When it is used directly in the database, the ID has to be entered in the command. The easiest way to fix it now is to edit the database. If you select the configuration table and then use the >> link to go to the last entry, you should see it there. Just edit it and change the configuration group ID to the correct number - 888003.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 weeks later...

Jack

The installation instructions for post 2.3 are missing

12: In catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php

ADD anywhere before the last ?>:

// Links Manager II v1.29 begin
  require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'links.php');
// Links Manager II v1.29 end

Also when I ran the set up php I got a cannot redeclare dulicate ...I think it was to do with categories.

In the links manager if you make a mistake it seens to wipe out all the data you have entered forcing you to reinput everything.

Apart from thet

:-)

looking good.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Thanks Geoffrey. You're correct that there aren't instructions for left column. That's because from 2.3.3.4 (I think) and onward, changes are not made to that file. I probably should have added a note for that.

There isn't anything in the setup file to give that kind of message so it must have been a MySQL message. If you already had this addon installed, then that would cause it. In that case, the update file should be used. If you didn't have it installed, I don't know what that might have been.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 6 months later...

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

• Added instructions regarding the Version Checker
  • Changed breadcrumb trail code so the id's are correct
  • Changed domain checking code so domains are reported correctly now
  • Changed the links status page so it now checks the links when loaded and displays accurate results
  • Changed links_check code so that if a site is found, the link count is decremented
  • Changed links_check code so that emails are handled correctly
  • Changed links image code so images are now uploaded and loaded from the server (previous url's for images will still work)
  • Converted code for 2.3 compatibility
  • Fixed back code so previous link category is correctly formatted
  • Fixed type for link categories in 2.3 admin link box
  • Fixed many miscellaneous mistakes as reported by user wdepot

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jack

I have installed the latest version on bootstrap and everything seems to work perfect. the only thing in frontpage its meessed up...in the link.php, all have a big space between maybe is the stylesheet? can i sent you the link to see what i mean?

No, I'm sorry but I can't offer free support on an individual basis. I would offer to at least look at it but I don't have a shop setup here using BS and am not familiar with the differences in its code so that wouldn't do any good. You could try replacing whatever file is causing the disruption with the original one and then apply the changes to that file one at a time to try to isolate it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's something to do with how that shop (BS) is handling the code. You could try removing all of the stylesheet changes for Links Manager to see if that makes a difference. If it does, then it should just be a matter of tracing down the one causing it. If not, compare the links file with one that is working and see if you can see a difference. My guess is that the other files are loading in other css files or code and you will need to add those to the links file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

i removed all the

<tr>
        <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
      </tr>

from the catalog files links.php, links_submit.php, links_submit_success.php and i think its ok...

Thank you Jack for you help and for the nice addons

Yes, it is possible for that to happen. Previously, the person adding the link would add a link to the image on their site. This made it easy for them to change the image, even to one with virus code in it. I changed the code to have them upload the image, thinking that if the shop owner has investigated the shop and it is legitimate, it is unlikely they would supply an infected image, at least on purpose. But the bottom line is that there's no simple way to protect against this happening. There is code that can be added to hide the image path but it is not a quick change and isn't part of the addon.  The best thing to do is to run a virus checker on the images if you think this may be an issue.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you add code to prevent someone from accessing it directly, the display code for the links page won't be able to display the image. It might work if the links images directory was moved to the includes directory. I don't have time to check that but if you want to try it, edit the includes/functions/links.php file and change this line

$src = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'links_manager_uploads/' . $src;

to this

$src = 'includes/links_manager_uploads/' . $src;

Then create a directory named links_manager_uploads in the includes directory and copy the images from the images/links_manager_uploads/ directory into it. Try viewing the links page and see if the images display. If they do, then this would be a good solution, though there would be other code changes needed to make it work without having to manually copy files.

But to be clear, this would just prevent someone from accessing the file directly. If the file was infected, it could still do damage.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ther isn't an image for that but there is one to display the images or not. You can turn that off and no one would be able to find the image because its name is changed when it is uploaded.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Hello, Jack!

I just install Links Manager II V 1.31 at osc2.3.4 and not sure anyone told you before about ./admin/links_status.php does not show properly with blank main body of page content. It works for for osc2.3.1 which DOC type is HTML 4.0.1

It could osc 2.3.4 back end DOC type is HTML5!

And found this following works fine with some HTML DOC modifications:

https://github.com/cartstore/cartstore-oscommerce/blob/master/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/links_status.php

:x

YaNotCook !!