• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager II

Have another problem now.....

URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in admin/includes/functions/links.php on line 256

so ive created a php.ini file in root and included allow_url_fopen = ON

to no avail, is there another work around other than speaking to my server supplier (1and1)

Not all options can be set in local php.ini files so you would need to have your host change it, if they will. That function is just used for the parent link option so if you are not going to use that option, it shouldn't be a problem (the code may have to be commented out). You can also try replacing this line

$file = file_get_contents($linkArray['scheme'] .'://' . $linkArray['host'] . '/');

with

$file = implode("\n", GetLinksFileArray($linkArray['scheme'] .'://' . $linkArray['host'] . '/'));

I haven't tested it but I think it will work.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 5 weeks later...

Very nice and usefull contribution, thanks. I just installed it and getting the following message: click here: babyfavorsandgifts.com/links.php to see it:

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/template_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in path_to/links.php on line 118

Please help! don't know what i did wrong.

Thanks

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Very nice and usefull contribution, thanks. I just installed it and getting the following message: click here: babyfavorsandgifts.com/links.php to see it:

Fatal error: require() function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/template_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /path_to/links.php on line 118

Please help! don't know what i did wrong.

Thanks

The template_top.php file is only for version 2.3. Perhaps you used teh wrong version? Edited by Jan Zonjee

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I installed the right version and now i am getting the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare usu5_base_filename() (previously declared in /home/babyfav1/public_html/includes/application_top.php:53) in /home/babyfav1/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 72

i just can't figure out what i did wrong

Thank you for your help

That's an error from the SEO 5 addon. You can turn it off in admin to verify Links Manager works correctly. If it doesn't, then there is a mistake in your installation. If it does, then you need to ask in its support thread for help with it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Everyone

I just finished installing links manager 2 on osc2.3.1 and it works fine except for the linksmanager2/link categories button in the admin doesn't work when I click it it goes to a blank page and it goes to this url http://www.oursacredgarden.com/admin/FILENAME_LINKS_CATEGORIES

But if I type into my browser http://www.oursacredgarden.com/admin/link_categories.php

it works fine..

Does anyone know what line of code I have to mess with to fix this?

Thanks

Adamanto75

I just finished installing links manager 2 on osc2.3.1 and it works fine except for the linksmanager2/link categories button in the admin doesn't work when I click it it goes to a blank page and it goes to this url http://www.oursacredgarden.com/admin/FILENAME_LINKS_CATEGORIES

Capital letters in an error mean a definition is missing, which is usually due an installation error.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe a silly question, but how can I add in the admin panel under configuration-links another language? There are now English, German, Spanish and French. My shop has English, German and Dutch - so I'd like to add Dutch.

I already added the entry in both dutch.php files.

Another thing..... this may be, because I don't know php coding, just followed the instructions you gave.....

I'm using OSC 2.3.

At installing the database files I got the error, already described above.

After putting all those entries in the stylesheet and the many php files, I get in the admin panel-modules-boxes the text:

Warning: include(includes/boxes/links_box.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hg-shop.eu/public_html/store/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 24

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/boxes/links_box.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/hg-shop.eu/public_html/store/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 24

Customers

Locations / Taxes

Localization

Reports

Tools

Links Manager II

Boxes pixel_trans.gifBack

Warning: include(/home/hg-shop.eu/public_html/store//includes/languages/english/modules/boxes/links_box.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hg-shop.eu/public_html/store/admin/modules.php on line 129

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/hg-shop.eu/public_html/store//includes/languages/english/modules/boxes/links_box.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/hg-shop.eu/public_html/store/admin/modules.php on line 129

I don't understand at all what this means and how it can be corrected. Don't hope it needs to reinstall the whole shop again!

Another thing..... this may be, because I don't know php coding, just followed the instructions you gave.....

I'm using OSC 2.3.

At installing the database files I got the error, already described above.

After putting all those entries in the stylesheet and the many php files, I get in the admin panel-modules-boxes the text:

Warning: include(includes/boxes/links_box.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hg-shop.eu/public_html/store/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 24

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/boxes/links_box.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/hg-shop.eu/public_html/store/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 24

Looks like you are using the wrong version when installing. You use the version meant for your version of oscommerce.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

Question.

Is it possible to have both pages of links (say 20 links per page) and also have the ability to View All or Show All the links.

I tried the php function of "display=all" and that did not work.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Hi Jack,

I installed the latest version, LM II - V1.29.

The database setup worked fine.

In admin I added a category, and then tried to add a link.

When I look on my website, I get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'l.links_id' in 'field list'

select count(l.links_id) as total from (select ld.links_title, ld.links_description, l.links_url, l.links_clicked, l.links_id from links_description ld left join links l on ld.links_id = l.links_id left join links_to_link_categories l2lc on l.links_id = l2lc.links_id where l.links_status = '2' and CHAR_LENGTH(ld.links_title) > '0'and l2lc.link_categories_id = '1' and ( ld.language_id = '4' or ld.language_id = 99 ) order by ld.links_title) as t

My site is in dutch www.gewoongezond.be/links.php , I don't know if it could have anything to do with language, because in admin>configuration>links there is no entry for dutch links?

Please, could you help me? I am grateful for any help, thanks.

Michiel

Hi Jack,

I installed the latest version, LM II - V1.29.

The database setup worked fine.

In admin I added a category, and then tried to add a link.

When I look on my website, I get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'l.links_id' in 'field list'

The error is saying it can't find the entry in the database. Are you sure you ran the links_setup and not the links_update file?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I did run the links_setup.

I found the little problem in includes/modules/link_listing.php line 34 causing the error:

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY, 'l.links_id');

I removed l.links_id so now it looks like this:

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY);

Now it seems to work fine. Allthough I am not sure if this would cause problems elsewhere...

Another thing I changed, is in includes/functions/links.php line 66 , because when creating or editing a category, category images were not uploaded right and not showing on my website.

Please check for me if I made any damage to the function by changing this.

I changed the last line in this piece of code:

////
// The HTML image wrapper function
 function tep_links_image($src, $alt = '', $width = '', $height = '', $parameters = '') {
   if ( (empty($src) || ($src == DIR_WS_IMAGES)) && (IMAGE_REQUIRED == 'false') ) {
  return false;
   }
   /****************** check if image is on another site ******************/
   if (strpos($src, 'http') === FALSE) {
    $src = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'links_manager_uploads/' . $src;
   }

To this:

////
 function tep_links_image($src, $alt = '', $width = '', $height = '', $parameters = '') {
   if ( (empty($src) || ($src == DIR_WS_IMAGES)) && (IMAGE_REQUIRED == 'false') ) {
  return false;
   }
    $src = $src;
   }

Thanks, Michiel

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I did run the links_setup.

I found the little problem in includes/modules/link_listing.php line 34 causing the error:

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY, 'l.links_id');

I removed l.links_id so now it looks like this:

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY);

Now it seems to work fine. Allthough I am not sure if this would cause problems elsewhere...

Another thing I changed, is in includes/functions/links.php line 66 , because when creating or editing a category, category images were not uploaded right and not showing on my website.

Please check for me if I made any damage to the function by changing this.

I changed the last line in this piece of code:

To this:

////
  return false;
}
	$src = $src;
}

That changes where the images are stored. If it was failing before, my guess is that you either didn't create the links images directory or didn't set its permissions correctly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I set the permissions of images/links_manager_uploads correct: 777.

It does work when I upload a category image from admin side.

However, when someone requests a link (/links_submit.php), and uploads an image, they get a succesful message, but the image is not uploaded, not in /images, nor in /images/links_manager_uploads.

I tried .gif, .jpg and .png.

Another thing: the date button in admin/links_featured.php gives the error:

"Your specials.php was patched incorrectly. Look especially for all calls of showCalendar and if they have at least 6 parameters."

which is in admin/includes/javascript/calendarcode.js.

Could it be, that this has something to do with dutch date settings? (day-month-year)?

Maybe it would be an idea to use spiffycalendar instead, for user friendlier interface?

Michiel

I would like to make a suggestion for development (I am sorry I am not very capable of coding myself), and that is, to add a functionality of removing multiple links at once by selecting more than one link and then clicking delete.

Now, I am getting LOTS of spam link requests, that are overloading my link manager and it takes a lot of time deleting them.

Hope someone knows how to do this.