• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

... and why are the images in images/links_manager_uploads themselves also set to 777 and not to a usual 644?

Could that be more of a threat?

That's a server issue. The code doesn't assign permissions.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I would like to make a suggestion for development (I am sorry I am not very capable of coding myself), and that is, to add a functionality of removing multiple links at once by selecting more than one link and then clicking delete.

Now, I am getting LOTS of spam link requests, that are overloading my link manager and it takes a lot of time deleting them.

Hope someone knows how to do this.

You could use the delete option in the Link Status section.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi !

I have OSC 2.3 and installed LM II - V1.29.

It all worked fine, but I have two issues I would need some help with.

1) I use Swedish as a second language, so I copied the files from languages/english to languages/swedish and translated. It works fine, but the swedish charcters åäöÅÄÖ shows like ? in a diamond. It works perfecly fine in all other modules. What have I missed ?

2) Link images are lost when I update a link, I have to add them again. Any tips on where to troubleshoot. I have so few link it is a very minor issue.

Thanks in advance

/per

Hi !

I have OSC 2.3 and installed LM II - V1.29.

It all worked fine, but I have two issues I would need some help with.

1) I use Swedish as a second language, so I copied the files from languages/english to languages/swedish and translated. It works fine, but the swedish charcters åäöÅÄÖ shows like ? in a diamond. It works perfecly fine in all other modules. What have I missed ?

2) Link images are lost when I update a link, I have to add them again. Any tips on where to troubleshoot. I have so few link it is a very minor issue.

Thanks in advance

/per

There isn't any code, that I can think of, in this contribution that would cause a problems with special characters. Have you tried changing the character type to utf-8? Check it in your language file (swedish.php). It starts with define('CHARSET'.

I don't understand what "lost" means. If you mean they are just not showing, load the page in IE and right click on the red X and select properties. Verify the path is correct and that the image is actually there.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There isn't any code, that I can think of, in this contribution that would cause a problems with special characters. Have you tried changing the character type to utf-8? Check it in your language file (swedish.php). It starts with define('CHARSET'.

I don't understand what "lost" means. If you mean they are just not showing, load the page in IE and right click on the red X and select properties. Verify the path is correct and that the image is actually there.

Thanks for the quick reply !

1) It is utf-8 in both english.php and swedish.php, And it works fine in all other modules/menues.

2) When I add a link from admin, it works fine, image shows up. When I update the same link (e.g. change text) the mage name is shown to the right of the "search-button". After I update, the image is removed from the link (it is still present in the upload directory). If I actually select the image again in the update it works fine.

I use Firefox, but I had the same behaviour in IE.

/per

Thanks for the quick reply !

1) It is utf-8 in both english.php and swedish.php, And it works fine in all other modules/menues.

2) When I add a link from admin, it works fine, image shows up. When I update the same link (e.g. change text) the mage name is shown to the right of the "search-button". After I update, the image is removed from the link (it is still present in the upload directory). If I actually select the image again in the update it works fine.

I use Firefox, but I had the same behaviour in IE.

/per

I can't reproduce either problem here and no one else has mentioned either so I can only guess it is something specific to your site.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't reproduce either problem here and no one else has mentioned either so I can only guess it is something specific to your site.

Yes, I guessed it might be something like that. I just got stuck.

Thanks

/per

Solved the language issue, my editor saved the text as ASCII, saving as UTF-8 resolved it.

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction.

/per

• 3 months later...

Jack, if I type in manually the correct url, http://www.koolkatjazz.com/catalog/*******/link_categories.php then it works and the page "Link Categories" shows up.

But if I click on the link in the program I get following url, http://www.koolkatjazz.com/catalog/********/FILENAME_LINKS_CATEGORIES and 404 Not Found

Hope this is of help

Cheers

Hello pederb.

I had just the same problem as yours and after spending two hours scratching my head about what could be causing that odd 404 error to happen, my suspicions were confirmed after I came across your post above.

There is actually a typo in one of the contribution files which prevents the link in admin to point to the actual php file that shows the "link categories" page.

To get rid of the error, please go to /catalog/admin/includes/boxes/links.php then, around line 24, you should find "FILENAME_LINKS_CATEGORIES": just remove the "S" from "LINKS", save the file and the error will disappear.

I do not think I would have figured out the cause for that error without your precious hint above.

Thank you

Mendoh

Hi guys.

I have installed Links Manager II on my Oscommerce website and everything seems to work fine.

Clicking on the "Links" link on the online information box causes the Links page to show up, but also delivers the following error: Warning: Illegal string offset 'links_title' in /opt/lampp/htdocs/*******/links.php on line 79

Anybody has any idea of what the cause could be?

Thank you

Mendoh

Hi guys.

I have installed Links Manager II on my Oscommerce website and everything seems to work fine.

Clicking on the "Links" link on the online information box causes the Links page to show up, but also delivers the following error: Warning: Illegal string offset 'links_title' in /opt/lampp/htdocs/*******/links.php on line 79

Anybody has any idea of what the cause could be?

That piece of code is looking for featured links. Perhaps you have the featured option enabled but no featured links, or something like that. I can't cause it here so I can only guess at this point.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problems as a couple other people here in the forum:

1. Category image is not uploading to catalog/images/links_manager_uploads. The link images on the other hand are correctly uploaded to catalog/images/links_manager_uploads, so the links_manager_uploads is correctly uploaded to the site and has the right permissions.

I changed in catalog/admin/links_categories.php on r. 97 this:

if ($link_categories_image = new upload('link_categories_image', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES )) {

into this:

if ($link_categories_image = new upload('link_categories_image', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES .'links_manager_uploads/')) {

that seems to work, but

2. I don't see the image in the categories. The link that shows when i open the category image in a new page:

http://mysite/catalog/images/links_manager_uploads/images/image.jpg

while when I check the image link for the link images, I get this:

http://mysite/catalog/images/links_manager_uploads/image.jpg

It seems that the second /images in the first link is not correct. The link shows up this way with or without my fix from point 1.

Can you tell me how I can fix this ? Thanks

Edited by Clau123

Besides the first change you made, find this in links.php (shop side)

if (SHOW_LINKS_CATEGORIES_IMAGE == 'True') {
	    if (tep_not_null($categories['link_categories_image'])) {
		  echo tep_links_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['link_categories_image'], $categories['link_categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>';

and change it to

if (SHOW_LINKS_CATEGORIES_IMAGE == 'True') {
	    if (tep_not_null($categories['link_categories_image'])) {
		  echo tep_links_image($categories['link_categories_image'], $categories['link_categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>';

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

Jack,

I tried to run the links_setup.php and received the following error:

SCREAM: Error suppression ignored for

Warning: require(includes/column_left.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\essential-oils-catalog\links_setup.php on line 171

SCREAM: Error suppression ignored for

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/column_left.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\wamp\www\essential-oils-catalog\links_setup.php on line 171

I looked for includes/column_left, but can not find it in the contribution folder and it is not part of my oscommerce site (2.3.3)

Diana

That's correct - it isn't part of 2.3. I haven't altered the file for 2.3. But as long as you get a complete message, the changes were made and you can continue on.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I made the file changes and got an error message about the database. So, I went and put // in front of the column command and the script ran. There was a typo in the filenames for the LINK_CATEGORIES. It was an easy fix. I just wanted to mention it in case you update the file for 2.3 Sooooo excited to be getting through this! Thank you for your help!

Diana

I'm glad you got it going. The LINK_CATEGORIES is a known problem and has been fixed in the next version but I don't know when I will have time to get that ready for upload. I do appreciate you mentioning it, though.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Besides having to spend waaay too much time figuring out why the links weren't showing on my page (For anyone else going, "#$%*!!! wtf?", Category can NOT be set to TOP in the "Links" section of the Admin panel.), this is SUPER AWESOME and just saved me a TON of time and was so easy compared to what I was thinking I was going to have to do for similar results. THANKS JACK!

I wanted to know if there was a reason the Spanish language files were all jacked up? Why is there all that extra code that you don't see in regular multi-lingual modules? Some of it is commented but the comments are cryptic. I was hoping to copy the English language files and translate them to Spanish and upload them for this module but I don't understand the reason for the extra code in the Spanish files that downloaded with Links Manager II.

Thanks!